Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your top 10 games ever!!

Options
  • 26-05-2010 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

i have been recently thinking what the 10 best games i have ever played are and i find it difficult to cut it down to just 10 games but here it is anyway.
    ps, some of the games here may not necassarily be the best games ever but they are games that i have enjoyed the most.

in no particular order:
    - goldeneye (n64)
    - final fantasy 7 (ps1)
    - resident evil (ps1)
    - tomb raider 2 (ps1)
    - mario kart 64
    - super mario bros 1
    - gears of war 2 (xbox360)
    - fifa 95 (megadrive)
    - half life the orange box (xbox360)
    - zelda; links awakening (gb)

there are so many great games i have played over the years that i have left out of my list such as doom, medal of honor (ps1) mario 64 etc. let me know what u think of my list....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I did a top 100 ages ago. My list is subject to change but off the top of my head:

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga
    2. Super Metroid
    3. Suikoden 2
    4. Super Mario World
    5. System Shock 2
    6. Zelda: Link to the PAst
    7. Gunstar Heroes
    8. Radiant Silvergun
    9. Bubble Bobble
    10. Resident Evil 4

As for your list, I've plenty of problems with it:

Goldeneye has aged dreadfully. It was a very influential game but it's terrible now.
    Resident Evil 1, I prefer the Gamecube remake and while I love the game, it's not top 10 material for me.
    Tomb Raider 2 is a terrible games. TR1 is still the only good game in the old franchise and I feel Tomb Raider Anniversary improved on that greatly.
    Mario Kart 64 I feel is by far the worst in the series. I'd take Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii and Double Dash over it anyday.
    Fifa 95, meh football games and ISS Deluxe and sensi were always way better
    Gears of War 2. Decent game but getting no where near my top 100.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

10. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    9. Castlevania
    8. Advance Wars DS
    7. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    6. Streets of Rage 2
    5. Resident Evil 2
    4. Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    3. Dungeon Keeper
    2. Civilisation II
    1. Half-Life

• Registered Users Posts: 34,693 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is the hardest question in the world and I just can't answer it.

The best I can do is pick some games from each genre that I love. Trying to pick which one would make me jump out of a window in frustration.

Plus this is just out of my head. If I went in and started looking through games it would be even longer :(

1.RPG -
    1.Chrono Trigger (snes) /Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)/ Fallout 2 (PC) /FF VII(PS1)(**** off retr0!)

2.Platformer-
    Sonic the Hedgehog (Megadrive)/Super Mario Bros 3 (Nes)/Tomb Raider (PS1)

3. FPS-
    Half Life Deathmatch pre STEAM (PC)/DOOM 2(PC)

4. Shooter -
    Metal Slug(NeoGeo)/Gunstar Heroes(MD)/Probotector(MD)/Megaman 2(NES)/MERCS (MD)

5.Action platformers-
    Castlevania SOTN (PS1)/Super Metroid (Snes)/The Revenge of Shinobi (MD)

6.Space shooters-
    MUSHA (MD) /Blazing Star (NeoGeo)/soukyugurentai(Saturn)/Gradius V(PS2)

7.Side scrolling beat em ups-
    Streets of rage 2(MD)/Aliens Versus Predator (cps2)/Rushing Beat(Snes)/Super Double Dragon (Snes)/Sengoku 3 (NeoGeo)

8. Adventure RPG -
    Zelda: A link to the Past (Snes)

9. Fighting games -
    The Last Blade (NeoGeo)/Mark of the Wolves(NeoGeo)

10.Puzzle-
    Tetris (GB)/Puzzle Bobble (NeoGeo)

Yeah, I suck..I know :( I'll whittle it down one of these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Gonna overlook some ones which I'll have forgotten about, could end up changing this a million times! But from my playing anyway, the top 10 games of my life... And in no particular order (Yes, I know there's an RPG bias!)

