Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric showers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Hi,
    Does anybody know where I can pick up a pair of these please and what they should cost please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Moanin wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anybody know where I can pick up a pair of these please and what they should cost please?

Thanks

The guys at Earthridge in Maynooth should be able to help....

http://www.tritonshowers.ie/contact-triton.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hi, just bought a replacement Mira Elite St shower and fitted it and I've no water coming from it.

Checked the obvious like the water and electricty has been switched on. When I remove the filter cover I have water in there.

As it's new I dont want to do much more but is there anything else I could check? I really dont want the bother of removing it again for something simple.

I know I'm in a DIY forum but doea anyone know what are my consumer rights are, money back, replacement unit or they take it for repair, don't want the latter as it's the only shower we have in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

phog wrote: »
    Hi, just bought a replacement Mira Elite St shower and fitted it and I've no water coming from it.

Checked the obvious like the water and electricty has been switched on. When I remove the filter cover I have water in there.

As it's new I dont want to do much more but is there anything else I could check? I really dont want the bother of removing it again for something simple.

I know I'm in a DIY forum but doea anyone know what are my consumer rights are, money back, replacement unit or they take it for repair, don't want the latter as it's the only shower we have in the house?

Usually there is a bleed screw to be opened, to allow the water to flow down to the shower, before operating it when its newly installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Should you leave the red power switch on all the time as i usually turn it off after use.

• Advertisement

Sappa wrote: »
    Should you leave the red power switch on all the time as i usually turn it off after use.

I leave my one on anyway. No real need to switch the isolator off after every use. Switching them every time likely reduces the life span of the isolator switch.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Usually there is a bleed screw to be opened, to allow the water to flow down to the shower, before operating it when its newly installed.

Unfortunately not, at least I cant see one, best I can come up with is the filter cover and I've water in there.

I also found this but loathe to try it incase I do more harm than good.
    Expert's Answer Hi, my name is XXXX. XXX'X see if I can assist you. There is not a purge button on the elite, if you take off the shower head lay the hose in the bath, turn control to full cold, switch power temp setting to low, then turn on the power to the unit and press the start button. Allow 5-10 seconds for water to come through. This is the correct way to bleed the shower. If no water is coming through then you will need to follow the pipe back to the tank and check as the cold leaves the tank to make sure there is no rise on the pipe as it may be this part that has the air lock.

Unfortunately not, at least I cant see one, best I can come up with is the filter cover and I've water in there.

That should work, turn the water temp to coldest with the dial, and also turn the heat selector to cold.

There is probably no bleed screw in the mira shower. The triton ones have it alright.

That should work, turn the water temp to coldest with the dial, and also turn the heat selector to cold.

There is probably no bleed screw in the mira shower. The triton ones have it alright.

Thanks.

Tried that as part of the commissioning process and it didn't work.

However, I got it working :) I decided to try and prime it, which is a bit different than bleeding it, I think!

What I did was:

Removed the rosehead from the hose and removed the hose from the shower.

Filled the hose with water from the tap, then connect to shower without releasing any of the water (keep your thumb on other end).

Then I lowered the lose end into the shower tray, keep finger covering the end.

Switch on shower, let it run, remove finger and let the water flow. This drew the water.

Mire Eltite ST Electric Shower. Bleed. Prime.

Thanks.

Tried that as part of the commissioning process and it didn't work.

However, I got it working :) I decided to try and prime it, which is a bit different than bleeding it, I think!

What I did was:

Removed the rosehead from the hose and removed the hose from the shower.

Filled the hose with water from the tap, then connect to shower without releasing any of the water (keep your thumb on other end).

Then I lowered the lose end into the shower tray, keep finger covering the end.

Switch on shower, let it run, remove finger and let the water flow. This drew the water.

Mire Eltite ST Electric Shower. Bleed. Prime.

Never did it that way, but sucking on the hose as if using like a syphon, after removing the shower head I have done, when it does not prime itself, that usually works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Just pulled the cord for the shower there and the switch is making a loud noise, and I mean loud. Jumped in had my shower and it's still making noise. I hit the circuit breaker down stairs to see if that would get rid of it, but it's still making noise :confused:

anyone know what it might be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just pulled the cord for the shower there and the switch is making a loud noise, and I mean loud. Jumped in had my shower and it's still making noise. I hit the circuit breaker down stairs to see if that would get rid of it, but it's still making noise :confused:

Not loud enough to deter you from having the shower :eek:

Are you sure you operated the correct breaker? Did you try the main switch fuse? Either way its not normal, and needs to be checked by a sparks

What sort of noise, buzzing? As davy said, if you switched off the correct breaker, it is hard to imagine the switch continuing to make the noise it was making.

I cant think of any continuous noise they would make apart from an arcing/buzzing sound, which should stop with the shower off, and certainly with the circuit breaker off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

What sort of noise, buzzing? As davy said, if you switched off the correct breaker, it is hard to imagine the switch continuing to make the noise it was making.

