Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How big is the Deepwater Horizon oil spill?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Torakx wrote: »
    Well they wanted change and he brought it.

He did?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Hell yeahs! lol
    Just not the change people expected.

What change?

well he started by putting more troops into the middle east as appose to the change he promised of taking more out.Im sure there was many contradictions from his run up to the election and present day practice.
    But also i said that more to joke on Obamas slogans like "yes we can!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andypando

Forgive the intrusion but I found this on Henry Makow. I is a piece in relation to The Gulf Oil crisis. I suppose there is the possibility of it being a conspiracy after all.
    Might be worth a read of the full article.

by Gerhard Wisnewski
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    (Translated by "Idiot Savant," from a German website "Kopp Online")

(for Henrymakow.com)

In 1903, Austrian banker, writer and occultist Gustav Meyrink (left, 1868-1932) wrote a novella, "Petroleum, Petroleum", part of a collection of short stories, which featured this Preface:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"To assure priority of this prophecy, I state that the following novella has been written in 1903. Gustav Meyrink".[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The novella tells the story of Dr. Jessegrim who has made a fortune in the mescaline business.
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He decides to go into oil.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]All of Mexico was standing on caves which were partly at least filled with petroleum, and connected with each other. Jessegrim resolves to blast away the separations between the caves. After the last detonation, the oil was to flow from the underground deposit in Mexico into the ocean and form a glass surface, which continues to grow, taken by the gulf stream, soon covering the entire Atlantic surface. The coasts were barren and the population retreated into the interior of the land.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Instead of being arrested, in Meyrink's story, Jessegrim is hired as a consultant. He says: "If the oil continues to spill as it does, it will have covered the oceans of the world in 27 to 29 weeks and there will be no more rains, ever, as water can not evaporate anymore. At best, it will rain petroleum."[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]First widely criticized, this prophecy (of Dr. Jessegrim) becomes increasingly plausible as the hidden flow does not stop, and when it increases dramatically, panic grips humanity. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Cable from USA to EU: "Oil leaks increase constantly. Situation extremely dangerous. Advise immediately whether stink there is also unbearable".[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In Meyrink's occult circles, they were fantasizing about oil reserves gushing into the ocean, from the Gulf of Mexico, covering the oceans.
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They postulated that an oil reservoir released into the oceans would be an apocalypse and possibly destroy the entire earth. It would start with a huge explosion. The culprit (a Dr. No figure, "Dr. Jessegrim") is motivated by blind hate of humanity. He destroys humanity via a "wrath of god" - the oil catastrophe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Unlike dystopian stories like "1984" by George Orwell or "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley, who made no such claims, Mayrink called his story a "Prophecy". At the beginning of the story, he states quasi in notary fashion: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"To assure priority of this prophecy, I state that the following novella has been written in 1903. Gustav Meyrink".[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]With the discovery of his prophecy concerning the oil catastrophe in the Mexican Gulf, Meyrink could become posthumously famous in 2010. The best-known story of Meyrink is "The Golem" (1915), one of the Cabalistic treatments of the golem-saga where rabbis breathe life into a clay monster who vanquishes their enemies.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Meyrink ran a banking house between 1889 and 1902 and circulated his entire life in the occult world of Christian and Jewish mysticism, theosophy and alchemy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He was a member of the very influential Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, a British secret society active at the end of the 19th and in the early 20th century. Its members included the Satanist, occultist, Cabalist, magician Aleister Crowley, a Freemason of the Old and Accepted Order of the Scottish Rite. He called himself "The Great Beast 666". It means that Meyrink was frequenting circles which welcomed the Apocalypse, which is exactly what he describes in "Petroleum, Petroleum": An apocalypse. And a planned apocalypse.[/FONT]

• Advertisement

fontanalis wrote: »
    What change?

Change you can believe in. Check out the latest change.
    From The Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/25/internet-kill-switch-appr_n_625856.html

well he started by putting more troops into the middle east as appose to the change he promised of taking more out.Im sure there was many contradictions from his run up to the election and present day practice.
    But also i said that more to joke on Obamas slogans like "yes we can!"

He sent more to Aghanistan and if that suprised/upset anyone then they can't have being paying much attention.

Yep the population had been lied to and they have been fed enough propoganda over the years to believe anything he said.Us skeptics knew better ofc but thats just how it goes.We get labelled CT'ers and when he turns out to be a shill its forgotten by the time the next dictator comes around.If there is another similar election it will be sad to see people waving flags all over again like it will be different this time.