FF7
    Shadow Hearts
    Disgaea
    Golden Sun
    Super Mario World
    Killer Instinct
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Advance Wars 2
    Metal Gear Solid
    Age of Empires 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I did a top 100 ages ago. My list is subject to change but off the top of my head:

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga
    2. Super Metroid
    3. Suikoden 2
    4. Super Mario World
    5. System Shock 2
    6. Zelda: Link to the PAst
    7. Gunstar Heroes
    8. Radiant Silvergun
    9. Bubble Bobble
    10. Resident Evil 4

As for your list, I've plenty of problems with it:

Goldeneye has aged dreadfully. It was a very influential game but it's terrible now.
    Resident Evil 1, I prefer the Gamecube remake and while I love the game, it's not top 10 material for me.
    Tomb Raider 2 is a terrible games. TR1 is still the only good game in the old franchise and I feel Tomb Raider Anniversary improved on that greatly.
    Mario Kart 64 I feel is by far the worst in the series. I'd take Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii and Double Dash over it anyday.
    Fifa 95, meh football games and ISS Deluxe and sensi were always way better
    Gears of War 2. Decent game but getting no where near my top 100.

hmmm, i dont know how you can say goldeneye is terrible now, considering you have Panzer Dragoon Saga as the best game ever! i feel tr 2 was the best of the series imho and there is no way mario kart 64 is the worst of the series. i can see your point on fifa 95, iss games were probably better playability wise but i just liked fifa 95 as i played it for endless hours and the customisation was excellent in it. and i was in two minds as to put gears 2 in my list but any gamer who doesnt have it in their top 100, well...

• Advertisement

Gonna overlook some ones which I'll have forgotten about, could end up changing this a million times! But from my playing anyway, the top 10 games of my life... And in no particular order (Yes, I know there's an RPG bias!)

FF7
    Shadow Hearts
    Disgaea
    Golden Sun
    Super Mario World
    Killer Instinct
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Advance Wars 2
    Metal Gear Solid
    Age of Empires 2

not a bad list at all. killer instinct was unbelievable at the time, still is actually. and ff7 has to be there really!

Augmerson wrote: »
    10. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    9. Castlevania
    8. Advance Wars DS
    7. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    6. Streets of Rage 2
    5. Resident Evil 2
    4. Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    3. Dungeon Keeper
    2. Civilisation II
    1. Half-Life

great list, nearly all these games would be in my top 100 apart from advance wars(which i havent played) and dungeon keeper

Master of the Universe

hmmm, i dont know how you can say goldeneye is terrible now, considering you have Panzer Dragoon Saga as the best game ever! .

Sense - this sentence makes none :p

Have you played PDS? I only had the pleasure of playing through it recently. Absolutely brilliant. I've been listening to the soundtrack in work daily ever since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My current top 10 games ever are the following, in no particular order

Descent (PS)
    Wipeout 2097 (PS)
    Halo 2 (Xbox)
    Pilot Wings 64 (N64)
    Stunt Car Racer (Speccy 128k)
    The Need For Speed (3DO)
    Asteroids (Arcade)
    Pacman (Arcade and every format under the sun, bar the 2600!)
    Robotron (Arcade and XBLA)
    FEAR 2 (Xbox360, better than the Halo series in single player)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

hmmm, i dont know how you can say goldeneye is terrible now, considering you have Panzer Dragoon Saga as the best game ever! i feel tr 2 was the best of the series imho and there is no way mario kart 64 is the worst of the series. i can see your point on fifa 95, iss games were probably better playability wise but i just liked fifa 95 as i played it for endless hours and the customisation was excellent in it. and i was in two minds as to put gears 2 in my list but any gamer who doesnt have it in their top 100, well...

