Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface down!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djmetric

Customer Update #3:

Dear Customer

You may still be experiencing some problems with your calls and this is also effecting our website & emails. This is our 3rd update and we are making every effort to keep customers informed via sms, emails and calls to & from our Support Centre. We apologise unreservedly for this inconvenience. A team of engineers are continuing to work on a solution. We are doing our very best to resolve this as quickly as possible but have no fix time at present.

Again thank you for your continued patience and co-operation.

The Blueface Team

I haven't received an email or SMS.
    And that is your SECOND update. If you're going to number them then get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Back working now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

I rang earlier and got through, following this I got an email from them with standard stuff.

morgana wrote: »
    Back working now.

Website is back, but I still cant call.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Same here, have a line but can't make calls, looks like I can call extensions only.

The chat for support is working they said to me "we hope to have them resolved today but I don't have an exact time" lets hope it's today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 natlu2809

- external calls are "engaged"
    - nothing showing up in call log
    - heres the service announcment, at 5.02pm on forums.blueface.ie
    - how many eggs can you fit in one basket ?
    Dear Customer

Today, there was an issues that effected calls, the email & blueface.ie. Service has been restored for many of our customers, however some customers may be experiencing on-going issues. We apologise unreservedly for this inconvenience. Our engineering team are continuing to make repairs to re-establish service for all our customers. They will be working continuously on repairs overnight that may affect service for some customers during that time.

Again, thank you for your patience and co-operation.

The Blueface Team

• Registered Users Posts: 27 brathnach

Having read a few of the above posts and having a business in a rural enough area, I have to say that even with todays outage blueface's service and customer service for me is far far better than eircom's ever was. Been with them a year at this stage and after getting the system fine tuned, Ive never had an outage (excl. broadband outage) from blueface until today. Yep I lost a few calls and they dont show up on the history logs but then again I never even had a history log as an eircom customer! Hope they can sort out some viable redundancy services for themselves though because their reliability and customer service are what impresses me most with them and I dont like the look of the pack I'd have to choose from if I ever had to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭marcel353

Service is down again since ~08H45 for me and so seems to be their website. Am I the only one?

No, I'm down again also. I need my number diverted at the very least.

I hope the problem is technical and not financial.

At least when you lost service with Eircom, everyone in your area was out, and people were aware of it. With this blueface outage, I'm the only business in the immediate area affected, which other people are finding strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Yeah down here too. I arrived to work this morning to see I'd been notified of yesterdays outage about 4 hours after it had been resolved.:rolleyes: Get the finger out blueface surely now you realise that hosting your own mail and site on your production network isn't the best idea. Bite the bullet and pay Blacknight or someone to host it for you! I've ported a couple of my lines away and the rest will be following now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 salesjobs.ie

This is beyond a joke, someone senior in technical needs a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djmetric

marcel353 wrote: »
    Service is down again since ~08H45 for me and so seems to be their website. Am I the only one?

All seems to be working fine now.

Back now also!! Is this going to keep happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭marcel353

djmetric wrote: »
    All seems to be working fine now.

Same here, working fine now, thanks for the replies

Theres nobody available in customer support, wouldn't you think they could but a better message than 'nobody available' considering the problems they've had.

I've been with with Blueface for two years and to be fair, it is an excellent service - but - I need a redundancy plan if they are to have technical problems. They need to provide a divert option if there system is down. If they cant do this I'll be going back to eircom with my tail between my legs! - Or are there any other decent SIP providers in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

I've moved some lines to these guys they're in Naas www.telifinity.ie and have had no problems so far(6 months) they only deal with businesses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 creditcontrol

mickbyrne wrote: »
    Theres nobody available in customer support, wouldn't you think they could but a better message than 'nobody available' considering the problems they've had.

I've been with with Blueface for two years and to be fair, it is an excellent service - but - I need a redundancy plan if they are to have technical problems. They need to provide a divert option if there system is down. If they cant do this I'll be going back to eircom with my tail between my legs! - Or are there any other decent SIP providers in this country?

