Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork vs. Tipperary Senior Munster Hurling Championship Quarter-Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

I see that Barry Kelly is the ref. Apparently Donal og made some disparaging comments about said referee in his book( I haven't read it).
    This stacks the odds even more against Cork, I can't see too many 50/50's going our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sonic boom

I see that Barry Kelly is the ref. Apparently Donal og made some disparaging comments about said referee in his book( I haven't read it).
    This stacks the odds even more against Cork, I can't see too many 50/50's going our way.

just be thankful yeer not playing kilkenny! kelly gives them so many soft frees id put money on that his parents are from there :D.

tipp played clare in a challenge on wed evening, several players came off injured. heard on the radio that o'mahoney and john o'brien should be ok for the cork game but there was no mention of the other injuries - kerwick, gearoid ryan etc. saw paul kelly on crutches so hes def out along with benny dunne. corbett played no part but i expect him to be back for may 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Looks like everyone will be back for Cork, bar William Egan, who wouldn't have a chance of playing anyway.

Have my ticket on the way, Blackrock terrace! Anyone else going?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

Orizio wrote: »
    Looks like everyone will be back for Cork, bar William Egan, who wouldn't have a chance of playing anyway.

Have my ticket on the way, Blackrock terrace! Anyone else going?

I am going can't wait. I'm a bit nervous have a sneaking suspicion about cork but hopefully i'll be wrong. Think it'll be a cracker of a match. Can't believe it's this time of year again! Up the premier;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Looking at putting a few bob on this, any Corkmen give me a realistic appraisal of how they think it'll go?

Can see it being a good competitive match but Tipp having too much for them and taking it by 3-6 points?

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Looking at putting a few bob on this, any Corkmen give me a realistic appraisal of how they think it'll go?

Can see it being a good competitive match but Tipp having too much for them and taking it by 3-6 points?

Cork will lose by a few points.

TBH I'd save your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

What kinda attendance will there be 25k perhaps?

cause long gone are the days off sellouts between these 2 teams,or any other teams for that matter.

What kinda attendance will there be 25k perhaps?

cause long gone are the days off sellouts between these 2 teams,or any other teams for that matter.

I'm not sure if this a wind-up but this fixture tends to be close to sell-out, 35-40k wouldn't suprise me. The league fixture had 12k, it will more then double for championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Their Munster 1st round match in Thurles last year got 35,000. I doubt it'll surpass that but I'd be surprised if it brings in less than 30k.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I reckon 33,261 - approx of course!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if this a wind-up but this fixture tends to be close to sell-out, 35-40k wouldn't suprise me. The league fixture had 12k, it will more then double for championship.

no its not a wind up.

if you look at clips of games in days gone by,they wer always,well nearly always full houses.

its very true to say that the days of sell outs are long gone,munster final last year was way short of bieng a full house.

would be vey surprised if the attendance hits 35 thousand,but we will have to wait and see.

my prediction........a cork win by 5/6 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 10 npj85

What terrace will the tipp supporters be in? Its usually the blackrock end except when playing cork i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Excellent thread you started Orizio. I have a sneaky feeling Cork will be in good fettle come match day. Tipp I think are a little over rated or being hyped up a little and Cork are under very little pressure. The Galway match will have brought Cork on a lot.

As I said a month or 2 back Cork will be in the shake up come the big days in August. Real Dark horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

LeoB wrote: »
    Excellent thread you started Orizio. I have a sneaky feeling Cork will be in good fettle come match day. Tipp I think are a little over rated or being hyped up a little and Cork are under very little pressure. The Galway match will have brought Cork on a lot.

As I said a month or 2 back Cork will be in the shake up come the big days in August. Real Dark horses.

I definitely agree. Cork will be a handful for anyone. Real contenders for Liam IMO.

LeoB wrote: »

nice one.thats my thinking also.........it was a tough league final for cork,exactly what they wanted and needed to prepare for tipp.

id say denis walsh has learned a hel of a lot from the game.
    i aggree with your assesment of tipp,a little overated,oh very capable of going all the way,no doubt but im not one of those who belive tipp are the only ones who can detrone KK this year.

anyway.hope its a fine day and a great game......Yahoooooooo the summer is deffo here when Cork and Tipp do battle in PUC:):)
    CANT WAIT.