I cant think of any continuous noise they would make apart from an arcing/buzzing sound, which should stop with the shower off, and certainly with the circuit breaker off.

defo switched the right breaker. The noise has stopped now, but was still going when the breaker was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭meercat

anyone know what it might be?

you sure its not the extractor fan?

do you have 2 electric showers by any chance(have seen priority switch units in attics and contactor may be humming)

if you are in any doubt make sure the tripswitch is off as others have said and get it checked soon

defo switched the right breaker. The noise has stopped now, but was still going when the breaker was off.

Seems unlikely the noise was from the switch then.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

hi guys looking to source elecric shower spares im quiet busy fixing them but would like a better supply of spares as they hard and slow to get thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wee_me

Recently moved into quite an old house and we are renovating at the moment. We need an electric shower. A plumber recommended we get a triton t90z but just wondering if there are any other brands or models that are similar? Mira, creda whatever not fussy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slaphead_

Can anyone tell me what the average going rate to install a pumped electric shower or a power shower in Dublin. I'm going to call a few places but just wanted to get an idea first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

The official service agent for Mira showers, Triton Showers and Stuart Turnrr pumps is The Shower Doctor, they are in Park West in Dublin, sorry dont have their numbet, if you Google it you will find them

Quote=Slaphead_;80953057]Can anyone tell me what the average going rate to install a pumped electric shower or a power shower in Dublin. I'm going to call a few places but just wanted to get an idea first.[/Quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The official service agent for Mira showers, Triton Showers and Stuart Turnrr pumps is The Shower Doctor, they are in Park West in Dublin, sorry dont have their numbet, if you Google it you will find them

Quote=Slaphead_;80953057]Can anyone tell me what the average going rate to install a pumped electric shower or a power shower in Dublin. I'm going to call a few places but just wanted to get an idea first.
    [/QUOTE]

Triton showers and Mira showers have there own agencies. the shower doctors is just another agent like anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I have a quick question. What is needed ,from the electrical side of things,to install 4 showers(en suite) in a house that is to be gutted and refurbished?

housetypeb wrote: »
    I have a quick question. What is needed ,from the electrical side of things,to install 4 showers(en suite) in a house that is to be gutted and refurbished?

If your talking electric showers you will need to speak to an electrician and you will only be able to use one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Yes it's electrics showers, just wondering if it's doable as I will be putting in new wiring and plumbing anyway and have a blank canvass to play with.
    I know that with two showers you'ld have priority switching but not sure how it works with 4 showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Hi,
    I recently bought a house and the electric shower in both the bathroom and the ensuite do not turn on at all. in fairness the one in the ensuite looks quite old (house is 9 yrs old so I am thking the shower is that age also) But the shower in the bathroom looks much newer but it also wont turn on either :(

I am totally clueless when it comes to DIY so I dont know; do I get an electricin or a plumber to look at this??
    There doesn't seem to be an issue with the trip switches if that means anything

Again sorry for the vagueness in this but I honestly dont have a clue what to do.
    I am thinking a new shower unit may be needed for the ensuite as it may just be too old??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Hi,
    I recently bought a house and the electric shower in both the bathroom and the ensuite do not turn on at all. in fairness the one in the ensuite looks quite old (house is 9 yrs old so I am thking the shower is that age also) But the shower in the bathroom looks much newer but it also wont turn on either :(

I am totally clueless when it comes to DIY so I dont know; do I get an electricin or a plumber to look at this??

Again sorry for the vagueness in this but I honestly dont have a clue what to do.
    I am thinking a new shower unit may be needed for the ensuite as it may just be too old??

plumber id say. most will know fair bit of electrics too. enough to problem solve a shower anyway

Hi,

Is the light on the pull cord switch on the wall on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 comfysofa

Hi,

I'm getting a new pumped electric shower for a second bathroom. Just wonder if anyone has any recommendations as to which make or model. Should I stick to Mira or Triton? Creda and Gainsborough get fairly good reviews on Amazon and seem to be a bit cheaper, but this might be a case of you get what you pay for?

One thing to note is that we live in an area with lots of limescale... lots as in a new kitchen kettle every two months and you have to chew your coffee :) That said, this new shower won't be used every day.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Place I just moved into has a Dimplex 2000 Electric shower,there are tons of little dots on the dial and out of about 40 only one of them is a hot point,soon as u move it off that it goes freezing,had fun for the first few weeks finding that out. Brrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

comfysofa wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm getting a new pumped electric shower for a second bathroom. Just wonder if anyone has any recommendations as to which make or model. Should I stick to Mira or Triton? Creda and Gainsborough get fairly good reviews on Amazon and seem to be a bit cheaper, but this might be a case of you get what you pay for?

One thing to note is that we live in an area with lots of limescale... lots as in a new kitchen kettle every two months and you have to chew your coffee :) That said, this new shower won't be used every day.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Get Mira, they last

Advertisement