Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Inception' Mega Thread *SPOILERS FROM POST 292 ONWARDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Which one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have avoided trailers, reviews and synopses: only a week to go so I think I can make it!

If I see a single spoiler in this thread *waves banning stick* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

While I haven't delved deep into the reviews many of them don't reveal anything as they all stress it's a film to watch cold. Many seem to agree this is his best work yet.

It's touted as an intelligent, mature film with fantastic set pieces, highly recommended for IMAX.

What I love about Nolan is his old-school way to making films. This guy probably would've killed all around him had he been around in the 70's when CGI wasn't a neccesity to big films. Even in this day & age in Hollywood he wants to push what can be physically possible with sets and camera technology (none of that fancy-smancy 3D or CGI bollox)

Listening to him in interviews describe how he likes making films is brilliant, whatever about the story he knows exactly how a film should be made.

It'll be a fùckin' crime if this doesn't do as well as it should in the box office.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭fitz

I reckon this is gonna have a better second/third week than it's opening week. The general movie going public don't really know enough about it, but I think the word of mouth after opening weekend is going to be huge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭filmfan

Avoiding all reviews as well, don't want to know a thing, so nice to have a few exciting movies coming up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I also no nothing apart from the 15sec ad on tv which gives nothing away. I'd nearly say it's the first time since the matrix that I know nothing about a film before watching and the 5th element before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 czarak

Apparently the Dublin premiere is on Wed 14th at The Savoy, anyone know if there are any screenings on the 15th anywhere? I can't find any info on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 klicha10

ye thx men

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I've been really looking forward to this since I saw the first teaser (60 seconds or whatever it was) early this year and I haven't watched any other trailers since, except for the TV clips I've seen, it really does look like it's going to be the movie of the summer for me. Not going to read any reviews before hand either as I gave up reading reviews a while ago as they've become ridiculous with spoilers these past few years (just like trailers).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Surprised Cineworld aren't doing a Thursday preview.

• Advertisement

NNNNnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrggggghhh!!!

The Soundtrack is out.............must...........resist.............only..............3 days............to..............go............nnnnnnnnnnnnnggggghhh!!!

There's also 4 clips up on the web, I'd advise to stay well away from them. I haven't seen them but they did the same thing with The Dark Knight and showed important scenes. Anyone who dares post 'em here shall be swiftly shot.

Total Film have given a comprehensive review (4/5 Stars), didn't read it because of the spoilers but it seems they didn't lick arse like Empire did (as per usual)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

My mind is spoiler free and pure as the virgin snow for Inception, I hate that I have to pin so much hope on this film to salvage a poxy summer at the movies though.

I am however anticipating a solid liklihood that I'll be able saunter over to the Avatards over on IMBD and taunt them with a film that's actually good science fiction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

momento 1
    darknight 0

it's all about the binary..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Going to see this and Predators in the same night. :p

I, like you guys, know very little about this film. You wouldn't realise how hard it is to avoid stuff though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

going to Vue on Saturday morning at 9.40am hopefully there won't be to many annoying people in the cinema at that time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

going to Vue on Saturday morning at 9.40am hopefully there won't be to many annoying people in the cinema at that time :)

good idea, the earliest in my local is 11.30, can imagine all the teenieboppers with nothing better to do with their afternoon.. (pot kettle black.. :o)

Popping into town now to get me tickets, fùck if I'm gonna be queuing for this!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't read it cause I want to go in completely blank, but an official prequel comic called The Cobol Job is available online here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/inception-comic.html

Only seen the first trailer a right while ago.. Nothing since and we don't have channels so no ads.
    Think i'm waiting till next week when it wont be so packed and noisy.
    Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

just seen it there,it is the weirdest film i've ever seen..duno if its weird in a good way or a bad way:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭fluke

I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a movie that wasn't a sequel, reboot or book adaptation in so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

Saw the premiere screening last night. In my opinion, its the movie of the year. Absolutely awesome. Definitely seeing it again when its released tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Pudding11 wrote: »
    Saw the premiere screening last night. In my opinion, its the movie of the year. Absolutely awesome. Definitely seeing it again when its released tomorrow.

We watched it last night in the cinema (just staff) have to say, best film this year so far.

Advice to anyone going to watch it, do not get up and go to the toilet, it's nearly 2 and a half hours but you don't want to get lost,

It's bit of a headF**K IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Going to the 10:50pm show tomorrow night (pity there's no later show to be sure) for the same reason, the last 3 movies I've seen have been late showings and I enjoyed all 3 immensely as as result; it was just like the cinema used to be. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Gonna see it at 11am tomorrow, the joys of being a student taking the Summer to write his thesis. :pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Gonna see it at 11am tomorrow, the joys of being a student taking the Summer to write his thesis. :pac:

Well for some, eh?

I'm seeing it at 10:30pm tomorrow night, got my tickets a few days back. The urge to look at clips, reviews and listen to the soundtrack is reaching boiling point................nearly..............there...............nnnnnnnnnnnnggghhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I saw it earlier tonight and all I can say is WOW! :eek: But I must warn you, it will not be too everyones taste considering the sear complexity of the plot.........it is so easy to get lost then end up not "getting it" (like the dude in the cinema behind me who greeted the end credits with "What the f**k was that"? :D).
    The trailer totally gives away all the big action set pieces but doesn't spoil the plot that much (if at all) but I have to say that the mid-air fight scenes where the van is tumbling down the hill thus making the hotel corridor rotate is sheer cinematic brilliance!

Tip of the cap to you Christopher Nolan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Saw this last night.. Mind Meltingly Magnificent... THE film of the year, excellent plot, excellent cast, excellent music, basically excellent everything!..

And I really don't understand why people are talking about 'people not getting it'... whats not to get?.. very straight forward plot - its just a case of keeping up!!..

Jesus I can't wait.. Haven't wanted to see somethin this bad in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I only know the bare outline of the story, its something i hate doing and just going on the hype cause i'm ultimatly let down.

Anyone else have the same feelings?

Advertisement