Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New restaurants for D15!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

The bar is upstairs in the Music Venue....would imagine there is no problem heading in for a few cocktails ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

How did you get on CM - what was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It's not fine dining for sure, but for what it is a noodle place I have always enjoyed it when ever I have been able to get into the city centre and it's a wonderfull take away option as well.

I was wondering if they did take away. That's good to know. :)

Have been in Captain America's twice. The chilli burger is yum but not very spicy. My boyfriend had a steak (which I would never order in CA's but he said he had a good one there before) and although it was ordered rare it was practically well done. He was starving so although he told them he just ate it anyway rather than waiting for another one. They offered us a free round of drinks. The staff in there are really really friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Was there many people upstairs?

Where did you have your drinks downstairs? Is there a bar downstairs or did you just sit and get table service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Paid my first visit to Poppadom (over Brady's Pub) last weekend and I will rate it as one of the best Indian meals I have ever had.

Food was excellent (the lamb was just so tender). The service was very attentive without been intrusive, there was eight at our table and everything arrived as per order and cooked to perfection. The place had a nice buzz to it and always a good sign, it was busy.

Nice touch the early bird menu's are from 5:00pn to 8:00pm each night.

Well worth a visit, I know I'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Myself and the missus went to captain americas for a burger last sunday and will never be back, food was tasteless and overcooked while the staff appeared pretty useless i ordered a coke (no free refill even though postmix) when the mains arrived but for some reason it never made its own way from the bar to my table and the waitress tried to drop it after we were finished and aking for the bill.

If they cant get burgers or basic service right in the first few months then there is no chance im giong back near the place. To be honest burger king would have been better.

Yet another poor eating experience in dublin, overpriced and poor service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Was at cafe bruno's recently in Castleknock Village, which has replaced trentino's. It was ok but not as tasty as trentino's was. Service is about the same. Patchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

I went to the new captain americas with my girlfriend last week and the waiter was incredibly annoying, at least once every 3-4 minutes he was asking us was everything ok with the food, the drinks, etc. I felt like saying p1ss off and let us enjoy our meal. The food was nothing special either, I found the grafton st branch much better quality.

30H!3 wrote: »
    I went to the new captain americas with my girlfriend last week and the waiter was incredibly annoying, at least once every 3-4 minutes he was asking us was everything ok with the food, the drinks, etc. I felt like saying p1ss off and let us enjoy our meal. The food was nothing special either, I found the grafton st branch much better quality.

Food is rubbish!

I was there last week. Told me my salmon would take 15/20 mins cause it was being cooked from fresh(!) - how they cook other food I don't know, if they are not cooking from fresh!!!

My friend ordered the chicken curry. It came out as a small bowl of curry sauce on a plate with rice, chips and a butterflied breast of chicken covered in light bread crumbs - I think this is the same chicken you would get if you ordered a chicken burger.

I think the food is all precooked and they just heat it up and assemble it as the orders come in.

I won't be eating there again in a hurry....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I dont understand why anyone would eat in CA's or for that matter. TGI's, Eddie Rockets, hard rock cafe etc etc. its all the same ****e food for overpriced calorie filled rubbish. for the same price you could go to Ravellos or the anglers or any other proper restaurant and get a meal cooked fresh from a proper chef at half the price..I hate fast food with a passion and dont tell me these places arent fast food. its all the same muck in a differnt package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I dont understand why anyone would eat in CA's or for that matter. TGI's, Eddie Rockets, hard rock cafe etc etc. its all the same ****e food for overpriced calorie filled rubbish. for the same price you could go to Ravellos or the anglers or any other proper restaurant and get a meal cooked fresh from a proper chef at half the price..I hate fast food with a passion and dont tell me these places arent fast food. its all the same muck in a differnt package.

McDonald's on plates as I said previously.

At least Eddie Rockets is cooked fresh to order for you......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Im in captains now. Dislike it. No atmosphere. Unimpressive food. Slow bar service

Random wrote: »
    Im in captains now. Dislike it. No atmosphere. Unimpressive food. Slow bar service

You must be finding it really bad if you are on this board while actually in the place!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

TGI's, Eddie Rockets, hard rock cafe etc etc. its all the same ****e food for overpriced calorie filled rubbish.

