Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New restaurants for D15!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Ate in Captain Americas sunday afternoon,

no waiting for a table, waitress was attentive, got us what we wanted when we wanted it.

then came the food, the mrs was grand, i had a burger and chips, burger was tasteless, it looks great, but had no seasoning to it at all.

Very disappointed with it, also the tables could do with a table cloth maybe, even a paper one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I was in Captain Americas in Blanch recently. The burger tasted cheap. It was quite expensive as well. I won't be rushing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I was also in Captain America's recently with the missus. I was looking forward to it after a long stretched out nightmare of a work day and have to say the food was a complete let down.

Great atmosphere in the place but the burger I got was bland rubbish. I'd agree with the above that it tasted like really cheap beef. I won't be going back for food, that's for certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

My brother and his friends went to a comedy night in Captains 2 Sundays ago and were asked to be quiet by the comedian and the bouncer because they were laughing too loud :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

CA is nothing to write home about at all, and TGI's beats them hands down I think.

If I want a really good steak though (which is what I really want when I go to an "American" restaurant), the new Brownes place in the village is fantastic.

Funnily enough, janeybabe, it's owned by the same fellow who owns Brasserie 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah, I had heard that. I'm definitely going to give it a go at some stage. Everything I've head about it has been good.

Advertisement