Bit more on topic that "prohpecy" come story is intersting.I have it in my head that alot of stuff has been planned long ago for the future.
    I heard while watching some documentary that Bill Clinton was planned for president back around the 1970's or so maybe earlier.

Yep the population had been lied to and they have been fed enough propoganda over the years to believe anything he said.Us skeptics knew better ofc but thats just how it goes.We get labelled CT'ers and when he turns out to be a shill its forgotten by the time the next dictator comes around.If there is another similar election it will be sad to see people waving flags all over again like it will be different this time.

Bit more on topic that "prohpecy" come story is intersting.I have it in my head that alot of stuff has been planned long ago for the future.
    I heard while watching some documentary that Bill Clinton was planned for president back around the 1970's or so maybe earlier.

Nice that you mention Bill Clinton. I know it is off topic but Bill, Barry, and Hitler had in common the fact of not knowing their father, and I remember reading some time ago as to Bill being the one to herald the NWO. For some reason which alludes me now I think the real bosses in all this had to shelve their plans and await the next hero. Obama.

Here be a link to the weather map for the Gulf hurricane system.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/flash-avn.html

• Advertisement

Andypando wrote: »
    Here be a link to the weather map for the Gulf hurricane system.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/flash-avn.html

This if it comes up would show what the oil spill would look like as to your place.

http://www.ifitwasmyhome.com/images/logo.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

If oil is not a fossil but is abiotic then the oil leaking may be continuos , because it is replenished by a process in the earth , maybe it will never stop , the oil leak :

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Theory/SustainableOil/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

espinolman wrote: »
    If oil is not a fossil but is abiotic then the oil leaking may be continuos , because it is replenished by a process in the earth , maybe it will never stop , the oil leak :

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Theory/SustainableOil/

So oil is infinite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Yes it is,drill deep enough and you have oil.
    All this talk of it being a fossil fuel is incorrect now as they have found out otherwise.I wonder are they still teaching the kids this bs in school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

New postcards from Florida.

FL_%28D%29.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

New postcards from Florida.

FL_%28D%29.jpg

Thats pretty distasteful man, shameful whoever made that :(

Well the truth hurts.I guess a more realistic post card would have less people on the beach or maybe in yellow jump suits.
    I dont think anyone is laughing at the situation.If anything it would be rtdh's post being full of over the top sarcastic pics.I dont find it offensive at all.It just is how it is.
    If my living area was flooded say because of this i wouldactually laugh myself if i saw something funny online about it like one of these pics.But i guess thats the Irish spirit in me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I know some were asking as to why a no fly zone was introduced over the area, I think (and I could be wrong here) that the gasses being released change the air over the area, so planes can drop a huge distance unexpectadly, not certain about this but am sure I heard about it before, in fact I think it was in regards to the bermuda triangle where there are apparently gasses leaking from the floor, I think it may affect ships too.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thats pretty distasteful man, shameful whoever made that :(
    The truth hurts, and this image would be a summer camp compaired to what will happen during tropical storm season.

Dead wales and dolphins will be washed up on shore. this video gives the extent of what is out there ready to come ashore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDf-KkMCKQ&feature=player_embedded#at=552

The truth hurts, and this image would be a summer camp compaired to what will happen during tropical storm season.

Dead wales and dolphins will be washed up on shore. this video gives the extent of what is out there ready to come ashore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDf-KkMCKQ&feature=player_embedded#at=552

Agreed, but the way the image is meant to invoke humour is what I feel is distasteful. Or maybe I just viewed it wrong, but it just reminded me of those idiotic jokes that arrive out of nowhere when something bad happens (Catholic abuse scandal, Michael Jackson dead, WTC, etc etc) - I NEVER find them funny, nor do I this.

Thats video is shocking alright. How were they able to violate the no fly zone?

• Advertisement

Thats video is shocking alright. How were they able to violate the no fly zone?
    There are plenty of "whistle blowers" out there that have access to within this forbidden zone, coast guard, NOAA, BP and those on clean up contracts also thanks to compact HD video cam and micro SD technology. :)

No doubt when the weather freshens up it will be impossible to surpress the damage. I sent that postcard image to a mate of mine who will be flying out to Florida on Friday on a weeks holiday, He was not too impressed. :p

There are plenty of "whistle blowers" out there that have access to within this forbidden zone, coast guard, NOAA, BP and those on clean up contracts also thanks to compact HD video cam and micro SD technology. :)

No doubt when the weather freshens up it will be impossible to surpress the damage. I sent that postcard image to a mate of mine who will be flying out to Florida on Friday on a weeks holiday, He was not too impressed. :p

In your opinion RTTH, whats the most likely scenario should a tropical storm engulf the region? In that area, is the shore likely to be destroyed with oil/dead marine life? Or will it be splayed out in every direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Also seems the clean up crews maybe in danger.

