Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface down!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

After the last outage, I rang support and said specifically that I wanted a divert set up on the account should there be any future outages. The girl said that all customers would be getting a call and I could organise it at this stage. I never got the call!!!!

I think I will have to go back to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

Blueface are an absolute and utter shambles to deal with. Our phones are down yet again this morning. Rang a prospective client yesterday and they went elsewhere because our phone number 'wouldn't work' This is probably costing all of us business I'm afraid..

All we ever seem to get is these 'it's not my fault' or 'its not my job' type of responses from Blueface - They need to take some responsibility and sort out these problems or they'll be out of business soon. I think this is the final straw for us anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

They seemed to have declared victory on this issue on there status page.

It does seem to be working again for us ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

They seemed to have declared victory on this issue on there status page.

It does seem to be working again for us ok.

Still not working for us (although one lone call did make it through).

The status page has been updated to say:
    There may be some intermittent issues for the next hours for some customers.

Half assed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Still not working for us (although one lone call did make it through).

The status page has been updated to say:

Half assed.

Back down again for us :/

Their status page is a joke, they didn't have that line that you quoted in it 5 mins ago

I work for a company that provides IP pbxs, and I emailed all our customers saying problem resolved, as blueface had claimed it was!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gebby

Hey,

Its seems this guys www.telifinity.ie dont have a phone number and that you have to email them.
    You said that the service has been fault free for six months that pretty good in comparison to Blueface. Have you a number I can use to contact Telifinity?

What are their prices like?

Back down again for us :/

OK we are back up again for inbound and outbound calls. Let's hope it sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prof_frink_2000

Digiweb provide SIP trunks i'm going to get one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

Not sure if it's part of the same problem, but I've been unable to reach my Blueface supplied 076 number from my O2 mobile for the past few days. Outgoing calls working fine though, even today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Digiweb provide SIP trunks i'm going to get one today.

Smart are providing SIP trunks too (but maybe only for people with Smart fibre connections?). Smart can also present a PRI over their fibre connections which might be useful for people looking for an alternative to Eircom PRI's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

BrianjG wrote: »
    That list hasn't been updated since 2007. Some have gone out of business and others don't port geographical numbers or don't operate from ireland.

http://www.freespeech.ie/home/index.html ??

Anybody know what their service is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Merjock wrote: »

I find them great. I have a Linksys SPA 941, pair of Siemens S685ip, and a pair of HTC Desires running Fring..all happily working on www.freespeech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Looks like they offer SIP only, no IAX2.
    Merjock wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

anyone else having problems? website seems to have stopped responding/going very slow as well. This is just a joke at this stage!

Any one with any experience of freespeech.ie? Seems like one of the only alternatives.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

squishey wrote: »
    anyone else having problems? website seems to have stopped responding/going very slow as well. This is just a joke at this stage!

Any one with any experience of freespeech.ie? Seems like one of the only alternatives.

Down for me too, Try Contact Number: 01 5065565 and they will keep you updated

Down again for me. Can't dial out, can't reach them on my mobile

Aggggghhhh.

Seems to be back for me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Wow - I'm glad I found this thread!

I'm talking with blueface about moving over to them, and I'm certainly going to ask them if they have put any contingency failover systems in place to deal with these outages.

It's fairly reasonable to expect them to have multiple independent systems that will maintain a service even if they have a serious fire at one location - I get the impression from this thread that they haven't built their system like that.

Does anyone know if they have improved their infrastructure or service lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I've had no problems since ...

Advertisement