Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

/dev/random/

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Happy Christmas Whovians!
    ei9QEji.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

aNo7NNw_460s_v1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Just noticed that Doctor who Legacy is free from Amazon app store at the moment.

Not got a clue about what it's like, but it's 153 meg.

Edit; downloaded installed and deleted. Looks like another bloody gem type game....

Sorry.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It is a good gem type game though.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The ultimate baby stroller:
    dalek-baby.jpg?874fb4

Das Kitty wrote: »

I'm bloody addicted to it. Recently completed all levels :)

Das Kitty wrote: »

I'm bloody addicted to it. Recently completed all levels :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm on the second chapter. A mostly free freemuim game, so I think I'll buy something to support it. The way this kind of thing should be done!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

From 9gag

a33Nxe3_460s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I got to go over to the states for work and the office admin had seen my Dr. Who t-shirt, she called me into the office to show me the Dalek costume she had made for her kid last Halloween. It was epic, but no photos for here, because that would be weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

So for the few that might care (and I know its a few) they did an episode of My little pony full of Doctor Who references

(https://youtu.be/fZMNvKWMg18?t=1m22s)

for those who care this is a special episode where the creators took every bit of fan theory and ran with it in the story.

One of which was that a random background character throughout the series was actually a pony version of the tenth doctor

so they ran with it as close as they could without getting sued.

course it also answers what would happen if the doctor went bowling with the big lebowski while they were all ponies...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Doctor is part of a new Lego game, voiced by Peter Capaldi too! Don't really play the Lego games, but it's still pretty cool. I still hold out hope of a 'proper' Doctor Who game ... uhhh, that doesn't suck :D

aGR2ze0_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Shia LeBoeuf painted as the 13 doctors :p

all_shias_700.jpg

http://brandonbird.com/shias.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Shia LeBoeuf painted as the 13 doctors :p

all_shias_700.jpg

http://brandonbird.com/shias.html

Why-would-you-post-something-like-that-Doctor-Who-David-Tennant-300x204.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Whoever said bookends as a Christmas present was a bad thing! These are fantastic, dat detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I made a thing

RDzR2ha.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I started rewatching from Eccleston a while back just finished season 4 and I'm amazed to see how successful some the guest actors have gone on to be.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Andrew Garfield, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Carey Mulligan, Josh Dallas & Felicity Jones so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The descendants of these guys were in that emoji episode :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

423555.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Spotted an interesting wifi network name in Belfast this weekend:

423743.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Please tell me you tried the password rycbar123

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There was an interesting interview with Eccleston in The Guardian, and sure enough the subject of Dr. Who came up. Honestly, he comes off like a very honest, forthright person but still, there's more than a little bitterness in his voice when it comes to these 'pay cheque' jobs, the air of them all being beneath him.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/mar/11/christopher-eccleston-macbeths-very-insecure-about-his-masculinity-i-am-most-men-are
    “What happened around Doctor Who almost destroyed my career,” he says. “I gave them a hit show and I left with dignity and then they put me on a blacklist. I was carrying my own insecurities as it was something I had never done before and then I was abandoned, vilified in the tabloid press and blacklisted. I was told by my agent at the time: ‘The BBC regime is against you. You’re going to have to get out of the country and wait for regime change.’ So I went away to America and I kept on working because that’s what my parents instilled in me. My dad always said to me: ‘I don’t care what you do – sweeping the floor or whatever you’re doing – just do the best job you can.’ I know it’s cliched and northern and all that bollocks, but it applies.”

pixelburp wrote: »
    There was an interesting interview with Eccleston in The Guardian, and sure enough the subject of Dr. Who came up. Honestly, he comes off like a very honest, forthright person but still, there's more than a little bitterness in his voice when it comes to these 'pay cheque' jobs, the air of them all being beneath him.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/mar/11/christopher-eccleston-macbeths-very-insecure-about-his-masculinity-i-am-most-men-are

This is total drunken scuttlebutt but I was actually at a party once with someone who worked on production in the BBC during his run, who implied repeatedly that if people had been there, they'd 100% be on Ecclestone's side, and he's doing the BBC an immense favour not talking about it now.

This is total drunken scuttlebutt but I was actually at a party once with someone who worked on production in the BBC during his run, who implied repeatedly that if people had been there, they'd 100% be on Ecclestone's side, and he's doing the BBC an immense favour not talking about it now.

Yeah, it certainly comes off like there's more to the story of the BBC & Eccleston than anyone wants to let on, but I had heard that the Season 1 production was in general a bit chaotic anyway (IIRC, I had heard the director of the pilot, Keith Boak, made a balls of a lot of the production - though going by his CV he still works for the BBC).

I dunno, in isolation his Dr. Who comments sound intriguing, but it's the other little sniping remarks about his work in Hollywood blockbusters that come off as a little sanctimonious, or just plain bitter about his lot. I'd wonder if perhaps he let his friendship with Russell T Davies dictate his choice, immediately regretted starring in a TV show with farting aliens, and behaved like a bit of an ass about it. That he wouldn't even return for the 50th anniversary was a bit mean-spirited, spat with BBC or not.

He certainly won't get too many offers from Hollywood if he's bad-mouthing them like that mind you...

Yeah, it certainly comes off like there's more to the story of the BBC & Eccleston than anyone wants to let on, but I had heard that the Season 1 production was in general a bit chaotic anyway (IIRC, I had heard the director of the pilot, Keith Boak, made a balls of a lot of the production - though going by his CV he still works for the BBC).

I dunno, in isolation his Dr. Who comments sound intriguing, but it's the other little sniping remarks about his work in Hollywood blockbusters that come off as a little sanctimonious, or just plain bitter about his lot. I'd wonder if perhaps he let his friendship with Russell T Davies dictate his choice, immediately regretted starring in a TV show with farting aliens, and behaved like a bit of an ass about it. That he wouldn't even return for the 50th anniversary was a bit mean-spirited, spat with BBC or not.

He certainly won't get too many offers from Hollywood if he's bad-mouthing them like that mind you...

Like... Destro in G.I. Joe is such a step up from the Doctor :D

He was definitely a disappointment in the role in terms of how he behaved outside of the show- and yes, it's a shame he shot down the 50th.

Think of P Cap's in character letters to kids, of Matt Smith dicking about with children, or Tennant running all around them at the Royal Albert...

I get the feeling people will be talking about this whole thing the way they do about Colin Baker in years to come.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Considering the way he claims he was treated, it is hardly mean spirited. Imagine you left your job after a year and, nothing wrong with what you'd done, but your boss is unhappy you are leaving as he sees the potential to get more out of you but you have made up your mind. Your boss then proceeds to ring around alot of the only people you could turn to in the locality for work and tells them you are not to be hired for whatever reasons.
    He badmouthed GI Joe, several actors have been in better films and refused turning upto the opening screening. He done it years after the fact and anyone who thinks you pick up a part in GI Joe for the love of acting needs their head examined.
    Like... Destro in G.I. Joe is such a step up from the Doctor :D
    From my readnig he is pretty much saying that it was a step down, as in Dr. Who was a far better role.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Think of P Cap's in character letters to kids, of Matt Smith dicking about with children, or Tennant running all around them at the Royal Albert...
    Your memory is cheating a bit there. David was busy with the Shakespeare company for his Doctor Who prom so Freema Agyeman stood in and he appeared in a pre recorded segment. Matt was present for both his proms and did a great little interactive piece in his first one.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Your memory is cheating a bit there. David was busy with the Shakespeare company for his Doctor Who prom so Freema Agyeman stood in and he appeared in a pre recorded segment. Matt was present for both his proms and did a great little interactive piece in his first one.

Getting old sucks :(

Advertisement