Martiallaw incoming in Florida?

http://theintelhub.com/2010/06/26/the-real-truth-about-bp-and-what-is-happening-in-the-gulf/
    Another interesting video on this site. Kindra Arnesen at the Gulf Emergency Summit.

This is what infowars had to say on the same topic.
    BP is engaged in criminal negligence. It only pretends to clean-up its mess when government officials arrive for photo-ops. BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama......
    ......The corporate media talks about Florida’s beaches and lost tourism money. They talk about the marine animals covered in oil but not the children who are coming down with respiratory problems from toxic gases blowing in from the Gulf.
    Idiots on Fox and CNN trade barbs back and forth about Obama’s lack of leadership. It’s the Democrats say the Republicans. It’s the Republicans say the Democrats. Fingers get pointed while oil washes up in the salt marshes and deadly chemicals rain down on crops in Mississippi. People are beginning to talk about a new disease… Gulf of Mexico Syndrome.
    “The petro-chemical-military-industrial complex is gassing Gulf Coast residents with poisonous Benzene and Corexit dispersant at dangerously high levels in the largest U.S. domestic military operation to date,” writes Deborah Dupré. “Human suffering in the Gulf is increasing from the world’s latest and largest toxic oil kill as BP lies and government remains silent about human health risks and associated military interventions. Most immediately damaging of the operation’s withheld information pertains to toxins breathed since the explosion.”
    Near the end of the above video Kindra Arnesen talks about what toxins are doing to her children. Her story is likely not an isolated incident. Lots of children and old people with respiratory ailments are having problems with the air in Louisiana (and soon other Gulf states and Florida). The media is just not telling us about it. The media is owned by large corporations. The corporate media’s job is to distract with mindless fluff and cover up the crimes of the corporatists.
    If this continues much longer the military will be called in — not to evacuate people but to contain angry people who will ultimately organize and take things into their own hands. Violence and revenge cannot be ruled out.
    http://www.infowars.com/the-real-truth-about-bp-and-what-is-happening-in-the-gulf/

There was other youtube videos with a guy talking about volcanic stuff coming from where they punctured through when drilling.He seems to think they would have known what they are drilling into before doing it and that it wasnt an accident.
    Last one il post is of a guy with a handheld cam on one of the beaches affected.He is saying the water is bubbling and hissing.Could this be sulphur or something similar from a volcanic outlet?

He clearly isnt to bothered by whats in the water means he is up to his kness in the stuff.

lol I was thinking exactly the same thing.
    I was also thinking this guy is crazy to be running around in that enviornment without masks and protection.

Just want to add that if it was Sulphur then he would definitely smell it, it smells like really really rotten eggs.

Good point there.Maybe it is just oil or possibly the clean upchemicals that the other woman in the vid was talking about.
    I wonder whatare the chances of it reaching our shores ^^

Well I'm not even gonna pretend to know what crap is coming out the hole or what chemicals they are using trying to break it down.

I think 1 scientist suggested that the oil would congeal before reaching Ireland and sink to the ocean floor in big tar balls.

• Advertisement

In your opinion RTTH, whats the most likely scenario should a tropical storm engulf the region? In that area, is the shore likely to be destroyed with oil/dead marine life? Or will it be splayed out in every direction?
    The effects of a tropical storm dose not bear thinking of.

Anyone living near a coastal town in Ireland can tell you that anything in the area becomes salty after a storm.

Could you imagine oil droplets on everything within a few miles inshore, deep sea oil booms would end up like spagetti thrown up along beaches and coastal spots. dead whales cast away inland along with beached yachts and what ever other debris would be found after a hurricane.

Your car, house, family pet, child playing in the back garden would be covered in a film of murky slime. Grass that cattle eat would become highly toxic from any of the chemicals that BP used to break down the oil, anything grown out doors would be inedible.

I would put the effects in line with a short term "fall out" :eek:

Advertisement