Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the worst that was ever said to you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Posy wrote: »
    A guy from another branch of the company I work for was working with me one day. He had heard of a girl that worked in my office who was a real stunner. He asked a girl, as we were sitting around on our lunch, if there was a good looking girl in the office called such-and-such. This happens to be my name too, so my friend looks in my direction and asks if he's sure he's not referring to me. He just looked at me, laughed and said "No, I said a good looking girl." What a charmer. :rolleyes:

I'm finding it hard reading some of the hurtful things people have said to those who loved them but inspired by how people can move on with life after such damaging comments. Lot of strong ladies on this forum. *Hugs*

Very similar thing happened to me when I was about 13 at school. Little ugly joker of the class says to his friend: oh i'm talking about the good looking Nicki not that Nicki (me) - I was morfified at the time! :eek: I actually met the guy a couple of months ago - he is still short and ugly, gotta love karma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

McChubbin wrote: »
    "You'd made a perfect rape victim."

Said by my ex after he commented on my naivity.

Possibly the lowest blow he could have ever inflicted, especially since he knew about my past at the time.

Gosh I'm so sorry to simply read somebody had the audacity to say that to you. I hope you punched him right in the face. What an A-hole.

I'm so sorry to all of you. You're all lovely, from what I've read on here and from the people I've chatted to on here. It's so hard to believe people can be so cruel. You've all obviously dealt well enough with it and I always think "no regrets, don't look to the past for it is the past which shaped you." I've had so many awful things said to me and done to me. Yet I think if they didn't happen, I wouldn't be the woman I am today.

One that always sticks with me that isn't very sad or anything was:

"You're a horrible little girl, you never smile and you can't pull off a short skirt".

I cried my eyes out. A manager in a clothes shop said that to me. We'd a horribly revealing uniform to wear so I always wore footless tights and converse with the skirts to dull it down a bit. Also, everyone that knows me knows I never stop smiling. I think she just didn't like me cause I didn't do what she told me (she hadn't a clue how to run a clothes shop and I had 2 years experience).

HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

A homeless person told me I should eat more! (I'm thin:D), in fact I'm so thin that when I went for an X-Ray last week the doctor told me to just stand in front of the window! Bloody cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Andrew33 wrote: »
    A homeless person told me I should eat more! (I'm thin:D), in fact I'm so thin that when I went for an X-Ray last week the doctor told me to just stand in front of the window! Bloody cheek.

Ah look at this way - he's probably dead :D

ps. Horrible stories ladies, I count myself lucky that I can't actually recall anything a colleague, ex or family member has called me that was particularly insulting. Ah sure I must be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

was out with a mate of mine for a coffee one day when I bumped into a friend and ended up sitting in a circle with her (gay) female friends who were having a drink. After a while I went out for a smoke and a little while later a few of the girls followed and stood opposite me and started a discussion about where I had gone, I was referred to as the hack with the re(tard). Couldnt give a crap what they said about me but my friend was born with a physical disability and it really pissed me off. Changed how I feel about about some people though. I should have just punched them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

zxy wrote: »
    was out with a mate of mine for a coffee one day when I bumped into a friend and ended up sitting in a circle with her (gay) female friends who were having a drink. After a while I went out for a smoke and a little while later a few of the girls followed and stood opposite me and started a discussion about where I had gone, I was referred to as the hack with the re(tard). Couldnt give a crap what they said about me but my friend was born with a physical disability and it really pissed me off. Changed how I feel about about some people though. I should have just punched them.

That's the pits. Absolute lowest of the low. A person with a disability is fragile enough as it is. What if he had heard it himself? Imagine what damage it would have done.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

A "friend" in school (20 years ago) said to me "you're really ugly when you smile". I still cover my mouth when I smile or laugh because I'm so self-conscious of it.
    Cheers Mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

funny what sticks with you. sometimes a throwaway comment by someone will hurt without them even realising.

my ex told me (while we were together) that his friend who id only recently met told him that he had awful taste in women. my reaction was along the lines of "WTF why the HELL would you say that to me?!". his reaction was "i gave out to him like" or something along them lines. i dont know if he was just an idiot or if he was trying to destroy what little self confidence i had. it worked :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Don't know what the worst thing that's been said about me is. I don't think I'd commit it to memory tbh.

Some of ye could do with toughening up a bit tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

i dont know if he was just an idiot or if he was trying to destroy what little self confidence i had. it worked

A bit of both I'd say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

''You're the reason this family is in debt''

My mom said that to me during my last year of college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i was sitting with a group of my classmates from college, and someone said to the whole group "guess which girl from our class has had plastic surgery?"

one of the guys looked me up and down and then said, with a sneer on his face, "well it definitely wasnt sam34"

cant say i was particularly hurt, as this guy is an a55hole who i dont care about, but it was a nasty comment nonetheless.

my sister once tried to hurt me by pointing out, at a family gathering, that i was the only one in the family who was "totally and utterly alone" (she was divorced but had a kid, all other siblings married). it was a pointed barb designed to hurt, but it backfired as i was happily single at the time and it showed her up for the bitter individual she was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭FreeHugs

"Go home, take a load of pills and do us all a favour"

A customer once said this to me when I was working in a shop. I hate retail

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rediguana25

keane2097 wrote: »
    Don't know what the worst thing that's been said about me is. I don't think I'd commit it to memory tbh.

Some of ye could do with toughening up a bit tbh.

Sometimes it's hard not to let things get to u though.. But by recounting the horrible things that was said to you I think your just hurting yourself. What was said was said and that was then. After that all the thoughts or energy you give to it is just you keeping up the negativity. Deep breaths, dust urself off and put it aside knowing that you are special and something somebody says to you is just their opinion- but ur opinion of urself is infinitely more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wasnt directly to me but it bugs me to this day, worked with a girl who had a bad stammer when she got flustered or nervous, you wouldnt know it when she was calm and she was the life and soul of the party to meet her out and in good form, but if she got panicked she couldnt get words out at all. Anyway one day this guy asked her something while we were standing beside each other at our tills, and she was struggling to say anything, and this utter cockbag impatiently turned to me and asked me the same thing, I (as politely as I could ) said she would deal with his query and he responded with "well I dont have all day to wait while she splutters out some words, why is she even working here?"

Well, at that moment it took everything I had to stop me utterly ruining this guy in the insult department, I went upstairs a few mins later and found her bawling, some people are just beyond pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

keane2097 if you don't like this topic then don't comment on it - your post was neither constructive or particularly pleasant and it has been deleted. I think you should leave the thread be for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

Not sure if I over reacted but this really got me...
    Was walking down the street with an ex boyfriend couple of years back, and a group of guys walk past us - one grabs my ass the other says something sleazy about my 'tits', you know the sort of thing.

I looked over to my boyfriend who really sarcastically, without caring less goes 'Awwwh, does someone feel exploited?'

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

xoixo wrote: »
    I looked over to my boyfriend who really sarcastically, without caring less goes 'Awwwh, does someone feel exploited?'

That's awful! I'd expect a more angry response from my OH if someone grabbed me like that. I can't believe he said that to you! :eek: I'd have blown my top if that was me! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sumatra

I hope you don't mind, but I plan on using that one.
    awful, but so do I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 breakinglights

Jeez some people eh?? Slaps deserved all round ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

krudler wrote: »
    Wasnt directly to me but it bugs me to this day, worked with a girl who had a bad stammer when she got flustered or nervous, you wouldnt know it when she was calm and she was the life and soul of the party to meet her out and in good form, but if she got panicked she couldnt get words out at all. Anyway one day this guy asked her something while we were standing beside each other at our tills, and she was struggling to say anything, and this utter cockbag impatiently turned to me and asked me the same thing, I (as politely as I could ) said she would deal with his query and he responded with "well I dont have all day to wait while she splutters out some words, why is she even working here?"

Well, at that moment it took everything I had to stop me utterly ruining this guy in the insult department, I went upstairs a few mins later and found her bawling, some people are just beyond pricks.

As a lady with a stutter I know how she feels! God, I try not to let it bother me, but I really hate when I'm at work trying to say something to someone and they just staaaare at me, which makes me nervous, and I stutter more!
    Twice as a child I was made fun of to my face about and I was so upset. It's not something I can control, leave me alone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I hope you don't mind, but I plan on using that one.

IMO that level of pure spite is the sort of thing that demeans the person saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Giselle wrote: »
    IMO that level of pure spite is the sort of thing that demeans the person saying it.

Noooo no, I'm gonna say it to my friend/boss. We try to insult each other as much as possible in front of customers without them noticing and without us reacting to each other. I'll totally win. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

That's awful! I'd expect a more angry response from my OH if someone grabbed me like that. I can't believe he said that to you! :eek: I'd have blown my top if that was me! :mad:

Relieved to know I wasn't over reacting!
    A muttering of 'scumbags' or pulling me closer into him... any small reaction like that would have been all I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Was told once i should kill myself in a way that would make me end up in little pieces so it would be easier for me to be carried. I have been called a number of degrading things, but with the above statement the other worst thing that was said to me was after i had confided in someone very closed to me that i had been attacked a few years before. I was informed i was damaged goods and that no one would ever want me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Jules wrote: »
    Was told once i should kill myself in a way that would make me end up in little pieces so it would be easier for me to be carried. I have been called a number of degrading things, but with the above statement the other worst thing that was said to me was after i had confided in someone very closed to me that i had been attacked a few years before. I was informed i was damaged goods and that no one would ever want me.

Jesus Christ. I hope whoever said that is now burning in hell! People are pricks.

If I went through the various negative things people have said about me I'd be here for ages. But one of the worst things anyone said to me was that I'm the cheekiest person they've ever met and they hope one day I'm cheeky to the wrong person and they batter me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

jenny4385 wrote: »
    after 5 years 'i dont love you anymore'

After 5 years " I never loved you anyway"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ocokev wrote: »
    After 5 years " I never loved you anyway"
    Defo worse. Same thing was said to a mate of mine. After near enough the same length of time his fiance dumped him 6 months before the wedding with pretty much the same line. She called around to me soon after(as we had been mates first) and told me "I dont think I ever loved him, I was just going through the motions. Ive met someone new I love more(two days previously BTW) I can't understand why he's so upset, as I was just being honest". She also informed him of the new guy too. She had no clue. So I went through the motions and asked her to leave and not contact me again and she started crying and couldnt fathom why I didnt want to know. Some people are just dicks unfortunately. *shrug*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

You werent giving him what he needed so he came to me!

My best friend about my boyfriend - my first love :eek:

Advertisement