Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry, I thought you said get faster before the 100th Marathon

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Welcome back. I am just one day ahead of you . Lets do our first sub 3 together :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Wednesday evening, managed to drag myself out of the hotel again and back towards Salthill in the high winds. 9:30 pace out into the headwind, 8:30 pace back with the wind behind me

7.1M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Aimmannnnnnnnnnn ...... good to see your log resurrected :D

Aimmannnnnnnnnnn ...... good to see your log resurrected :D
    Easter is always a good time for resurrections :cool:

Early morning recovery run around Galway docks, 4M at a sluggish speed just a tad slower than dial up broadband.

Evening run, couple of laps back home around the hilly Moore Abbey park in the rain. 4M, muddy shoes and a lame excuse to lash out on a Chinese takeway.

I gave up the drink for Lent and haven't missed it once. What's the bets that I'll end up going Cold Turkey tomorrow, just because I'll know I cant buy one. :eek:

80 minute cycle loop out to Vicarstown. Was easier on the legs after the last few days.

What better way to round off Good Friday's hot cross training than with a couple of hot cross buns. Tasty!

• Advertisement

Easter - Did an instensive weekend of chocoloading.

Tuesday 7th - 4M lunchtime run that wouldn't have even burnt the calories off the wrapper of a fun sized marsbar.

Wednesday 8th - Early Morning cycle for half an hour

Thursday & Friday - Pre Marathon lounging and tapering (it sounded like a valid excuse at the time :rolleyes:)

Saturday 11th 2.3M hilly run around AbbeyMoore

Sunday 12th - Marathon 101, around the hills and valleys of Connemara where the weather actualy did change every fifteen minutes until we started running and a heatwave broke out and stayed around.

Monday - Ouch, my f**king legs.
    Tuesday - See Monday
    Recovery rate ain't what it used to be. :(

Wednesday 15th - early morning leg stretcher 2.3M around AbbeyMoore again. PM- early evening cycle around kildare for 50 minutes.

OK, back on track now,

April 16th, Easy loop of MooreAbbey, 2.1M
    April 18th - EOI clontarf marathon. Head was hanging off me with a cold, sore throat, blocked nose, runny eyes and headache. Didnt want to do a no show on the lads so went up and changed to half. After a mile I just wanted to turn around and go home, managed to talk myself to get to the wooden bridge and after that it was just to the beach etc. Finally got out to the turn back point, so had no choice but to cover the same distance on the way back. Time was dreadful but I wasn't fit for speed, more of mental strengthening to keep me from quitting, plus I had a chance to stop and talk to the legends that completed the North Pole marathon and the women's winner of the Vartry 100M, so it was more of a social outing with the odd sneeze and snifle throwing in (or sneezed out as was the case)

April 22rd, Convinced myself that I might just survive the man flu and took all the hospitals and coroners off standby alert. Half hour jaunt on the bike.

23rd 4M around the Model farm road and Straight Road in Cork bouy.

Sunday 26th - 8km leg stretcher closed off with a massive Irish Breakfast with all the trimmings. Might have overdone the Nutrition Replacement Plan a tad

Monday - 4M luchtime run in the bloody pissing rain. At least I missed the hailstones
    Spoke too soon! belted out of it with hailstones during an hour loop of Kildare in the evening on the bike. I had more dents and dimples in me than a golf ball chewed by rothweiler.

Tuesday, lovely 10k along the canal after work. Think Im starting to enjoy this running lark again.:D

4.5M in the forest. Nothing special today apart from seeing a young red squirrel, but I'll save that for the red squirrel spotting forum. ;)

30th April - Early 35 mins on bike
    1st May - 3M early run along the Carrigohane Straight in the lashing rain.
    3rd May - 5M forest walk which doesnt really count, but I'm sticking it in anyway
    4th May - another 5M walk, but along the canal this time, still doesnt really count :o
    5th May 4M Lunchtime run without the Garmin cos I forgot it. Highlight of the run was having to stop at a crossroads and tried to pause a watch that wasn't there. Old habits, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Aimman wrote: »
    Highlight of the run was having to stop at a crossroads and tried to pause a watch that wasn't there. Old habits, eh?

Bet you started scratching you wrist then to cover up ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement