Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade & Retro Repairs & Mods, all new recipe, with no added MSG...

Options

Comments

BGOllie wrote: »
    any good site for ordering custom sized repro artwork (bezel, marquee and panel ) ?

Muddy music on j+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I've a question hopefully someone can help me with. On my gameboy color, the down, start and select button don't seem to be making contact with the board. I've done all the usual cleaning an stuff and still don't work, but is there anything else I should do to bring these buttons back to life?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

replace the rubber things. is the pcb ok where connection is make. if rusty or worn looking try cleaning.
    might be worth getting a new shell altogether comes with everything needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

replace the rubber things. is the pcb ok where connection is make. if rusty or worn looking try cleaning.
    might be worth getting a new shell altogether comes with everything needed

Thanks for that! Yeah the buttons and pads are all cleaned up, the pcb board looks very clean, where the button contacts are super clean too so I'm really not sure what could be wrong. Maybe a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol with a qtip? Might help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

No harm in cleaning the pcb contacts with alcohol. the rubber is what usually goes like in the old tv remotes.
    Another thing when putting it all back together make sure screws are in the correct order and tightened. Spent half a day before repairing the screen on the game-boy micro only to put it back together with a,b buttons not working. didn't tighten the screws hard enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

BGOllie wrote: »
    any good site for ordering custom sized repro artwork (bezel, marquee and panel ) ?

Muddy music on j+
    Muddy (Olly Cotton) has done some Centipede sideart and Astro City decals for me. Highly recommend.

He has a website too:
    http://www.arcadeartshop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

thanks. I'll be ordering stuff soon. :)

in other news ... she's alive :)
    17353351_10155132998238276_5849743975418074616_n.jpg?oh=f63939cd82c4c3b4bdfbcaeee38fbc81&oe=595F15CB

...and thanks dave for the leg bolts :)

Nice to have another pinhead here.
    Won't be long before it gets a partner and starts reproducing ;)

so after a few hours of "play" the pin boots to this sound . any pointer before I start looking up ?
    first rough guess would be to replace the system 3 battery ?

• Advertisement

Yea start there,
    What type of battery is is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭Inviere

I feel like I know Ollie's shed better than my own at this stage! Damn you & you're gaming room building videos!

Yea start there,
    What type of battery is is?

standard 3v lithuium cell CR2032. swapped it for a new one but same issue. time to hit the INTERNET!!!

man ... I love google :)
    http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Not sure if it's considered retro, but I'm wondering if anybody knows a place that repairs the original PSP LCD screens?

Not sure if it's considered retro, but I'm wondering if anybody knows a place that repairs the original PSP LCD screens?

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=200215238&initiative_id=AS_20170321163600&SearchText=psp+screen

Pandora Box 4 has been getting a good hacking lately, new images :
    http://www.jammaplus.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

eddhorse wrote: »
    Pandora Box 4 has been getting a good hacking lately, new images :
    http://www.jammaplus.co.uk

Any insight into what they have achieved so far? I think I have one of these in my bartop cab

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was looking at getting one of these, then i seen something on a website saying they only work with LCDs, can i stick one of these in a cab with an arcade monitor? can anyone confirm they work with them?

Thanks

I was looking at getting one of these, then i seen something on a website saying they only work with LCDs, can i stick one of these in a cab with an arcade monitor? can anyone confirm they work with them?
    Thanks
    Worth holding off for a month until they finish hacking the boards, lots of different clones and board types inside. There is an LCD one and a CGA version for the arcade cab.
    Some purists might say there are some screen tearing issues with certain games but it is a handy piece of kit.
    KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Any insight into what they have achieved so far? I think I have one of these in my bartop cab

Basically you can edit the menu and add games too.
    Lots of images to burn to the internal SD card

• Advertisement

I would think the pi2jamma is a better option

I would think the pi2jamma is a better option

Well yes if you can get the pi2jamma configured correctly, it is also a lot more expensive.
    They are updating the pi2jamma image versions weekly but its still a good bit off a finished article.
    Their facebook group is :https://www.facebook.com/groups/1649021265123737/
    You can see all the manual timings and settings you have to apply to tweak settings, pain in the arse tbh

On both my cabs its a bit dark too and i had to whack up the brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That cus they didn't bother put a proper RGB amp on it, honestly its way overpriced for what it is.

That cus they didn't bother put a proper RGB amp on it, honestly its way overpriced for what it is.

Yep agreed, plenty of more people making similar too,

*Eds waits for Last Bandits Jamma2Pi offering*

Yep agreed, plenty of more people making similar too,

*Eds waits for Last Bandits Jamma2Pi offering*

I did actually start one, well modified the existing jammacon to take a Pi but not gotten around to finishing it.

Nowhere near enough time for projects these days :(

Dont worry we will wait.
    If its anything like the jamma con it will be fantastic.

http://strike-devices.net/index.php/pi2jamma/
    What i dont understand is why pi2jamma guys dont just use RetroPie and pikeyd165 for keymappings.

Already a stable image with config menus etc,
    Look at all the manual settings in their distribution.

For example configure the wifi settings via linux command line, sure i can do it as i know some linux but not everyones cup of tea.
    Another example is the manual timings for resolutions :

hdmi_timings=1536 1 115 150 170 224 1 4 3 15 0 0 0 60 0 32000000 1

Sure its good to be able configure everything but i dont have time for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Basically you can edit the menu and add games too.
    Lots of images to burn to the internal SD card

Just had a look at the thread on Jamma+ - found one image, heafty in size :D will have a look when I get it downloaded and a sec to tinker with it

Just had a look at the thread on Jamma+ - found one image, heafty in size :D will have a look when I get it downloaded and a sec to tinker with it

Best burn to a different SD card or backup your current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've the one from the aussie guy and the brightness is perfect
    17587207_1142737945837063_8734160375483727872_n.jpg

• Advertisement

I think that one is using a different video amp, there was dimness problems with his earlier ones afaik.

A lot depends on the arcade monitor being used as well, when I was first working on the jammacon board I tired the ths7314 (fixed 2x amp) as well and it work ok with some monitors as dim on others.
    Which wasn't that surprising as the input range for most arcade monitors is 2v-5v and the gert666 circuit outputs at 0.7v so 2x that and you 1.4V instead of the minimum 2v.

Advertisement