Real contenders for Liam IMO.

:rolleyes:

Bar William Egan, Cork should have a full deck to pick from, although one would imagine Cadogan, Kenny and Cussen aren't going to be fully match fit.

Team should be announced tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I'm not being sarcastic. And they are genuine contenders for Liam. I'd place them at 3rd favourites and there is great hurlers in Cork plus a tradition of winning. Counts for a lot, and I wont be surprised to see Liam Leeside in September.

I'd place them at 3rd favourites

Christ I hate that condescending bastard! (The smiley that is, not you Orizio :))

Anyway, Cork team has been named.

1. Donal Og Cusack (Cloyne)
    2. Shane O'Neill (Bishopstown)
    3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
    4. Brian Murphy (Bride Rovers)
    5. John Gardiner (Na Piarsaigh)
    6. Ronan Curran (St. Finbarr's)
    7. Sean Og Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
    8. Tom Kenny (Grenagh)
    9. Cathal Naughton (Newtownshandrum)
    10. Ben O'Connor (Newtownshandrum)
    11. Jerry O'Connor (Newtownshandrum)
    12. Niall McCarthy (Carrigtwohill)
    13. Kieran Murphy (Sarsfields) - Captain
    14. Aisake Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
    15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)

16. Martin Coleman (Ballinhassig)
    17. Shane Murphy (Erin's Own)
    18. Eoin Dillon (Milford)
    19. Conor O'Sullivan (Sarsfields)
    20. Ray Ryan (Sarsfields)
    21. Michael Walsh (Kildorrery)
    22. Lorcan McLoughlin (Kanturk)
    23. Michael Cussen (Sarsfields)
    24. Paudie O'Sullivan (Cloyne)
    25. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
    26. Mark O'Sullivan (Dripsey)
    27. Tadgh Og Murphy (Sarsfields)
    28. Graham Callanan (Glen Rovers)
    29. Cian McCarthy (Sarsfields)
    30. Luke O'Farrell (Midleton)

• Advertisement

Looks ****e.

Daysha, would you do me a favour and put up that team/squad on my first page, and delete the 'probable' team?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Hope I'm not made eat my own words but I am actually delighted from a Tipp point of view that Aisake is starting! :p

Really want to hear what we'll be fielding Sunday and I'm reserving any prediction until then! :D

Daysha, would you do me a favour and put up that team/squad on my first page, and delete the 'probable' team?

No bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Will be interesting to see how Tipp's fowards do in this game. Someone could break out as a regular starter here, I'd love Hammersley or O' Meara to make an impact here, one more decent foward would do us the world of good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

After his performance in the League final against Galway Aisake O'hAilpin should be dropped,the man was a disgrace full forward and it's about time the Cork management forgot about him. The Tipp management must be delighted with Aisake playing full forward,advantadge to Tipp already!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I could have sworn Aisake won the first 6 balls against Tipp the last day! Had he off loaded better we would definately have scored another few goals. I think he has the capability of winning good ball against any full back, but his distribution has been poor.
    His ball winning of course depends on the type of ball being put into him, which has been sporadically fair - at best! He does not have the overall hurling skill that a full forward needs, but given the right kind of ball, he will beat his man to it, something we are sorely lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Looking at that Cork forward line I'd be a bit woried about the lack of firepower. Cork to battle well for 50 minutes and then be outscored down the stretch. Cork will be a real danger in the qualifiers though.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Looking at that Cork forward line I'd be a bit woried about the lack of firepower. Cork to battle well for 50 minutes and then be outscored down the stretch. Cork will be a real danger in the qualifiers though.

Yes, we'll certainly worry Carlow and Laois. ;)

• Advertisement

Yes, we'll certainly worry Carlow and Laois. ;)

Carlow.... definately...but Laois....;)

Advertisement