Erm, Goldeneye has dated, Mariokart 64 is the worst of the series, the Tomb Raider series peaked in the Cistern level in the 1st game, Gears of War 2 was fun but no where near a top 10, perhaps not even top 100

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sense - this sentence makes none :p

Have you played PDS? I only had the pleasure of playing through it recently. Absolutely brilliant. I've been listening to the soundtrack in work daily ever since.

yes i played it years ago, dont get me wrong, im not saying its a bad game, but to say goldeneye is terrible is nonsense

Master of the Universe

Okay **** it, I'm going to do the unthinkable.

Lets get snipping.

My top 10 are (in no order)-

1. Chrono Trigger (snes)
    2. Sonic the Hedgehog (MD)
    3. Half Life Deathmatch pre STEAM (PC)
    4. Metal Slug(NeoGeo)
    5. Castlevania: SOTN (PS1)
    6. MUSHA (MD)
    7. Streets of rage 2(MD)
    8. Zelda: A link to the Past (Snes)
    9. The Last Blade (NeoGeo)
    10.Puzzle Bobble (NeoGeo)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hmmm..it's a toughie :) in no particular order

Choplifter (arcade)
    Street Fighter 2 (arcade)
    Killer Instinct (arcade)
    Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
    Deus Ex (PC)
    Half Life (PC)
    Half Life 2 (PC)
    F22 Total Air War (PC)
    Far Cry (PC)
    Halo (Xbox)

Honourable mention to Gears of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Right ill give this a go
    • Metal gear solid
    • Tomb raider
    • Goldeneye 64
    • Revenge of shinobi
    • streets of rage
    • Oblivion IV
    • Resident evil 1
    • Gta Vice city
    • Half life 2
    • Rome Total war
    • Command and conquer Red alert
    I know thats eleven but i couldnt bear to leave out c&c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

In no order, and off the top of the head:

1 - Wizball (C64)
    2 - Boulder Dash (c64)
    3 - Joust (2600)
    4 - Supermariokart (Snes)
    5 - Fable (xBox)
    6 - Crystal Castles (2600)
    7 - Halls of the Things (c64)
    8 - Super Mario World (Snes)
    9 - Sonic 2 (Megadrive)
    10 - Rescue on Fractalus! (c64)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

yes i played it years ago, dont get me wrong, im not saying its a bad game, but to say goldeneye is terrible is nonsense

We are talkn about Panzer Dragoon Saga the extremely rare RPG on the Saturn not Panzer Dragoon which has dated terribly. And yes, Goldeneye is terrible nowadays. The framerate of 5-10 FPS is unbearable, the AI is laughable, and it just doesn't play very well compared to the shooters that are out at the moment. It was good but going back to play it now and it just feels all wrong.

As for FFVII needing to be in a top 10 list, I disagree. I do love the game but it's far from the best RPG ever made. We were all 12 when it came out and it was probably out first RPG. Go back to it now and you will see that the story is a complete mess and the battle system beyond simple. It is a flawed masterpiece but in terms of RPGs there's a hell of a lot that are better than it. Fallout 2, FFVI and FFIX, Chrono Trigger, Panzer Dragoon Saga, System Shock 2, Grandia, Vlakyria Chronicles, FF Tactics just off the top of my head are more deserving of being ranked above it.

We are talkn about Panzer Dragoon Saga the extremely rare RPG on the Saturn not Panzer Dragoon which has dated terribly. And yes, Goldeneye is terrible nowadays. The framerate of 5-10 FPS is unbearable, the AI is laughable, and it just doesn't play very well compared to the shooters that are out at the moment. It was good but going back to play it now and it just feels all wrong.

