Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade & Retro Repairs & Mods, all new recipe, with no added MSG...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Doge wrote: »
    It makes the owl look very Dark Vaderesque! :)

10513768_578570792272013_998608941_n2-640x576.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Doge wrote: »
    It makes the owl look very Dark Vaderesque! :)

Don't you mean Darth Vader?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

MrVestek wrote: »
    Don't you mean Darth Vader?

Maybe the auto-correct on his phone lacks the Force...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Can you just buy acetone in hardware stores in Ireland? Or is it restricted in the amount you can buy?
    It's basically just nail polish remover, but I need about a gallon of it. Don't fancy buying up 20 or 30 small bottles in Boots :)

I use it to treat ABS plastic and am now doing a lot more, so stealing some from the GF's makeup bag is no longer an option :D

Buy it in the UK and send it to the Motel. I did that before with Isopropyl. It's a rip off for small bottles of it in Ireland. Same with Hydrogen Peroxide, I got a well of the stuff through the motel too. Saved a fortune at 23% VAT (and the rest prices) charged over here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Steve's house shortly

4e84d1541b070.image_.jpg
    He is the one who knocks... twice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

did a bit of work on the megadrive raspberry pi emulation station.
    (no working megs were hurt in this production)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Has anyone got x2 spares of these types of microswitches by any chance?

ZIPPY_Microswitch_Joystick_245x174.jpg

I'll check my box of bits at lunch time, what are they out of?

I definitely have some

Edit- altho Im not sure I can be doing business outside of the proper forum:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I definitely have some

Edit- altho Im not sure I can be doing business outside of the proper forum:D

What, sorry, who?
    Rule breach.....
    What?
    Sorry, nodded off there....

• Advertisement

Pm me your address there and I'll stick a few in the post tomorrow.
    Have buttons to go with them too if you fancy?

Has anyone got x2 spares of these types of microswitches by any chance?

ZIPPY_Microswitch_Joystick_245x174.jpg
    `

Found some in the end buried in the shed, thanks for the offers folks. I found a Zippy joystick in the shed during the week & said I'd throw it into the bartop, replacing those HAPP abominations (well player 1 anyway. I know Zippy are still budget sticks, but there's a big difference between them still).
    altho Im not sure I can be doing business outside of the proper forum:D

Ha, I thought of that when posting earlier, I decided to let common sense prevail. Hardly worth a marketplace thread for someone that's cheaper than a stamp :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

`

Found some in the end buried in the shed, thanks for the offers folks. I found a Zippy joystick in the shed during the week & said I'd throw it into the bartop, replacing those HAPP abominations (well player 1 anyway. I know Zippy are still budget sticks, but there's a big difference between them still).

Ha, I thought of that when posting earlier, I decided to let common sense prevail. Hardly worth a marketplace thread for someone that's cheaper than a stamp :o

Got two zippies in my bartop too. No complaints about them at all.

The adjustable plate is handy too as you can restrict to 4 or even 2 way if you need to.

Disaster struck today when one of my daughter's friends plugged one of the Astro's into the 220v :'( monitor doesent seem to be getting any power although the game boots up and plays fine, hopefully its just the fuse. I pulled out the chassis and no burning or visible damage. One of the fuses seems fine but since the other is ceramic I cant tell if its blown, I replaced it with a similar glass fuse and that blew straight away so wondering where I could get the correct ceramic fuses? checked locally and cant seem to find them, its a T2A H250V anyone know where they can be got? Other than that it looks like a job for Grant, wouldent mind but I've only got a cap kit done on it a month ago.

Oh ****! That's a nightmare right there

Yep she stuck it in the 220v output of the stepdown while it was powering the other cab, normally have it left the cab but had it out because I was sorting a few bits. Solid disaster either way.

Ah fook it. No point lingering on it.
    Hopefully it's noting. With regards to the fuse. Doesn't have to be a ceramic one as long as it's the same size and amp rating . What size is it physically?

True, 20mm I tried a regular glass one that was 2A 250V But it blew straight away. AO is offline atm, ill get onto Grant when its back see what he says. Kids huh

Sounds like something is busted :(
    I think ao is back now. Back and looking good!
    Was it your new astro?

No first one, only had it capped a while back too!, looks like chassis will be going back, ill try get a few tomorrow and see what happens.

• Advertisement

I tried a regular glass one that was 2A 250V But it blew straight away.

That's only 2 amps though, the monitor would pull more juice than that wouldn't it? There may be hope yet if you can find the correct rated one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Radionics is your best bet, glass should Technically work if you get the same amps

The original fuse is 2amps tho.

The original fuse is 2amps tho.

Ah, didn't realise...doesn't seem a lot of current for a big screen! In that case, something must be borked so :(

Yep, Grant reckons the primary ac section is toast, he has a couple of refurbed ms8-29 chassis so his sending one out tomorrow and I'll get the other repaired and keep it as a spare, Lucky the Astro's are easier find parts for, I'd imagine the Aero would be harder to find. Expensive lesson learned!

Luckily enough man.
    What's the damage of you mind me asking?
    Always deadly to have a spare chassis tho.
    When I had my two I was always on the lookout for spare ones. But never could!
    Might be worth getting a stepdown for each and putting them inside the cabs so it doesn't happen again. Especially with the kids about

Luckily enough man.
    What's the damage of you mind me asking?
    Always deadly to have a spare chassis tho.
    When I had my two I was always on the lookout for spare ones. But never could!
    Might be worth getting a stepdown for each and putting them inside the cabs so it doesn't happen again. Especially with the kids about

Thanks, £100 + shipping, ya I had a stepdown in each of the cabs but was moving them about and left them out over the weekend. Need to get the finger out and get a proper place built onto the house, hopefully get started when the weather picks up. I'll get the other repaired and have it there anyways, there only going to get harder to come by/more expensive

I would say thats not too bad but the euro/sterling rate is shocking atm :0
    it has to be done tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

euro/stg exchange rate is terrible at the moment, really hope it changes soon, I picked up 2 wico sticks for my multiwilliams control panel and for £45 inc shipping, after ebay fees exchange rates came to over €70:eek:
    Now all I need is some one with a router to fit them :D.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's chtonic. Euro is nearly the same as the dollar now. Now is the time to sell to uk.

Advertisement