Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mindkiller wrote: »
    I think this must mark the 15th time this year a costume reveal for a comic book movie has pissed off loads of fanboys :rolleyes:. I don't really see much of an issue with it. I just hope it's a better film than Captain America.

Captain America was good fun, nothing more nothing less, was one of the better movies this summer, but at least in that his sit looked like it had a purpose, in those Avengers pics it looks like something a guy going to comicon would wear

this:

Captain_America_Chris_Evans.jpg

looks way cooler than this:

0816-chris-evans-captain-america-avengers-22-480x720.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I didn't find Captain America fun at all. No sense of wit or adventure about it and the lead was thoroughly insipid. Just felt like Marvel Films were phoning it in. Like they were obliged to just get the movie out of the way and rake in the dollars quickly so they could turn out this one.

The only bit I kind of liked was the war bonds bits because at least there was a sense of irony in how they presented Captain America but from that point on it was just a load of obnoxious noise and lasers. Iron Man is still the best of the recent Marvel releases

• Registered Users Posts: 45,019 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cap America's new suit is really an odd one.

In his movie they reimaged his comic book look to make it more realistic. Was still Cap, but his suit looked right for what it was - functional and 'inspirational'.

In the new movie it just looks like a comic book costume. It IS a comic book costume - so it isn't completely unexpected - but it doesn't look like a real world version of one.

It is a bit disappointing in its look - and I wouldn't be a big Cap America fan to begin with as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm just glad they got rid of the chin strap. That just looked odd

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I say the costume won't look as bad once they fiddle with the footage in post production. The on-set pics of the original costume looked fairly dodgy, but looked a lot better duting the film.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

If his ears were exposed like they were in the promo pics the costume would look better. That's my only problem with it. He just looks like a condom otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the helmet just looks ..... wrong.

i cant decide if its too big, or if its too shiny but it looks out of sync with the rest of his outfits asthetic.

the shield looks different too.

more plasticaly than the one in his own film.

hopefuly the way the film is being shot will make it fit better but those pics dont look the best at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I'm hoping they might do some CGI magic with it in post production. Even if they darkened the helmet a bit it would look better. Also I wonder when are we going to see the first trailer? Can't be too far away??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

krudler wrote: »
    Didnt we get enough of this bullsh1t in the Transformers thread? seriously nobody gives a sh1t

it cant be bull **** when its the truth

seriously nick fury is leader of shield not member of the avengers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah! Yea I saw that the other day, looks totally ridiculous :D

"water...is the essence of wetness"

fcuking hell, Ruffalo mustve got posing tips off Ben Stiller

its great that original actor = Lou Ferrigno of The Incredible Hulk from TV screens in 1977 portray as The Incredible Hulk (voice)

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    its great that original actor = Lou Ferrigno of The Incredible Hulk from TV screens in 1977 portray as The Incredible Hulk (voice)

not you again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

id love to see thor and hulk square off

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd bet your mums house on it happening at some point in the film.

isnt that why Thor is needed? only person strong enough to take on the hulk and all that, can definitely see a scene where hulk is chucking stuff at him to be battered out of the way with Mjolnir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Cant wait for this movie :(

so far away.

isnt that why Thor is needed? only person strong enough to take on the hulk and all that, can definitely see a scene where hulk is chucking stuff at him to be battered out of the way with Mjolnir

It's happened in the comics/cartoons quite a few times, Thor is about the only Avenger who can match the Hulk for strength afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Loki fights the Hulk in the film as well. Tom Hiddleston gave an interview recently, think it was with Total Film, where he mentions how Loki is more bad ass in the film than he was in Thor, and how he fights all of the Avengers one on one which forces them to team up against him.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's happened in the comics/cartoons quite a few times, Thor is about the only Avenger who can match the Hulk for strength afaik

Hercules was in the same power/strength bracket in the comics. He has fought both Thor and the Hulk to standstills in the past and has a few wins over Thor to his name as well.

The Sentry is another ex Avenger who was in the Hulk's power class and possibly beyond it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

"water...is the essence of wetness"

fcuking hell, Ruffalo mustve got posing tips off Ben Stiller

Yes very Zoolander

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

I. Am. Living. For. Next. Summer.

Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises... AHHFJRIJERTRE.

I was reading somewhere, I dunno was it with an interview with Renner, but they said that Hawkeye is the only one that can take down Hulk? A nicely placed arrow would do the trick!

I was reading somewhere, I dunno was it with an interview with Renner, but they said that Hawkeye is the only one that can take down Hulk? A nicely placed arrow would do the trick!

Yeah that was the tranq arrows interview.

There's some new official production shots up on rotten tomatoes now. Can't provide exact link, piece of crap college pc too slow

I somehow managed to miss that Maria Hill is being played by Cobie Smulders (Robin in How I Met Your Mother)

Trailer is coming Tuesday!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Trailer is coming Tuesday!!
    Hoping we get a glimpse of the big green fella. Curious to know if they're sticking with the same iteration from the Norton movie, a tweaked version of that, or a new design altogether.

Advertisement