Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

The bad guy in this Batman, who is he ? and whats with the mask he wears ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jcf wrote: »
    The bad guy in this Batman, who is he ? and whats with the mask he wears ?

Bane. There's a good chance his mask works in a different way in this though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

looking forward to this, I watched Batman Begins the other night - great flick, must watch TDK soon ....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think everyone's missing the point that Bane should be hispanic anyway :P
    His mother was Cabribian/Hispanic and his father British.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yeah but he grew up in a prison away from them, so no influence from their accents, if I remember Bane origins comic right...

• Advertisement

Where did i mention an accent???
    The post I quoted also didn't mention accents, it was posted before that topic came up.

I was just pointing out that he's half british so not looking hispanic isn't at odds with his origins. Even though Mickeroo was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

"Your punishment must be more severe"...love the way he says that!

Roll on July!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

"Your punishment must be more severe"...love the way he says that!

Roll on July!!

That is an awesome line, i think the exchanges between him and Batman will be enthralling to watch as Bane lauds it up over the batman

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Yeah but he grew up in a prison away from them, so no influence from their accents, if I remember Bane origins comic right...

Didn't he live in prison with his father, or did he replace his father when he died ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

dunno about the rest of the country but the Omniplex in Mahon Point in Cork is showing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight all this week,

i saw it on the cinema times app on my phone, yet it doesnt seem to be up on the Omniplex site,

for anyone that may be interested:)

• Advertisement

Andy!! wrote: »
    Didn't he live in prison with his father, or did he replace his father when he died ...
    His father was working with the rebels, the government came to arrest them, the father escaped but they got his girlfriend, who was pregnant. Corrupt court rules that the mother child must served for the crimes of the father.

His father sounds like a top guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,161 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If a justice league movie does happen. Do we really need another Batman franchise ???. Nothing is going to beat Nolans Batman.

Andy!! wrote: »
    His father sounds like a top guy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Snake

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If a justice league movie does happen. Do we really need another Batman franchise ???. Nothing is going to beat Nolans Batman.

I wouldn't say they need to reboot Batman if they want to make a JLA movie. Everyone knows who he is etc so it wouldn't be a problem in that regard. But tbh, as much as I love Nolan's movies they're not quite set in the Batman comic book universe(which is a good thing in terms of those movies, cause boy do they work!). Particularly TDK, I felt BB was more an out and out Batman movie. Though Year One and Long Holloween were obviously huge influences on both movies.

If they do reboot Batman, and I hope they do, I'd like it if they keep it dark and gritty but embrace the wider DC universe and bring in some of the more fantastical elements of the Batman comics. Not only would it be great to see that particular aspect of the universe done correctly on screen it would firmly set it apart from Nolan's movies. The way Nolan's gone about it his movies will stand alone as a great trilogy and a valid interpretation of the character in their own right leaving whoever takes up the reigns to do what they like with it.

They don't need to reboot the story per se, but I do think they will want another batman movie with another actor playing him before they do a JLA movie. Which explains their haste in rebooting so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think we'll need to see next superman movie to assess how nolan's batman would or could fit into that universe.

Liamario wrote: »
    I think we'll need to see next superman movie to assess how nolan's batman would or could fit into that universe.

That film would not fit in with Nolan's by virtue of the fact Superman is in it imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That film would not fit in with Nolan's by virtue of the fact Superman is in it imho.

I totally agree, that's why I think a Batman reboot is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

In leading up to the forthcoming release to TDKR; I've discovered there is a very important tour happening in the US at the moment in which it's website has started on the 9th May.

http://www.tumblertour.com/

You guys over there are so lucky; I can't believe it :)

Also, the NBA (National Basketball Association) have started with the makers of Mountain Dew a marekting and viral campaign. Here is an NBA TV for TDKR.

The mountain dew photos are here

http://batman-news.com/2012/05/14/warner-bros-teams-up-with-mountain-dew-for-the-dark-knight-rises-marketing-campaign/

I hope you Enjoy them. Make sure to check out more of these online videos if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Apparently a new poster :confused:

28372786372.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Apparently a new poster :confused:

28372786372.jpg

Not sure, although it isn't on the official website. I'd be surprised if they moved away from the blue motif back to the orange of TDK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I hate it! I hope that's not the final poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It is on the website now known as Poster #3.

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

The home page though, I might add is still the same as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

It is on the website now known as Poster #3.

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

The home page though, I might add is still the same as before.

Well colour me surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Yeah, not a great poster to be honest.

The first one with just the buildings and sky was far better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Not really bothered, it's not as good as the last poster but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really mean a whole lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At this late stage in the film's gestation, I'm past caring about posters. It's all about the movie at this juncture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That's horrible. It's like a poor fan effort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

To us? Yeah, as it's a rehash of old images. Not to your average movie goer though.

Advertisement