Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price fish & chips day 26th May in some Italian chippers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bah. None in Clare, one in Limerick. Not exactly sweeping the nation. Have to cook my own I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

there was a sign on burdocks in rathmines last night advertising this also...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭istabrac77

Just had Fresh Cod n Chips out of Embassy Grill Ballsbridge

Delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

leo burdocks near middle abbey street is also participating - fresh cod and chips or smoked fish and chips - €4.75.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

positron wrote: »
    leo burdocks near middle abbey street is also participating - fresh cod and chips or smoked fish and chips - €4.75.

Just had this for my lunch, result

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bornsf

Gio's in Kingswood Tallaght. Have everything Half Price!! It was packed. Just got in before the lunch time crowd. Might go again later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fish and chips. Yes pur-lease. Local chipper in Ashbourne... both of them actually are doing it. San Remo and Macari's.

Ritz in Dun Laoghaire have everything half price

didn't read all of thread so sorry if it's been pointed out already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

good lad, 1 min up the road from me, ill be eatin in clongriffin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Guillos in Mulhuddart village where not selling smoked cod on this deal, when it was on the last time Macari's in Blanch village had smoked cod in the deal.

VERY disappointed and to make it worse they had a poster to say all fish and chip half price on the counter. I know where I’m off to if it’s done again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Trampas

local chip had all cods but ran out at 6pm :eek: lucky i was in before then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

The queue in Borza's in Dalkey is out the door and around the corner. Traffic jam in the village because of it.
    We're getting a pizza instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clickhappy

Macari's Ballymun all sold out....ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

It's the busiest hour now and they should have made provision for the deal by getting extra cod. Otherwise don't advertise it for all day .ie half price cod and chips TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY until stock lasts. Was looking forward to it. Worst thing is they don't tell ya it until AFTER you que for 20 minutes!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

big queues out the door and down street at both chippers in stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Queue to right to the door at the one at the magic carpet around 6, I passed it on my bike since it is usually quiet, so I just kept going. I can only presume liberos in deansgrange had ridiculous queues.

I can never understand the one at the magic carpet, it is always fairly empty when I go, 3-4 people max in there, yet they usually have 3-4 staff there any time I am in, all Asian fellas, 2 would be more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Local chipper failure. balls. i don't usually get fish n chips, but was looking forward to this.
    ah well,
    pizza time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

jpfahy wrote: »
    The queue in Borza's in Dalkey is out the door and around the corner. Traffic jam in the village because of it.
    Same in Macaris Blanch, just turned around and went home again and made a gorgeous spag bol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Got smoked cod & chips in Burdocks, Rathmines for 4-something... Unreal. The portion size from there is hard to even comprehend.. Suprise they didn't cut down for this offer! Twice the size of the portion in alot of places.

Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

It's after causing chaos down there. Queue is back beyond the gallery. Went to tesco instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

not 1 chippy in Trim doing this offer,ffs.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

queue for miles today, dominos win my money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

the 2 macaris and roma in clondalkin village were packed, q out the door, same with Donatellas beside boomers and 9th lock aswell - wasnt joining those Q's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Queues outta the door at The Roxy and Fingal Cafe, so i went and grabbed me a chinese, damn i'm knackered now cos she was real quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

clickhappy wrote: »
    Macari's Ballymun all sold out....ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

It's the busiest hour now and they should have made provision for the deal by getting extra cod. Otherwise don't advertise it for all day .ie half price cod and chips TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY until stock lasts. Was looking forward to it. Worst thing is they don't tell ya it until AFTER you que for 20 minutes!!

macaris on st.pappins was pretty much the same.

queued for an hour got to the counter and the only fish they had was "cod portion".. wouldn't get one again tbh

fyi cod portion and chips was €3.50

was an experience all the same :)

I was in that queue :(

They ran out of fish - except for scampi

Got 2 battered sausages, onion rings, scampi and 2 bags of chips for 7.50.

Was it worth it?

Emmmm, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Drogheda Silvios wasnt on the list but Italian chipper all the same and a small sign outside the door advertising the chips. Not a huge queue about 10 in front of me so not bad. 3 cod and chips and a burger and chips and a sauce 16euro yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

My local chipper looked like a tin of sardines ,lot of dead fish put to rest today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    My local chipper looked like a tin of sardines ,lot of dead fish put to rest today.

and soon to be released back into the sea...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Good marketing on their part - looks like they all made a killing. Got plenty of free advertising for themselves over the last week as well - "National fish and chips day". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

novarock wrote: »
    there was a sign on burdocks in rathmines last night advertising this also...
    karmabass wrote: »
    Got smoked cod & chips in Burdocks, Rathmines for 4-something... Unreal. The portion size from there is hard to even comprehend.. Suprise they didn't cut down for this offer! Twice the size of the portion in alot of places.

Delighted :D

Burdocks in Rathmines Closed Doors altogether now!?

Advertisement