Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price fish & chips day 26th May in some Italian chippers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I didn't think the wait was all that long tbh. Yes it took a long wait to make your order but once you had made it you got the food very fast. As long as you were just getting fish and chips it was already cooked because they knew it would be sold as fast as they could cook it. Normally you have to wait around until the food cooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

messrs wrote: »
    the roma in ballyfermot was out of fish by 2pm!!

No it wasn't,
    My mums friends owns (Partially) the Roma, when she was talking to her at 9.30 she said that she was only starting to run out, but thought that she was able to get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

basquille wrote: »
    Thread marked as Expired!
    Until next year! just saw this

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Traditional-Italian-Chippers-Association/321733945058#!/pages/Irish-Traditional-Italian-Chippers-Association/321733945058
    ITICA is proud to promote National Fish & Chips Day which took place on Wednesday 26th May 2010 and is set to become an annual phenomenon reflecting the 125 year old tradition of fish and chips.

I hope their eyes were opened to the potential business they could get if they had regular offers on stuff. People queuing an hour to save a few euro is a bit mad though, the queues etc does show you it was a genuine offer, unlike the takeaway pizza places bogus half price/BOGOF deals/nonoffers.

A lot of the meal deals in chippers are non-offers, some have no discount at all, though the one in sandyford is OK, I think it is 10cent or so more for a fish meal deal, i.e. getting the 500ml coke makes it 10-20cent more. I would like more half portion deals, the roca in sallynoggin used to do "bags", like a batterburger bag or spiceburger bag which was the item and a decent scoop of chips thrown in.

Some pics of queues here

I have been to nearly all the chippers shown!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Heres hoping they learned to order enough stock or sell smoked cod in the dell(guilos in Mulhuddart ran out or did not include it) and cook the food properly, they where to quick from point of order to handing it to me.

Proves if the price is right people will spend money to eat out, now its up to the chippers to keep up the good deals but not @ loss of the quality of the food.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

rubadub wrote: »
    I hope their eyes were opened to the potential business they could get if they had regular offers on stuff. People queuing an hour to save a few euro is a bit mad though, the queues etc does show you it was a genuine offer, unlike the takeaway pizza places bogus half price/BOGOF deals/nonoffers.

A lot of the meal deals in chippers are non-offers, some have no discount at all,

I was thinking the same thing. It really goes to show the difference in sales they could make if they had some proper deals. The meal deals in most are a joke. Usually the price for the meal is only a few cents below the cost of buying the items individually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement