Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

/dev/random/

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I found it a bit creepy. 900 year old "god" and a teenage/early 20s girl...

It was a bit Twilight come to think of it. :pac:
    Creepier DK when you consider the original back story was that the Doc "engineered" her life growing up to make the "perfect companion" :eek: but they backed off from that. IIRC wasn't there a hint of that left in? Didn't he say something along the lines of him playing santa to her one chrimbo when she was a kid. That's grooming that is :D

As for adolescent and melodramatic, yes but maybe goin agin the grain that's why I liked her story. She was an adolescent and a stroppy jealous quite selfish one at that, so I found her believable and I reckon that's why the casual Dr Who viewers still buy into her more and kept/keep wanting her back. When she came back all Rambo'd up I didn't buy it TBH. If she had aged ten years in the other dimension then yea, but a year later or whatever she's all growed up? Naw. But yea they played it out for way too long. If they had left it on the beach when there wasn't a dry eye in the house :) then I reckon she'd be remembered a lot more fondly by the hardcore fans too.

As for Glee, I make it a fixed point in my life never to watch it. I did watch the first one just to see(though musicals make me want to tear my ears off) and oh. my. god.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wibbs wrote: »
    Creepier DK when you consider the original back story was that the Doc "engineered" her life growing up to make the "perfect companion" :eek: but they backed off from that. IIRC wasn't there a hint of that left in? Didn't he say something along the lines of him playing santa to her one chrimbo when she was a kid. That's grooming that is :D

Gave her a red bike. Speaking of creepy, in the latest episode
    I wonder did he make sure Clara was conceived the old fashioned way too... :cool:

If she had aged ten years in the other dimension then yea, but a year later or whatever she's all growed up?

She'll be older this time for sure. :P Suppose they did the companions get older thing with Sarah Jane already.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A Dalek was discovered in an English pond; it's thought to be a discarded prop from original filming, but frankly I'd be wary about it reactivating :eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/4935903/Dr-Who-Dalek-found-in-pond.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

tumblr_inline_mkq2oy0JaF1qz4rgp.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

The Fifth Doctor from Doctor Who is played by Peter Davison. He had a daughter Georgia Moffet. Georgia played the fictional daughter of Doctor Who in an episode entitled The Doctor's daughter. In that episode The Doctor is on his tenth incarnation played by David Tennant. While shooting that episode the two started to date and later had a daughter together who they named Olive.

So The Doctor's daughter from the Doctor Who episode The Doctor's Daughter is played by The Doctor's daughter who later goes on to marry The Doctor and give birth to The Doctor's daughter.

X5eRAZq.png

Best captcha ever, didn't expect Ryanair to be so cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

XE0I2Uq.gif

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What Amy did next....

Horny_stewardess.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

^

MattEw.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

^

The previous incarnation might be more...

tumblr_m9g708phXq1rarrc6o1_500.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

In response to the previous episode

9367_583316768367897_1781903518_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

A really nice video of the Doctor(s) and the Tardis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

NASA just discovered Gallifrey / Magrathea / Tatoinne; or more accurately, a planet that orbits around a twin-sun system:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/29/kepler_47_two_sun_system/

"The second planet, Kepler-47c, lies in the habitable zone around the suns, meaning there could be water and/or Gallifreyans on it. However, the planet is likely to be a gas giant and so not suitable for our kind of life, but two-hearted Time Lords could doubtless cope with it, or perhaps live on moons in orbit around the giant."

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

320864_587887667898915_558370998_n.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Aqkayue.jpg

601753_584886404877600_2139916515_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

koth wrote: »
    601753_584886404877600_2139916515_n.jpg

^
    Actually LOVE!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Coldzone

Just seen on Facebook :O

ironq.jpg

524861_587480647951509_958022996_n.jpg

946433_588685424497698_1863976188_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Thanks to this image on nerdicilious I can't say garlic normally anymore...

133.jpg?cb5e28

Facepalms were invented for just this kind of thing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22542222
    Police were called to a science fiction convention after an argument between two rival groups of fans.

Trouble flared at the fourth Norwich Sci-Fi and Film Convention at the University of East Anglia, organised by Norwich Star Wars Club.

Bringing aliens to life onscreen might be easy-peasy, but it seems that convincing websites & computer interfaces have always been a problem with the show! Sometimes when I watch videos like this, I remember how flippin' dumb this show can be hehe :D

Remember kids, during busy periods on the internet, your monitor may explode.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/90164-doctor-who-trans-temporal-sonic-screwdriver/

Wondering if anyone has any info about this...I used to work in a toy shop and this funky sonic screwdriver came in before last Christmas. The plot summary with it describes an episode that as far as I'm aware has never happened? I kinda assumed it would be one of the Series 7 episodes but now that it's over it clearly isn't and I'm wondering if anyone thinks it will be an actual episode or is just something they made up to make a new toy? Because all the other DW toys we had were directly from the show :P

No it's just something they made up themselves. They don't do it very often, but they do from time-to-time. It's made to be compatible with the Personalise Your Sonic Screwdriver Set

Daemos wrote: »
    No it's just something they made up themselves. They don't do it very often, but they do from time-to-time. It's made to be compatible with the Personalise Your Sonic Screwdriver Set

Damn, because it sounded like a cool episode :P

• Advertisement

Now we finally know who's hand that was

clarabum.jpg

Advertisement