Me too. I gave them the benefit of the doubt last time this happened and hoped they would learn from their mistakes. If they don't come back to me explaining their redundancy plan then I'll be forced to move. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Earth Traveller

mickbyrne wrote: »
    Or are there any other decent SIP providers in this country?

Is there a reason why the SIP providers should be in Ireland, or am I missing a point? :confused: It can't be ease of contact, given the problems experienced by BF customers that are reported here.

Last year my business calls (all international) cost less than EUR 100. :p
    It's a one-man business - service providers are in Germany and the U.K. - internet connection costs are separate, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 15 creditcontrol

My business is in the UK and Poland - I chose Blueface on a recommendation. I need 25 lines and they can provide this cost effectively.

Earth Traveller - who are you using in the UK?

I am astounded that Blueface have not followed up this problem with an email to customers letting us know what went wrong and how they are going to change things in future. Customers having to find information on their service on a forum like this is completely unacceptable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Is there a reason why the SIP providers should be in Ireland, or am I missing a point? :confused: It can't be ease of contact, given the problems experienced by BF customers that are reported here.

Last year my business calls (all international) cost less than EUR 100. :p
    It's a one-man business - service providers are in Germany and the U.K. - internet connection costs are separate, of course

Can you port an Irish number to a company based in another country? I know I can get new numbers but not sure about the porting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Earth Traveller

creditcontrol and nava: I use voiptalk.org in the U.K. They provide incoming Dublin numbers (and other Irish area codes). Good prices and good support. In three years I have never had a problem. However, they can only port U.K. numbers.

I now have to start finding a new voip supplier, any suggestions anyone ?/

i really like the crew at blueface but I cant depend on their technical abilities to run my business as they dont seem to have a clue.

another thought was that at some point they need to use eircom - wonder if eircom, when loosing so many customers to voip, might just turn the off switch every now and then to make companies hesitant on switching,

N

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I now have to start finding a new voip supplier, any suggestions anyone ?/

i really like the crew at blueface but I cant depend on their technical abilities to run my business as they dont seem to have a clue.

another thought was that at some point they need to use eircom - wonder if eircom, when loosing so many customers to voip, might just turn the off switch every now and then to make companies hesitant on switching,

N

I'm in the same boat, there are no other irish providers as far as I know. Might just have to go back to eircom at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I have to say I've been totally unimpressed with Blueface so far. Only with them a few months and this is the second major outage.

Bad enough having the outages but I have yet to get a clear explanation of what actually happened with the last outage. No doubt it will be the same in this instance.

I too will be looking for a new provider, these guys obviously do not know what they are doing. After my experience with this mickey mouse crowd I'm reluctant to go with a smaller provider. Does anybody know of an international provider to which I can port my Irish numbers?

BrianjG wrote: »
    there are no other irish providers as far as I know.

No other Irish providers?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=250586

they can port your landline number to a mobile for the moment,

at least clients ringing in can get an answer

this should have been put in place AS A PRIORITY 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

That list hasn't been updated since 2007. Some have gone out of business and others don't port geographical numbers or don't operate from ireland.

BrianjG wrote: »
    That list hasn't been updated since 2007.

Ah ha, you have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭bladespin

I have to say I've been totally unimpressed with Blueface so far. Only with them a few months and this is the second major outage.

Bad enough having the outages but I have yet to get a clear explanation of what actually happened with the last outage. No doubt it will be the same in this instance.

I too will be looking for a new provider, these guys obviously do not know what they are doing. After my experience with this mickey mouse crowd I'm reluctant to go with a smaller provider. Does anybody know of an international provider to which I can port my Irish numbers?

Hav to say I'm edging that way myself, very disappointed, no noticication, and no explanation, it's pretty bad. Been sitting here wondering why the phones were so quiet for the last few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Down again, couldn't get through to blueface this time, did see an email last week that they were upgrading their systems, anybody know when things should be back to normal?

Advertisement