At least the TGI's stuff is good and the cocktail menu more than makes up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

Random wrote: »

I found this also, ordered just a regular coke with the meal, had to actually ask for it again TWICE during the meal and didn't get it until I was nearly finished.

I know some people will say, well why didn't you complain about the service or fill in the customer card etc but it's not my job to improve their service. There are plenty of alternative good quality restaurants around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I went to CA's a couple of weeks back and while there was nothing so bad that I would have to complain to management about, I just found the whole offering on the poor side. The food was ok but not great. There was just two of us yet they sat us in this massive long table for 8 near the front door so there was nothing cosy about it. There were no stools available at the small bar area while we waited 30 minutes for a table so we had to stand practically in the middle of the dining area drinking our pints. TGI Friday's is far superior on every count and while they may tend to be a little OTT American with their "Hi I'm Bob and I'll be your waiter tonight" they definitely attend to your every need (offering you more drinks at the right time, napkins, extras etc )as well as having a better bar area. Our waitress in CA's just took our orders, plonked the food on our table and that was it. We had to try and catch her attention several times to get extra drinks, napkins or condiments. Like I said the experience wasn't dreadful but just not good enough for me to say, yes, I'd like to go back there. With TGI's I go there at least twice a year and always get fantastic service - hence the repeat custom. I still welcome CA to the Dublin 15 area as the more choice the better - but they just need to look at enhancing the overall experience for the customer.

Next on my list now is Wagamama's!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I was in there today with MrsG and 2 of our children.
    We were told we had a 20min wait for a table, not a great start, but it could have been better if the waiting area was more hospitable looking!
    When we did get the table (after about 10-25mins) the waitress was very good, and we never had any trouble getting her attention.
    My food was OK, though it didn't taste as good as it looked, but my eating companions were all happier with their meals, so maybe it was just me.
    Overall, I was reasonably satisfied, but not in any great rush to go back.
    I think TGIs is better overall.

I'm looking forward to getting to the venue upstairs soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Paid my first visit to Poppadom (over Brady's Pub) last weekend and I will rate it as one of the best Indian meals I have ever had.

Food was excellent (the lamb was just so tender). The service was very attentive without been intrusive, there was eight at our table and everything arrived as per order and cooked to perfection. The place had a nice buzz to it and always a good sign, it was busy.

Nice touch the early bird menu's are from 5:00pn to 8:00pm each night.

Well worth a visit, I know I'll be back.

Based on this we went tonight for the early bird and I thought it was the worst Indian Meal I've ever eaten. Had eaten in that place in several of its previous incarnations and had liked the food even though I thought it was overpriced. The decor is totally unchanged, and the restaurant was quite dark even though it was only 6pm.

The early bird is a good deal but my starter was only ok..and my main was awful. My OH loved his starter but was underwhelmed by the main.

Service wasn't intrusive but almost to the other extreme...we were drinking beer and could have had a second if someone had been attentive.

Can't see us going back.

Edit...felt very unwell this morning...definitely not going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

If anyone is an O2 customer and are registed with O2 treats. There is an buy one main meal get one free offer for Wagamama until Thursday.

If anyone is an O2 customer and are registed with O2 treats. There is an buy one main meal get one free offer for Wagamama until Thursday.

Great, thanks for this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Another recommendation for the Park Plaza in Tyrrelstown. The €5 lunch deals in the bar are amazing value for what you get. I'd usually get the lamb shank which comes also comes with roast veg, mash and gravy. Delish!

Decided to go for dinner there last week and they also have meal deals in the restaurant so it's excallent value. Great food too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Has anybody been to Wagamamas yet?

I'm thinking of going there tonight if I can get a babysitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

suey71 wrote: »
    Has anybody been to Wagamamas yet?

Yes. It is epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Yes. It is epic :D

Second that and great high chairs for the little ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went to Brasserie 15 in Castleknock tonight. It wasn't great. The service was quite slow although everyone was polite. The food was fine but it wasn't great. The steak was tough and the steak knife was crap, or so I'm told. I wouldn't be in a rush to return.

Advertisement