Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New restaurants for D15!

Options
  • 01-05-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Captain America's opening in June in d'Blanch Centre as well as Wagamama (yay!) in a unit beside it.....

Near Mama & Papas.....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Jeepers, must be 25 years since I've eaten in Captain america's!
    Never tried wagamamas, but I've heard people raving about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Sa-weet! Where did you learn this? :)

Pigsback.com vouchers will be greatly appreciated moreso now :D
    Especially if Captain Americas keeps the student nights.
    Wagamama is some of the nicest food I've ever eaten, yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah there have been signs up since last week at least on the windows of the buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

anyone been to that JD Brownes steak restaurant in the village yet?, whats the steak like there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That is cool. I'd heard about CA's but not wagamamma. Excellent.

Where is JD Browne's located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D cool about the new restrauts opening up

amdublin i think its in the village near the bell side,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

nachoman wrote: »
    anyone been to that JD Brownes steak restaurant in the village yet?, whats the steak like there?

Steak there is really good, went last weekend.

Bit of an expensive place though...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

amdublin wrote: »
    That is cool. I'd heard about CA's but not wagamamma. Excellent.

Where is JD Browne's located?

main street of the blanchardstown village across from the Ulster bank which is beside the Vineyard pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Is it just me or do Captain Americas burgers taste suspiciously like BIG AL burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Penisland wrote: »
    Is it just me or do Captain Americas burgers taste suspiciously like BIG AL burgers?

What I dislike about CA burgers is they arrive at your table within about 3 mins of ordering them.... obviously they have pre-prepared them and they just assemble them as the orders come in..... (this happens in the Grafton Street one - don't know about Tallaght)

• Advertisement

What I dislike about CA burgers is they arrive at your table within about 3 mins of ordering them.... obviously they have pre-prepared them and they just assemble them as the orders come in..... (this happens in the Grafton Street one - don't know about Tallaght)

Ye BIG AL microwave burgers! The 3 minutes is prob for the chips :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Considering CA's have a lot of burgers on their menu I find them pretty poor.

But overall I like the CA experience.

And I like their cocktails! Particularly their pitcher of cocktails!

Considering CA's have a lot of burgers on their menu I find them pretty poor.

But overall I like the CA experience.

And I like their cocktails! Particularly their pitcher of cocktails!

It’s pretty poor when you can only complement a restaurant on their drinks!

Dandelion is way nicer for cocktails though!

:)

No I like the overall "experience" as well ie. the atmosphere. I like to pretend I'm in a bar in America when I'm drinking in CA's.

I don't order burgers there any more. I like their lasagne mmmm

Dandelion is not to my liking tbh.

**** it ill just go to coppers!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was in the Thirsty Bull in Tyrrelstown last night for dinner, just went up with my Sister to see what it was like.. Nay impressed tbh..

I ordered the soup for starter and I'm nearly sure it came from a packet :( watery, salty, horrible p1ss water *vom*

I got the half roast chicken which came with chips and I ordered a side portion of 'seasonal veg'

The chicken breast was tiny and dry as hell, and I got a grand total of 11 chips on my plate, yes I counted them.

The plate was huge so the food looked even more dwarfed, I think it was supposed to make the food look fancy but I was just left scratching my head.

Oh yeah and the 'seaonal veg' was frozen carrots and stringbeans which were freezing cold and not even a bit of melted butter and garnish that you would normally get to 'jazz' up the veg..

The only saving grace was that it was very reasonably priced, but tbh I'd rather pay the extra few quid and get nice food.. :o

The place itself was quite busy so I'd probably go back for a night of drinking if I'm out that direction but I won't be going back for the food..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

xzanti wrote: »
    I was in the Thirsty Bull in Tyrrelstown last night for dinner, just went up with my Sister to see what it was like.. Nay impressed tbh..

I ordered the soup for starter and I'm nearly sure it came from a packet :( watery, salty, horrible p1ss water *vom*

I got the half roast chicken which came with chips and I ordered a side portion of 'seasonal veg'

The chicken breast was tiny and dry as hell, and I got a grand total of 11 chips on my plate, yes I counted them.

The plate was huge so the food looked even more dwarfed, I think it was supposed to make the food look fancy but I was just left scratching my head.

Oh yeah and the 'seaonal veg' was frozen carrots and stringbeans which were freezing cold and not even a bit of melted butter and garnish that you would normally get to 'jazz' up the veg..

The only saving grace was that it was very reasonably priced, but tbh I'd rather pay the extra few quid and get nice food.. :o

The place itself was quite busy so I'd probably go back for a night of drinking if I'm out that direction but I won't be going back for the food..

Eugh, that sounds disgusting.

Eugh, that sounds disgusting.

I still feel dirty thinking about it :(

eeugh!

Anyone ever eaten in the plaza(?) hotel in Tyrellstown? I see they've a big sign saying some mains for €5.

I've only ever gone in there for coffee.......seems v nice decor and the staff are excellent.

Wonder what the food/dinner is like?

eeugh!

Anyone ever eaten in the plaza(?) hotel in Tyrellstown? I see they've a big sign saying some mains for €5.

I've only ever gone in there for coffee.......seems v nice decor and the staff are excellent.

Wonder what the food/dinner is like?

Yes I brought my folks up there for their anniversary few months ago.. very nice food and good service, couldn't fault it.

Have never tried the bar food but the menu looks nice..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Where at the centre is CA plan for?

Over by Mamas and Papas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's over by Maplin, Harvey Norman, DID etc?

Yup, that's right. It's by the Starbucks that's in that part of the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Random wrote: »
    That's over by Maplin, Harvey Norman, DID etc?
    Yes. I'd guess it will be in the empty property to the right of Mamas and Papas, beside the pedestrian crossing lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Steak there is really good, went last weekend.

Bit of an expensive place though...

They had an excellent deal on Wed nights, €15 for any 8oz steak (I think), as well as specials on other weekdays. This may have been for April only, though. Place was really busy when I was there.

Had the steak on a lava rock, sounded a bit gimicky but was delicious. The only issue is that the ventilation in the restaurant isn't great, so if lots of people have sizzling steak at their table it gets a bit smokey. Very good overall, would definitely go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Captain America's opening in June in d'Blanch Centre as well as Wagamama (yay!) in a unit beside it.....

Near Mama & Papas.....

A bit surprising that CA's is opening at the centre, given that TGI Fridays serves almost identical food in a better location (closer to the Leisureplex, cinema etc.). I'll admit to never being in TGI, but always thought it and CA were basically the same thing. Had my feed of CA cocktails as a student, more interested in food at this stage!

Wagamama is excellent though, might finally make the area worth going out in. A feed in Wagamama and drinks in the Crown Plaza sounds good...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Wagamama, excellent. Does anyone know where it's going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Captain Americas meh.
    Wagamamas, yum yum yum.

Jaipur in Ongar is also yummy by the way.

• Advertisement

Wagamama, excellent. Does anyone know where it's going to be?

By Mamas and Papas, Maplin, Starbucks, Homestore and More, etc. On the corner by Starbucks. At least that's where the signs are.

Advertisement