Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email from "John Murphy" - WTF?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Looks like PROC does have some form of moderation after all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

samf wrote: »

I'm surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

samf wrote: »

That thread was truly shocking. They all effectively encouraged him. I guarantee you that not one of them has ever opened up a Psychology book in their lives. Cretins the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

I guarantee you that not one of them has ever opened up a Psychology book in their lives. Cretins the lot of them.

That quote demands some sarcastic reply that I'm not witty enough to come up with, but come on like!

You don't need a psychology book for common sense. That forum is all about sniping at whoever's on it, and is much more no holds barred than other forums, which is why 'John Murphy' probably went there: more exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭m2wua0ox56iz93

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Since UCC changed not only the search function but also our email addresses.... how the hell is he getting them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

He probably had a database of student emails saved on his own computer already.

Smart lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Yeah all he'd have to do is replace @student.UCC.ie with @umail.UCC.ie. Embarrasing for UCC that they let this happen again but to be fair to them there's not much they could do about it. And on fairness at least it's a bit more entertaining than most of the other all student emails.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It came to our name address rather than our student number - sent at 5.11 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I got the very long email and a lot of "stupid" etc in it!!

Scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I just heard about this and checked my ucc mail since it still works (though I graduated) and I got it so it's not just current students. Also I never got it last year and my name is not something you'd search for so that is rather weird. He must have access to some sort of list he is taking emails from.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Got the email myself even though I'm no longer a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did anyone reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

There's a bit in the echo tonight about this recent email. Apparently this guys name actually is Padraig Hogan and staff have an injunction against him due to threats of voilence etc.. Picture of the guy and all. Ex elec eng student apparently, expelled at some stage.

Not sure if he is the same author as the original John Murphy one at all..

Advertisement