Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Army

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

slavik wrote: »
    I'm strongly thinking of a career in the royal armoured corps, looking at joining the household cavalry, or one of the other formation recce regiments, I'd like the mounted ceremonial element as well as the armoured end of it, I'd probably be the only Irish lad in the regiment. Nice to see a lot of other Irish guys pursuing an opportunity with the BA I would have joined the PDF but with the recruitment ban it wasn't possible and I've turned 24 so its definitely a non runner for me.

Queens Royal Hussars might be worth a look, strong connects with Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

discus wrote: »
    Mate, they entertain all manners of nutters from day to day, if you come in with a bit of keeness and a head on your shoulders they go along with your wishes, they are aware that not everyone from ireland has the exposure to what's what in the BA. Thanks ****. My original one was Biomedical Scientist, Gunner Forward Observer, RIR...Jesus!

Mate cheers for the advice. I was in college with a ex RIR for me postgrad. He just left and he was a great source of information about what the training is like and the life in the barracks and afghan itself.
    Im thinking about going up to talk to a recruiter but im not too sure about what to ask him. Im between too minds about going in as a regular soldier or as a medic and doing my time or chancing a cadetship. What kind of things should i be asking the recruiter if i decide to go up?
    Sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

I have made the call today. I am going up to belfast in 2 weeks. I am also going to speak to the royal navy. What should i be doing to prepare for this meeting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Stop posting timings and locations of where you're going online.

Advertisement