Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price fish & chips day 26th May in some Italian chippers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Macaris off the Navan Rd. on Ashtown Grove
    €4 for cod and chips

The queue was long but worth it
    The fish was lovely, real cod

Definitely a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Silvios Templeogue was unreal this evening. I think it took me about 40 mins in total to get my order.

Was worth it tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

enjoyed my fish and chips tonight from Marsellas in Churchtown,d14.

3 chips and 2 cod for 9.70

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The amount of chippers I passed today where the queues were out the door and down the road.

This sort of day will probably keep some chippers afloat as they have clearly done some seriously good business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭crushproof

Nowhere in Dun Laoghaire had any fish left at half 9, the Ritz had closed their doors and all. Was craving some fish and chips...hadn't eaten all day so had to settle for just chips!

Chippers must have made a killing today, queues brimming outside the places I passed earlier on today

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »
    Nowhere in Dun Laoghaire had any fish left at half 9, the Ritz had closed their doors and all. Was craving some fish and chips...hadn't eaten all day so had to settle for just chips!

Not exactly Dun Laoghaire but Rocca in Sallynoggin apparently were doing half price fish and chips even though they're not part of the Itaca group. No queues either according to the mammy :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

swingking wrote: »
    Silvios Templeogue was unreal this evening. I think it took me about 40 mins in total to get my order.

Was worth it tho ;)

I was there two. The queue was out in the carpark when I arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tall chapy

Borza got my custom tonight - Fish and chip both good - usually go to John's ay Walkinstown x did not go after last week as the cod fish we got was definitely NOT cod.
    Noticed they did not halve the prices on just-eat.ie. which was a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭royan

In Naas:

Luigi's were out of fish (10:15) and looked like they had been for some time, so they must have been good, right? I was particularly impressed by the huge and undoubtedly expensive one-off printed sign in the windows announcing their HALF PIRCE FISH AND CHIPS.

Capri Grill had a few folks in, mostly looking like they'd rather be anywhere else, but did have fish. Chips nom, fish OK. At least (if you can trust the opinion of cats on this) the moment I got back, our three moved into some kind of containment formation and wouldn't let me pass without a tithe.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 edgars

went to chipper in macroom road coolock at 5.15pm and no fresh cod no smoked cod no ray only only cod portions what a joke at 5.15 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Called up to Borza at the Ashleaf Sc at 10 and they had no fish, walked up to the one on Cromwellsfort Rd and they were just shutting their doors at 10 15. Very odd. Got half price cod and chips in Johns which was doing it although not part of itaca. They should have gotten in more cod really

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got some in Macari's in Clane, wasn't a que at all really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Shelbo

Johner wrote: »

Lucky you - this was a great idea for a promotion - it worked really well but I think they should probably run it over a week in future - I waited for 30 mins this evening in Blackrock to save about €4 - at one stage the queue was out of the shop and round the corner - I won't be doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Shelbo wrote: »
    Lucky you - this was a great idea for a promotion - it worked really well but I think they should probably run it over a week in future - I waited for 30 mins this evening in Blackrock to save about €4 - at one stage the queue was out of the shop and round the corner - I won't be doing that again.
    Good point. To save a few euro you have to queue for half an hour! spread it over a week an ensure fresh and smoked fish available at every outlet. Also weather could have been much hotter today and they wouldnt have had as much business OR was that the plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I feel sorry for some of the people queueing for to still pay nearly a fiver.
    I had fish and chips today too, but I cooked them at home, and they tasted just as good as anything in a chipper, was still cheaper than what most people paid today, and was healthier because it wasnt swimming in grease

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I got some fish and chips from Borza today...the chips were amazing but the fish wasn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

I had fish and chips today too, but I cooked them at home, and they tasted just as good as anything in a chipper, was still cheaper than what most people paid today, and was healthier because it wasnt swimming in grease
    The long queues actually did damage to the Chippers' brand as why a lot of people go there is convienence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

edgars wrote: »
    went to chipper in macroom road coolock at 5.15pm and no fresh cod no smoked cod no ray only only cod portions what a joke at 5.15 pm

the roma in ballyfermot was out of fish by 2pm!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 101topgun

hope they do this next year
    really enjoyed this:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was at Burdocks near Christchurch last night around 9.30pm, and there was a pretty sizable queue. Took about 20 minutes, but was totally worth it. Especially as they called that they only had 10 pieces of fish left just as we got to the counter.

I still feel full :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The amount of chippers I passed today where the queues were out the door and down the road.

This sort of day will probably keep some chippers afloat as they have clearly done some seriously good business today.
    If it's a day that will probably keep some chippers afloat then they are making profit on the half price fish and chips so why not reduce prices to this level all the time and stay more than afloat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

get a grip, homemade doesnt have a patch on chipper bought. healthier? somewhat.

queued for the best part of an hour between ordering and waiting in macaris clongriffin.

2 smoked cod, 2 singles of chips for 8 euro..yes please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I saw a HUGE queue, 15 or so packed inside, then about 20 people strong outside Bernardo's in Shankill driving home yesterday. I reckon that'd be at least a good 45 minute wait.

Seriously, what value to people put on their time/effort? For the sake of €4 like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

consultech wrote: »
    I saw a HUGE queue, 15 or so packed inside, then about 20 people strong outside Bernardo's in Shankill driving home yesterday. I reckon that'd be at least a good 45 minute wait.

Seriously, what value to people put on their time/effort? For the sake of €4 like.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thread marked as Expired!

I didn't bother getting any fish and chips after all..!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

i got mine delivered to the door 2 smoked cod and chips €9.50 and only had to wait twenty minutes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Macaris Celbridge were out of fish last night after 8pm when I went in for my bargain dinner,oh and the half price chips offer was over at 8!...should have dropped in earlier I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

2 cod and 2 chips for 9 euro in Laytown, queue was large enough, waiting about 20mins but well worth it, lovely fish!!! They ran out of cod when I was half way through the queue, but they sent a worker to get some more down the road, came back with about 40 on a tray!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Went to Macaris in Belamyne and the wait was over an hour. So I left. Took a drive to Howth and Caffé Ciara were doing cod and chips and a drink of choice for only a fiver. Not bad at all. Fish wasnt great and didnt get many chips but it was still just about worth €5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Johner wrote: »

lucky you, i was there at 7 and they had ran out of most fish(i was gettinga burger anyway!) and it was jammers, they were estimating 40-60 mins on most orders, this was the small one across from the church.

Advertisement