As for FFVII needing to be in a top 10 list, I disagree. I do love the game but it's far from the best RPG ever made. We were all 12 when it came out and it was probably out first RPG. Go back to it now and you will see that the story is a complete mess and the battle system beyond simple. It is a flawed masterpiece but in terms of RPGs there's a hell of a lot that are better than it. Fallout 2, FFVI and FFIX, Chrono Trigger, Panzer Dragoon Saga, System Shock 2, Grandia, Vlakyria Chronicles, FF Tactics just off the top of my head are more deserving of being ranked above it.

hmmm, vlakria chronicles, ff tactics?? and of course goldeneye is going to look bad compared to todays fps, tell me one game that was made in the 80's or 90's that looks better than todays games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

1. Defender (arcade)
    2. Call of Duty (pc)
    3. Gorf (arcade)
    4. Tiger heli (arcade)
    5. 1942 (arcade)
    6. Tomb Raider (ps)
    7. Robotron (arcade)
    8. F-18 Interceptor (amiga)
    9. Flashback (md)
    10. Medal of Honor (pc)

loads of others rolling about in my head but I'd be happy enough with these on a desert island...

Master of the Universe

tell me one game that was made in the 80's or 90's that looks better than todays games?

The Metal Slug Series, Chrono Trigger and pretty much all of the top 90s 2d sprite games. They are the pinnacle of 2d gaming and are timeless.

Unlike most 3d games with inevitably get dated when more advanced hardware comes out.

It really all depends what you decide as 'better'. More realistic does not necessarily mean better.

The Metal Slug Series, Chrono Trigger and pretty much all of the top 90s 2d sprite games. They are the pinnacle of 2d gaming and are timeless.

Unlike most 3d games with inevitably get dated when more advanced hardware comes out.

It really all depends what you decide as 'better'. More realistic does not necessarily mean better.

i agree that 3d games date out dated quicker, but are you seriously telling me that metal slug or chrono trigger looks better and more realistic than say bad company 2, cod or gears?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

As I said, visually 'better' does not equal more realistic. If you think that you're looking at it the wrong way completely.

It's all about the art direction and style of the game, how it's used, how it stands up over time. Metal Slug sprite artwork is absolutely beautiful. Just look at it frame by frame. The amount in each animation is mind blowing.

Is The Fast and The Furious a better work of art than a painting by one of the impressionist masters because the image moves and therefore is more realistic? No, of course not. The same can be said for games.

As I said, visually 'better' does not equal more realistic. If you think that you're looking at it the wrong way completely.

It's all about the art direction and style of the game, how it's used, how it stands up over time. Metal Slug sprite artwork is absolutely beautiful. Just look at it frame by frame. The amount in each animation is mind blowing.

Is The Fast and The Furious a better work of art than a painting by one of the impressionist masters because the image moves and therefore is more realistic? No, of course not. The same can be said for games.

i understand that, but if i recall correctly retrogamer said that goldeneye looks terrible compared to todays shooters. i merely have goldenye in my top 10 because it was revolutionary in the fps genre and set the benchmark at the time. plus it had one of the best multiplayers ever. just because a game looks outdated does not mean it is not a classic. its like saying pele is a terrible soccer player because he has aged

Master of the Universe

You're pretty much saying the same thing I am actually :)

I think the issue with Goldeneye is the elements which have dated seriously effect gameplay (From what I've heard anyway) . Like low FPS. Low FPS in a game makes it very awkward to play and when you're used to playing new games of today, it makes it almost impossible to play.

I haven't played it myself in years and years though, so can't really comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I'll try to separate the games that I've had great experiences with and the great games, and make my top ten from the rare games that managed both. Self-explanatory, because I'm too tired to articulate my reasons for all the games.

1. Elder Scrolls III + Elder Scrolls IV

2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

4. Half-Life 2

5. Halo: Combat Evolved + Halo 2

6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

7. Super Mario Galaxy + 64 + World

8. Final Fantasy XII

9. Perfect Dark

10. Metroid Prime

Great Games:
    + Fallout 3
    + Metal Gear Solid 1 + 2 + 4
    + Half-Life 1
    + Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask + Twilight Princess
    + Hitman 2
    + Devil May Cry

Great Experiences:
    + Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - an utter joy sailing the seas

+ Grand Theft Auto III - changed everything

+ Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - wonderful snapshot of the 80s

+ Final Fantasy X - beautiful world and music

+ Silent Hill 2 - pathetic world and music

+ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I + II - surprisingly near unplayable but great narratives

+ Pro Evolution Soccer 6 + 2008 - competitive scene was alive

+ Mario Kart Wii - nurtures and destroys family relationships

+ New Super Mario Bros. Wii - I guess Nintendo succeeded when my sister started referring to power-ups as "little bits" as if she were shopping.

