Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football NCAA 2010 Season rankings, games/play action, calls, players, rants

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

TD Tigers
    24-14 Bama
    Top of 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They need a stop on this drive or its over. 24-14 as I type but a bad kickoff there means that the Tide start at the 40.

Wow, this will be some comeback if they complete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wow, this will be some comeback if they complete it.

Jinxed it :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jinxed it :pac:

Great stop there for a field goal. And tbh I'm kinda hoping that Alabama win it. I think Boise are the best team in the country and I'd like to see them get to the big game. I think the Ducks are the second best team too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

28-27 Tigers
    No TOs left for either team
    Bama possession
    4th down and 10 in Bama country
    35 seconds left in game
    Incomplete pass
    Tigers win
    Super comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Need Arizona to pull off a miracle tonight then :(

Arizona up 19-14 at the half, which is better than how I thought they'd do. Could really have done with a TD instead of a FG on that last drive though. This reminds me too much of the Stanford game, so I fully expect Oregon to crush Arizona in the second half.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Arizona up 19-14 at the half, which is better than how I thought they'd do. Could really have done with a TD instead of a FG on that last drive though. This reminds me too much of the Stanford game, so I fully expect Oregon to crush Arizona in the second half.

Yeah its very likely their D tires in the second half and the Ducks run away with it.

That's probably game right there. Silly penalty to give away, even more frustrating considering he shanked the field goal. Bloody hell.

• Advertisement

Jaysus:eek: The Broncos lost after leading 24-7 at the half against Nevada. They were all over them in the first half and I didn't bother watching the second half. Just look at ESPN now and seen they lost in overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Gutted Boise State lost and what a terrible way to lose missing 2 field goals. It would have been fantastic to see them have a shot at the National championship. Fair play to Nevada though, an amazing comeback

The Fighting Irish play the Trojans at 5PM (PST) today in LA. ABC is telecasting. It may be a very close game. QB Barkley was injured last game, and was limping a bit during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The Fighting Irish play the Trojans at 5PM (PST) today in LA. ABC is telecasting. It may be a very close game. QB Barkley was injured last game, and was limping a bit during the week.

Mustain gets the start tonight doesn't he? 1st start since he left Arkansas 4 years ago.

Word on campus suggests Mitch Mustain will play, as Barkley's ankle sprain has not healed completely. Mustain better improve is pass completions, as last week's 47% will not cut it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Word on campus suggests Mitch Mustain will play, as Barkley's ankle sprain has not healed completely. Mustain better improve is pass completions, as last week's 47% will not cut it.

As my previous post the reason i asked that question was because it was confirmed this morning that he was starting. When you said Berkely was struggling I thought you knew something we didn't. As for his performance cut the guy some slack also he hasn't started in his entire time at USC.

Less than a half hour to kickoff, and Lane Kiffin better be sure to win today's game against the Fighting Irish, as well as next week's game against the Bruins, as both these opponents are considered the ultimate rivals of USC going back generations. In a school where football is king, the alumni will not be very forgiving if the first year head coach loses either of these games.

Come on the Irish. Nice start there, lets get a score now.

Michael Floyd will be a superstar in the NFL imo.

It's a shame that Justin Blackmon is banged up for Oklahoma State. He's an absolute freak of a WR. Have a feeling he could declare for this year's draft too. I know it's one of the deeper WR classes in recent years, but AJ Greene aside (because let's face it, Greene is the best WR prospect since Megatron) I don't think there's a WR who is better than Blackmon. I certainly prefer him to Jones and Baldwin.

• Advertisement

Oh my God. The most amazing defensive play in the Oklahoma, Oklahoma State game. Landry Jones throws the ball, it's heading out of bounds, and Brodrick Brown the Oklahoma State CB leaps out of bounds, and in mid air knocks the ball back into bounds so his fellow defender can catch it for an interception. Fantastic awareness and improvisation. My goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

^This!

One of the most impressive showings of quick thinking i've seen since i started watching American Football! Ridik!

Here's a video of the play. Fantastic.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5857742

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

And Robert Hughes (game-winning TD) trots off into Notre Dame Football lore.......

The eight-year winless streak ends this evening and NDNation rejoices!

No need for a game critique at this time, just enjoying the W.

Likely on to the Champs Sports Bowl....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

If Stanford doesn't get a bid to a BCS bowl it will be a disgrace.

deisedude wrote: »
    Gutted Boise State lost and what a terrible way to lose missing 2 field goals. It would have been fantastic to see them have a shot at the National championship. Fair play to Nevada though, an amazing comeback

The kid who missed the field goals is now getting death threats because of it. Obviously these are rarely serious threats, but still a bloody disgrace. The local media havent been too supportive either apparently. Instantly reminds me of the infamous Mike Gundy rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Archimedes wrote: »
    The kid who missed the field goals is now getting death threats because of it. Obviously these are rarely serious threats, but still a bloody disgrace. The local media havent been too supportive either apparently. Instantly reminds me of the infamous Mike Gundy rant.

It's Cowboy land up there.

I'd be hightailing it out of there ASAP if I were the kicker. No excuse for death threats. Boise state should have been 30 points up by the end of the game anyway. TCU might well have passed them in the coaches poll.

I'd like to put a bet on an orgy of dodgy pass interference, roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness and non-pass interference calls against Oregon State and South Carolina today. God forbid TCU should gatecrash the party.

;)

Cam Newton is having such a field day already

• Advertisement

Hail Mary from Cam Newton to end the first half :eek:

Advertisement