Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface down!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry to drag up an old thread but it seems to be fully down, no website, can't make or recieve calls on any of our phones, anyone know what's going on or how to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 creditcontrol

Blueface down again for over an hour. Also their website is down and their support lines down.

Last time this happened I emailed them and they assured me they were revising their support to cater for instances like this. They obviously havent done so.

This service is business critical for me. I cant afford to stay with a provider who does not have adequate contingency plans and who I cant contact when things go wrong.

Poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 salesjobs.ie

Dear Customer,

We are experiencing intermittent service on incoming and outgoing calls, which has impacted a number of our customers. We apologise unreservedly for this inconvenience. A team of engineers are addressing the issue in an urgent manner and we aim to restore services shortly.

Apologies for the interuption in your service

Regards,

Alan Haverty

Blueface Commerical Team.

There support number is working, they've no real info there just taking email addresses and will give an update in a while, not much point calling them I think we just got to wait it out... This is the number I got them on 0818 259 501.

They said some customers were having problems in certain areas but I'd say it's nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

Twice in four months. I transferred all my incoming and outgoing calls to Blueface 5 months ago and I'm not best pleased about this. Surely there should be redundancy built into their systems. For the 2-3 days I've noticed call quality dropping - Is this related? Maybe I need to reconsider my service provider!

• Advertisement

Thanks for update Drunkmonkey. Looks like a repeat of last outage. If their website is down I'd bet their whole service is out. The support number they sent me certainly dont work. Where did you find that support number?

0818 number isn't working for me

I got thru on that a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Would it have killed them to email their customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 garrettr

[None of those support numbers listed above connect for me...]

Blueface has dropped of the face of the earth again with no incoming or outgoing calls, their website gone, and all of their support numbers offline... Anyone else?

G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Red faces all-round I guess.

If anyone knows a good alternative supplier I'd be interested in moving. I cant afford for this to happen every couple of months. They should have learned from the problems last time.

Someone mentioned the merrion exchange is gone down and it's not just blueface effected. Imagine is down as well I think.

I'm not leaving, the eircom option would cost me thousands, just hope they get it sorted quickly and buy some co location services when there back up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prof_frink_2000

Sip registrations are timing out, looks like a network issue for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

I was trying to sign up today! might have to reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 natlu2809

Would be good to temporarily redirect the DNS record to a page with a message rather than a blank timeout, even if the outage isnt anything to do with blueface themselves. No news is not good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

still down.. business customer here also.. grrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

natlu2809 wrote: »
    Would be good to temporarily redirect the DNS record to a page with a message rather than a blank timeout, even if the outage isnt anything to do with blueface themselves. No news is not good news.
    Agreed. Doesn't look good. Even their listed office number 01-436.1700 isn't working. Though I'm sure if they were gone out of business, we'd have heard some rumours at least. Have to say, it's the first time I've ever really had problems with their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blueface Support

We are experiencing a problem on our Network and we apologise unreservedly to our customers impacted. We are making our best effort to keep customers informed via sms, emails and calls from our Support Centre.

If you have not received a communication and want to stay updated you can pm me your contact details and I will keep you posted. Again we apologise unreservedly and are working to resolve this issue as as soon as possible.

Thank You,

Blueface Support

Seeing as my business has effectively stopped dead for most of the afternoon & is costing me money, perhaps they might consider offering a weeks free credit to their clients?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

We are experiencing a problem on our Network and we apologise unreservedly to our customers impacted. We are making our best effort to keep customers informed via sms, emails and calls from our Support Centre.

If you have not received a communication and want to stay updated you can pm me your contact details and I will keep you posted. Again we apologise unreservedly and are working to resolve this issue as as soon as possible.

Thank You,

Blueface Support

Hi

Sent you a PM..

Regards
    Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

I can still ping sip.blueface.ie, my ATA can't register though.

Blueface Support - you never have problems sending me emails regarding promotions or taking payments.

Why cant you use the same system to keep your customers updated?!!!!!?

If you put 10% of the effort into customer services as you put into sales then you'd have much happier customers. As I said above, this is the second time in two months. The last time this happened I received an email promising me that you would be reviewing your support and contingency procedures. This was obviously not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

Blueface support: Can you divert the phones to an alternate number when this happens? At least that way my customers would think I'm still in business!!

Time for Blueface to dust off their business continuity plan, chuck it in the bin, and start designing a proper fault tolerant infrastructure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blueface Support

Customer Update #3:

Dear Customer

You may still be experiencing some problems with your calls and this is also effecting our website & emails. This is our 3rd update and we are making every effort to keep customers informed via sms, emails and calls to & from our Support Centre. We apologise unreservedly for this inconvenience. A team of engineers are continuing to work on a solution. We are doing our very best to resolve this as quickly as possible but have no fix time at present.

Again thank you for your continued patience and co-operation.

The Blueface Team

we are making every effort to keep customers informed via sms, emails and calls to & from our Support Centre

I've received no emails or SMS...

mickbyrne wrote: »
    Blueface support: Can you divert the phones to an alternate number when this happens? At least that way my customers would think I'm still in business!!

Absolutely! I am paying my staff this afternoon to call our customers via Skype to let them know we're still in business.

Simple stuff which you wouldnt expect a serious service provider to overlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Neither have I. Bad form indeed. +1 for Boards though for info :P as Blueface's website is down.
    On the upside, I've been with BF for years and this is the first time I noticed an outage. They should have sent a global email to all of their customers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

.......This is our 3rd update and we are making every effort to keep customers informed via sms, emails and calls to & from our Support Centre.

Who exactly are you contacting? I don't know anyone who's received any update. You've got my e-mail address so how about an update?

BTW saying that I may be experiencing problems, that you're working on it and that you don't know when it will be fixed - that's not an update!

Advertisement