Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface down!

Options
  • 25-05-2010 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

As of 8:22 this morning sip.blueface.ie :mad:stopped responding. It appears the blueface nameservers have stopped responding and the entire blueface.ie domain has fallen off the 'net. Ringing blueface on their "urgent" technical support line 0818 259 501 just yields a number not in service tone. Looks like a total outage across the board.

Anyone got any idea what's going on ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Guillaume77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 daflip2000

Can't access that URL, it won't resolve for me. Is there any indication when this will be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

having the same problem here - can't ring into them or resolve any of the domains to check what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 creditcontrol

I use Blueface too - whole system is down. Anyone managed to contact them in any way? Any idea if they've gone out of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 salesjobs.ie

we are down also but worse, we cant even redirect to a mobile for customers to get through,

They seem to have no back up plan, ie automatically email customers with regular updates of whats wrong and when it might be fixed?? notice on their site, off site disaster recovery plan?

• Advertisement

One of our main firewall was down. Our DNS servers are behind so some may have problems reaching us for a short while.

We've made some progress and things should be up at any time now.

Their website is back up now

I don't think they're gone out of business. I imagine what GuillaumeBF posted is correct since it seems by their previous posts they actually work for blueface.

Their support and sales numbers are down and all their websites are inaccessible from the public internet.

For a company who hosts such a critical "business service" like this it's shocking that they don't have any failover in place. If this is a "firewall problem" and the firewall is malfunctioning, then why don't they have a hot spare that they can swap in to place? If it's a case of bad firewall rules, then why didn't they test the rules first? And why is everything blueface related sitting behind this firewall?

Not acceptable.

I agree. GuillaumeBF I suggest you feedback to your company. I'll now be looking at other providers who do have contingency plans and treat their customers with more respect.

Communication from Blueface is non-existent. If there is a fault you should inform your customers. It's not too difficult to send out an email to the customer base is it? Also I cant believe you dont have a contingency on your own lines. If there's a problem with Blueface your own support line goes dead! This is seriously poor service.

100% agree. on their forum, they say its affecting customers in "certian areas" -why not be honest - do they really take their customers to be morons - if I cant get thru to any of their landlines in uk or ireland or out of hours numbers etc, thats a very large "certian area"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I still can.t get the website either.

Nameservers for [url]www.blueface.ie:[/url]

* ns2.blueface.ie returned (SERVFAIL)
    * ns1.blueface.ie returned (SERVFAIL)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 williambrosnan

Having the same problem, this is really inconvenient, have Blueface released any official statement on the problem?

It's been 2 hours now and there's still no sign of a fix any time soon.

There had better be an official response from Blueface explaining what exactly happened and what they've done to ensure this will NEVER happen again.:mad::mad:

Mine are back up. I think I could have forgiven this incident if Blueface had sent an email to their customers or communcated with us in some way. They didn't. I think this proves they do not have any procedures in place for dealing with incidents like this. If they dont come back with the right answers I'll be looking for a new supplier.

back up and running in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

If they dont come back with the right answers I'll be looking for a new supplier.

Good luck finding another Irish supplier - there's not a great choice out there ;(

Hate to think of having to go back to Eircom but its a distinct possability if this happens again in the enxt few months - I wont have a choice.

ps, still cant get calls in but can make calls out.

Blueface extension number to extension number are working, but is anyone else having a problem ringing into to a geographic number? I'm getting a network busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

blueface extensions working as well for me. still can't make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls though. haven't had any direct communication from blueface and the only updates I can get is through boards! simply not good enough.

can't believe they don't have any contingencies for this sort of situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭dubsaab

I am in South Dublin and cannot make or receive calls on a geographic number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

I'm in north dublin and can't receive any calls. Its a disgrace how long its takin them to fix this. Its out of action for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djmetric

Still down here in Dublin City Centre.
    When you port your number to Blueface there is nothing you can do when something like this happens.
    Their service went down for almost 24 hours in August last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Still down here can make outbound calls but nothing comming in. No updates on their website whoever is on the online chat is saying everything is fine and only some customers where affected :mad: anyone looking for an alternative PM me I've found a crowd based in Naas and they are being very helpful I think they only look after businesses though. And Blueface get the finger out I understand things go wrong but not keeping your customers informed is BS...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Mine has just started working again.

Same here, still haven't heard anything from Blueface in regards to the problem but at least it seems to be working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Yeah backup here now too. I'm going to give this other crowd a try though they quite competitive.:)

" sip registration failed" again.

ok so i forgot to put everything back the way it was.:p

Hello All,

Please see an update from our management team: http://forums.blueface.ie/showthread.php?t=1947

Make sure outages like this are a disaster for us and we're taking measures to avoid them at all cost. We also took note of your various comments to improve the communications around events like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 djmetric

Hello All,

Please see an update from our management team: http://forums.blueface.ie/showthread.php?t=1947

Make sure outages like this are a disaster for us and we're taking measures to avoid them at all cost. We also took note of your various comments to improve the communications around events like this.

A good idea would be for you to have a support telephone number that doesn't go down when you have server trouble.

Advertisement