Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

WatchWolf wrote: »
    the lack of Ed Norton.

:(

At least Mark Ruffalo is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Galvasean wrote: »
    Looks fun.

Fun = camp crap
    It looks like ****e if I'm honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,657 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I almost forgot:

This is a Joss Whedon film.

It can't fail. It can be canceled halfway through the first season, but it can't fail to be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

it can't fail to be awesome.
    *cough*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I like Whedon, but the trailer is very underwhelming. I'm not a fan of crossovers, nor of most of superheroes in question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I feel there's a considerable gap in the market for a film where stuff explodes interestingly and numerous superheroes kick ass.

Of the handful of people I'd put in charge, Joss Whedon is one.

So hope is there. The trailer looks alright (dreadful music choice) but it's only a trailer. Very serious possibility of too many cooks syndrome, but we'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

TBH ive lost count, the amount of trailers that use NIN music..

Trailer looks good, kinda wished they went with a bigger bad guy than Loki, then again i dont know much about Loki or the Thor universe, only of what ive seen in the Thor movie. I mean Thor has already kicked Loki's ass, seems kinda dumb to pit him against Thor and ALOT more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nix wrote: »
    TBH ive lost count, the amount of trailers that use NIN music..

Trailer looks good, kinda wished they went with a bigger bad guy than Loki, then again i dont know much about Loki or the Thor universe, only of what ive seen in the Thor movie. I mean Thor has already kicked Loki's ass, seems kinda dumb to pit him against Thor and ALOT more :(

Going by the after-credits scene from Thor though and from Captain America in general,
    Loki now has possession of the Cosmic Cube. And being as powerful and scheming as he is, the Cosmic Cube would now put him above Thor. So even if Loki is the only bad guy, he could still be a pretty powerful villian for the film

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Penn wrote: »
    Going by the after-credits scene from Thor though and from Captain America in general,
    Loki now has possession of the Cosmic Cube. And being as powerful and scheming as he is, the Cosmic Cube would now put him above Thor. So even if Loki is the only bad guy, he could still be a pretty powerful villian for the film

+1 on that....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its tieing all the previous marvel movies in really well,its such a pity Sony still own the Spiderman rights would love to see Marvel have a proper crack at it. the Raimi movies havent aged well at all, 2 is still brilliant in places though. and the new one looks a bit too emo Peter again. Spiderman isnt meant to be emo! he's meant to be wisecracking and cocky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

And what does the
    Cosmic cube
    do exactly?

nix wrote: »
    And what does the
    Cosmic cube
    do exactly?
    Well, aside from the powerful weapons it created in Captain America, as well as what it did to the Red Skull at the end, it's power hasn't been truly shown. It was referred to in Captain America as "the jewel of Odin's treasure room", which means there's a good chance that Loki would be able to utilise more of it's powers which haven't been revealed yet. In the trailer, blue flashes are shown causing some of the explosions, which are probably coming from the Cosmic Cube or weapons devised from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Well, aside from the powerful weapons it created in Captain America, as well as what it did to the Red Skull at the end, it's power hasn't been truly shown. It was referred to in Captain America as "the jewel of Odin's treasure room", which means there's a good chance that Loki would be able to utilise more of it's powers which haven't been revealed yet. In the trailer, blue flashes are shown causing some of the explosions, which are probably coming from the Cosmic Cube or weapons devised from it.
    There seems to be a blue glow from Lokis staff in one bit of the trailer and it's also seen at the corner of the shot in the lab where Cap and Stark are talking. In the original Avengers comic, it allowed the bearer to "bend reality" but I'm sure the modern day version will have something more imaginative.
    I had thought the lasers were Skrull ship guns but they may well be Lokis new staff instead.

One thing I'm dieing to know is whats the story with Thor and Cap A fighting? Is it a real fight or does anyone else think that it could be them training??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

there was split second when i saw Thor hit Captain America with his hammer.

Perhaps a bit of mind control??

One thing I'm dieing to know is whats the story with Thor and Cap A fighting? Is it a real fight or does anyone else think that it could be them training??

I'd say it's a real fight but whether they really are Cap or Thor is another thing....;)

smokingman wrote: »
    I'd say it's a real fight but whether they really are Cap or Thor is another thing....;)

As in mind control or shape shifters? Or even Loki doing his illusion tricks???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Skrull's are in it!

Could be at the end after they've reclaimed the cube, fighting over who keeps it.

Read this and you'll have a good idea....

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Skrull's are in it!

Could be at the end after they've reclaimed the cube, fighting over who keeps it.

Duh the Skrulls are shape shifters..lol

Silly Anto!!!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Read this and you'll have a good idea....
    Have that ordered just there...

Have that ordered just there...

I'll try find a digital copy to download

What do you read them on? hate reading comics on the laptop!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Could it just be a case of near the end of the film thor protecting his brother?

What do you read them on? hate reading comics on the laptop!

Usually read them on my iphone, I have the Marvel and the DC app, theyre pretty cool. some comics you have to buy but the most expensive one ive ever gotten was only €3
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Could it just be a case of near the end of the film thor protecting his brother?

Thats very possible, never thought of that actually

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Could also be that just after Thor arrives on Earth, Captain America is there (probably with Coulson or other Shield agents) and Thor thinks Cap is a bad guy. That was my first thought anyway

Could also be that just after Thor arrives on Earth, Captain America is there (probably with Coulson or other Shield agents) and Thor thinks Cap is a bad guy. That was my first thought anyway

But Coulson knows Thor and that he is an Allie so why would he attack Cap?

Call me old fashioned but I'll never get into the digital copies of graphic novels.
    Prefer to have my library of them to look at up on the shelf of my study :)

Hadn't thought of the possibility of Thor protecting his brother, that could well be a goer!

But Coulson knows Thor and that he is an Allie so why would he attack Cap?

If he didn't see Coulson and only saw Cap first, or if Thor arrived and just saw Cap coming up behind Coulson thinking he was going to attack him. With Cap's outfit, Thor wouldn't assume he's with Coulson.

May be completely wrong and I like the idea of Thor protecting Loki. This was just the first thing that came to my mind. Just thought it might be a bit of a red herring, because it looks cool in the trailer

• Advertisement

Call me old fashioned but I'll never get into the digital copies of graphic novels.
    Prefer to have my library of them to look at up on the shelf of my study :)

Hadn't thought of the possibility of Thor protecting his brother, that could well be a goer!

Prefer the real thing myself, but the Marvel and DC (and Comixology) apps are great on iPad, especially for stuff harder to find without having to order online

Advertisement