Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landis admits doping, points finger at LA - Please read Mod Warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

leftism wrote: »
    I'd agree 100% with this! Even more than that, it seems like the UCI and race organisers are actually punishing or at least ostracising clean riders. An example of this would be the situation with Carlos Sastre who's team were not given a spot on the TDF's starting roster for this year. Sastre is the only former winner of the race currently riding who has not tested positive for a banned substance. In fact he's possibly the only *clean rider* to win the race in a very long time. Why would the sport turn its back on someone like this??? He should be held up as an example of what can be achieved!

(* unfortunately, speculating that a rider is clean can often more difficult that speculating that he is dirty! But the fact is that he's never tested positive and as far as i'm aware there has never been any major suspicion surrounding him. Although i'm open to correction on that)

You seem to forget that Co-Leader with Carlos is Denis Menchov...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lance Armstrong's Lawyers Demand Apology From '60 Minutes'

I am disappoint. Asking for apologies? That's loser behaviour. I miss the ol' sue-first-ask-questions-later Lance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

"We believe this is where cancer is hiding. We plan to land helicopters and bum-rush it into submission."

161341.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dura Ace

Just wondering if there's anybody who regrets joining LA on his Phoenix Park cycle in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Dura Ace wrote: »
    Just wondering if there's anybody who regrets joining LA on his Phoenix Park cycle in 2009.

Well at least now, all those who got shelled out the back have an excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Nah, that was great craic. I wasn't anywhere near the man himself, but it was great to see such a big crowd out with such a friendly atmosphere. Can we get Nico to organise another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

So Saugy might have told a different story to the FBI than the one he's sticking to now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

I know Lance never tested positive, so speaking out against Lance is a bad idea.

What about other guys who have got caught, of whom there are many.

How come other cyclists (clean ones) never speak out against the ones who were caught ?

I know for sure if I was a clean professional cyclist, and someone who beat me on drugs was caught, I'd be very vocal in condemning the cyclist in the press, I'd be livid I'm sure

Like the guy who came second to Condador in the Tour last year, he made a statement after the tour saying Contador was the rightful winner and that he deserved it.

If I came second to a guy who claimed he brought red meat up a mountain to cook it, and that the meat contained traces of drugs, I'd be getting ready to sue someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

MungoMan wrote: »
    I know Lance never tested positive, so speaking out against Lance is a bad idea.

What about other guys who have got caught, of whom there are many.

How come other cyclists (clean ones) never speak out against the ones who were caught ?

I know for sure if I was a clean professional cyclist, and someone who beat me on drugs was caught, I'd be very vocal in condemning the cyclist in the press, I'd be livid I'm sure

Like the guy who came second to Condador in the Tour last year, he made a statement after the tour saying Contador was the rightful winner and that he deserved it.

If I came second to a guy who claimed he brought red meat up a mountain to cook it, and that the meat contained traces of drugs, I'd be getting ready to sue someone.

1. How would one of his competitors have that kind of evidence.

2. Anyone who does confront lance seems to get the full wrath of his pr team and the uci. It may not be worth speaking out?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There are many, many reasons.

1. Some guys don't condemn dopers because they're doping themselves.
    2. Some clean guys don't condemn dopers because they don't want to get a hard time in the peloton.

• Advertisement

MungoMan wrote: »

Bassons tried it. He was told he had a similar VO2 max as Hinault (85 ish). Which could have made him a legend in the pre-EPO era. He was made an outcast. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christophe_Bassons........Enemy of Armstrong

Obree quit professional cycling because he wouldn't take drugs (well it was one of a few reasons).......Don't know if he's in the black book.

Its called spitting in the soup. Kimmage tried it too without naming names and he was also made an outcast...........Enemy of Armstrong

It is only the threat of jail time that is breaking the cycling omerta........all those people who testified are now enemies of Armstrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

I'm convinced that if every pro cyclist on the circuit had to provide a blood and urine sample every day for one full year, you would see a rapid decline in the peformances of many riders.......be realistic here, the demands on the body during a Grand Tour, totally clean????? doping is part of human culture, whether it be for sport, recreation, or just for ailments, we have all done it in one form or another.You get a cold, you might take Sudafed ( banned until a few years ago). Big intake of caffeine (banned), how many here drink too much coffee??? Random testing just doesnt cover it. There will always be those who will "dope" up to gain an advantage, maybe my idea of everyday is too much, but once a week for one full year, If that was put to the peleton, I bet the reaction would not be favourable.

Edit :Sudafed itself, not banned, but Ephidrene, an ingredient was, and before I get the backlash, I'm well aware that the ephidrene in Sudafed is not pure but synthetic, I was just using this as an example.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thread is starting to turn into a doping thread, can we get back to talking about Lance Armstrong related topics (because doping obviously isn't one).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Thread is starting to turn into a doping thread, can we get back to talking about Lance Armstrong related topics (because doping obviously isn't one).

Armstrong DOPED, never got caught out. THE END;)

apologies for the shades of sarcasm, not intended

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I thought this was the " Landis admits doping, points finger at LA" thread, is doping not a key discussion point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

^^^^I'm guessing there's some sarcasm involved in that particular request.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dura Ace

Check out this website:

http://www.facts4lance.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

Check out this website:

http://www.facts4lance.net/

LOL

No wonder Lance was RTing that link.

Lance Armstrong and Tyler Hamilton Walk Into a Bar

At what point does the world's most AWKWARD situation become witness intimidation?

162981.GIF

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

tturns232.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

niceonetom wrote: »
    At what point does the world's most AWKWARD situation become witness intimidation?
    Hamilton alleges that Armstrong was threatening to him and federal agents will now decide if what happened could constitute witness tampering. If that is proven, he could face stiff penalties including a possible prison sentence

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Lance: The movie, it's gonna be awesome but a little long.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

The only reason I would ever look at twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/greymanrod

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dermur

Mark Zeigler always worth listening to on this subject...

http://competitorradio.competitor.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Interesting stuff about Carmichael.

That Snickers ad at 10:09 is awesome. Why don't we get that stuff here?

Lumen wrote: »
    Interesting stuff about Carmichael.
    If you read the Clinic as much as I do its nothing new. But it's nice to hear Landis confirm what the Clinicians have been saying for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Well, a bit of a sensationalist headline, but Landis is now fingering Pepe Martí, who started at Discovery, then went on to work with Alberto Contador at Discovery Channel and Astana...

Linky Here

• Advertisement

I think he said that in the CBS interview. Maybe not the long version, but there are indivual segments that are more detailed than the long one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement