Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price fish & chips day 26th May in some Italian chippers

Options
  • 20-05-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in the chipper near the magic carpet pub
    fishandchipday.jpg

Not sure if all members do it, there is a list here
    http://www.itica.ie/member-list.html

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I saw this the other day, so a good few must be doing it. The new macari clongriffin is advertising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

awgh, hate fish lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Borza in Sligo might be doing it? Best fish and chips in the town by a mile!

That's me dinner sorted next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

only ever eat fish from beshoffs clontarf/howth/mespill rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Totally OT but..

I ate the worst tasting chips in Beshoffs in Rathmines last week. yuk :(

Back to topic .. Thanks OP, I'll look out for that

Edit: I meant Burdocks in Rathmines. Sorry to Beshoffs, I haven't eaten there, my bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

sedohre wrote: »
    Totally OT but..

I ate the worst tasting chips in Beshoffs in Rathmines last week. yuk :(

Back to topic .. Thanks OP, I'll look out for that

Beshoffs is rotten. They fry their food in peanut oil or some crap. Burdocks is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

You beauty! Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like the saucy vinegar bottle on the poster

She's been winking at me in my local chipper for the past month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

now i want chips. bigger size pants here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

sounds good:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

only ever eat fish from beshoffs clontarf/howth/mespill rd.

Good call Wally, but definitely not the only place I'd eat fish. By the way, they have a shop on O'Connell St too, but they're not in this Italian thing so won't be half price

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Beshoffs is rotten. They fry their food in peanut oil or some crap. Burdocks is yer only man

Philie, where are you goin with this one? Burdock's is disgusting. I had a smoked haddock and chips up near Christchurch and by God it was sickening.

The trick is to find yourself a good local chippers, none of these poxy chains. Get a good reliable one and you can't go wrong because the people that work there are the ones who own it so they won't fling rotten chips at you.

Rule of thumb - you should always have to wait while the chips cook. Just walk out the door if they try to give you chips straight away, don't even bother excusing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Looks like it'll be just chips for me, then! And I had chips from Beshoffs in town and thought they were horrible, definitely not a fan!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

nlq2o3.jpg

Oh and I can confirm the Cosy Chipper in Artane is taking part in this anyway...

They've had the poster up for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in P Borza in Sligo earlier..

.. no signs anyways! :(

sorry to go OT again but in Dublin, Beshoff restaurant is not the same company as "beshoff bros" which have several branches around Dublin. They are both owned by members of same extended family but not same members.
    On Burdocks, it used to be great but last 2 times ive eaten there it has been terrible. Tasted more like vegtable oil than fish and chips, poor quality smoked cod and far too much batter.

I read recently that 80% of what is sold as cod in Dublin isn't actually cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it was on the news last week that most of the time it's not cod you're getting

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

AW Macaris Raheny isn't on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Mute

I read recently that 80% of what is sold as cod in Dublin isn't actually cod.

Are you codding? It sounds a bit fishy!

My mate Ray who coincedently plays the Bass told me to drop down to his plaice for a game of poker(hes a bit of a shark). He said his local chipper serves the best fish in Ireland!

His friend Macker elected to pay after winning most of the money on the night. He's a decent sole.

I had a feeling he would get lost so I volunteered to go instead.

When I returned we had a whale of a time eating the meal while regaling about our favourite Frank Sinatra song "Salmon enchanted evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mute wrote: »

My mate Ray who coincedently plays the Bass told me to drop down to his plaice for a game of poker(hes a bit of a shark). He said his local chipper serves the best fish in Ireland!

His friend Macker elected to pay after winning most of the money on the night. He's a decent sole.

When I returned we had a whale of a time eating the meal while regaling about our favourite Frank Sinatra song "Salmon enchanted evening!

Die.

I wish you had lived up to your name before writting that.

On your skates!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

get trout of here

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Just saw burdocks are doing this as well. All shops. :D that's me dinner sorted for wed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The plaice on the corner on Thomas Street too, opposite the church where they killed Robert Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Libero's Take Away - 12 Clonkeen Road - Deansgrange [drool]

Cheers OP.

Edit: Miami & The Ritz in Dun Laoghaire as well, ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd prefer a buurrrrger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Trampas

casio4 wrote: »
    it was on the news last week that most of the time it's not cod you're getting

Remeber hearing that years ago and it is not even just cod. Ray is one of them.

I wonder if portions will be smaller than normal on the day

Advertisement