+ Hitman: Blood Money - the original levels were memorable, especially Beldingford Manor.

i understand that, but if i recall correctly retrogamer said that goldeneye looks terrible compared to todays shooters. i merely have goldenye in my top 10 because it was revolutionary in the fps genre and set the benchmark at the time. plus it had one of the best multiplayers ever. just because a game looks outdated does not mean it is not a classic. its like saying pele is a terrible soccer player because he has aged

I never said that I didn't rate Goldeneye because it looks crap. I'd never mark a game down because it's visuals are dated. Goldeneye looks like crap but there that's due to the hardware it's on. My problem with the game is that nowadays it plays like crap. Compared to Half-Life and games after it it's really very poor in gameplay terms. It's also got a truly terrible framerate which makes the game play poorly. One of my favourite FPS games ever in Doom 2. It looks terrible now but it plays so well and runs smoothly at a framerate of 60FPS or more. People also say the multiplayer is great in Goldeneye. At the time it was the only FPS on the consoles you could play multiplayer in and would have seemed amazing to someone that never had a PC. 2 years before Goldeneye I was playing lan games of Duke Nukem 3D and Quake as well as playing them online.

Just like O1s1n I'd say that the visuals in Chrono Trigger and Metal Slug are still absolutely amazing and are far better than the pseudo realism of games like Gears of War or Call of Duty. CoD and GoW are going to look terrible in a few years time while games with good art like Metal Slug, Chrono and Okami will always look as amazing as the day they came out. Hell, Robotron 2087 still looks stunning! And yes Chrono Trigger and Metal Slug are far better looking games than CoD, Bad Company 2 and GoW 2 and not just artistically. What's the point of making things more realistic when videogames let you create amazing imaginative worlds with stunning art.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'll probably edit this list tomorrow after some thought, but here goes nothing. These are in no particular order and aren't necessarily the best games I've ever played, but are the ones that have left the biggest mark in my mind:

Perfect Dark (will throw Goldeneye in with it)
    Chrono Trigger
    Metroid Fusion
    Final Fantasy VII
    Mega Man 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Mario 64
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Tetris
    Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament

ok that's eleven/twelve, but can't remove any of them. None are very original I admit, and I've surprised myself by not having any Dreamcast games on it, but there you go.

EDIT: damn it forgot Pokemon, and Portal!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

In no particular order:
    1. Chrono trigger (snes)
    2. Okami (wii)
    3. Super Mario Galaxy (wii)
    4. A link to the past (snes)
    5. Persona 3 (ps2)
    6. Dragon quest v (ds)
    7. Streets of rage 2 (MD)
    8. Tales of Symphonia (gc)
    9. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (gc)
    10.Pokemon Gold (gbc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Like everyone else, I'll cheat a bit and list far more than ten. And also like everyone else, my list is obviously utterly subjective and enlightened and ignorant in equal measure!

I'm working from my first console to the present day and by the general rule of choosing my favourite game in a particular series in that generation - I loved Metal Gear Solid 3 and Burnout 3 for example, just not as much as others in those respective series that generation.

Nintendo Entertainment System.
    /B] Super Mario Bros. 3 [B

Game Boy.
    [ Pokémon Silver ]

Super NES.
    [ Super Punch-Out!! ]
    /B] Super Metroid [B
    /B] Yoshi's Island [B
    /B] Super Mario World [B
    /B] Super Mario Kart [B

PlayStation.
    [ Metal Gear Solid ]
    /B] Final Fantasy VIII [B
    /B] Ape Escape [B

PlayStation 2.
    [ SSX 3 ]
    /B] Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [B
    [ Metal Gear Solid 2 ]
    [ Final Fantasy X ]
    [
    Max Payne ]

[ Hitman Contracts ]

Game Boy Advance.
    [ Golden Sun ]
    /B] Advance Wars [B

GameCube.
    /B] Metroid Prime [B

Xbox.
    [ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ]
    /B] Burnout Revenge [B
    [ Fahrenheit ]
    [ Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory ]

Personal Computer.
    [ Rome: Total War ]
    /B] Sid Meier's Civilization IV [B
    /B] Team Fortress 2 [B
    [ Half-Life 2 ]
    [ Company of Heroes ]
    [ Plants vs. Zombies ]

Nintendo DS.
    /B] Chrono Trigger [B
    /B] Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow [B

Xbox 360.
    /B] Call of Duty 2 [B
    /B] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [B
    [ Gears of War ]
    /B] BioShock [B
    /B] Mass Effect [B
    /B] Mirror's Edge [B

PlayStation 3.
    /B] Grand Theft Auto IV [B
    /B] Heavy Rain [B

Phew. And I'll even throw in a prediction - Red Dead Redemption will be on my list in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

1 Monkey Island 1-3
    2 Full Throttle
    3 Super Mario World
    4 Street Fighter 2
    5 Digger(Dos)
    6 Kameo
    7 Super Ghouls and Ghosts
    8 Balder's Gate 1+2
    9 Sam and Max hit the road
    10 Abes Oddysee

Im sure im leaving some out, not in any order as well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I never said that I didn't rate Goldeneye because it looks crap. I'd never mark a game down because it's visuals are dated. Goldeneye looks like crap but there that's due to the hardware it's on. My problem with the game is that nowadays it plays like crap. Compared to Half-Life and games after it it's really very poor in gameplay terms. It's also got a truly terrible framerate which makes the game play poorly. One of my favourite FPS games ever in Doom 2. It looks terrible now but it plays so well and runs smoothly at a framerate of 60FPS or more. People also say the multiplayer is great in Goldeneye. At the time it was the only FPS on the consoles you could play multiplayer in and would have seemed amazing to someone that never had a PC. 2 years before Goldeneye I was playing lan games of Duke Nukem 3D and Quake as well as playing them online.

Retro - this game is 13 years old. It looks like crap today, but it didnt 13 years ago. Back then it sold over 8 million copies, and probably contributed to what came next in terms of FPS games. Of course nowadays it plays like crap, but is that the fault of a 13 year old game running on an even older system? Or maybe because we have games today which were unimaginable back then?

Yeah Doom 2 looks crap today also, but when you say your running it @ 60fps, are you running it on a modern pc? Or a 16 year old pc which was around when Doom 2 was released? 2mb ram, 16mhz processor, 30MB hdd? I think you will find there is a difference. Run Goldeneye via an emulator with all the super duper direct x plugins that are available today and tell me it doesnt look better than it would running on an N64...

By your own admission, it was the first mutiplayer fps on a console. That is what you should be remembering it for, not that its experience was lacking compared to Duke/Quake on a pc. I dont know about anyone else here, but when the N64 was around and Goldeneye in its prime, I could only dream of owning a pc...but I could never afford one back then. So Goldeneye stepped up to the masses, and provided vintage 2 player fun for hour upon hour.

I wont remember Goldeneye for its graphics, its music, its storyline etc...but I will remember it for doing what a videogame is supposed to do...it entertained, it was fun, and it was a classic. It looks crap today, probably plays crap - but it didnt 13 years ago...thats how it should be judged. Retro gaming isnt always about how you feel playing those games today, for me a lot of it is about how it made you feel when you played those games years & years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement