Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Top Goalscorer

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Paddypower were doing a special yesterday for Rooney not to score at World Cup! Think was 11/1 ya could always do that to cover yourself if he gets an injury !

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Potentially $500 coming my way had that free kick me two inches lower :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,598 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

They go by number of assists......if that's a tie....I dunno....measure the glamour muscles or something.

Do shoot out penalties count as goals scored??

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/awards/goldenboot/index.html

The number of assists then the fewest number of minutes on the pitch. This puts Mueller ahead for now. I think the bookies only take into account number of goals though?

Shootout goals don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

ya bookies only count goals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i have spain to win and villa top scorer at 20/1 how the hell will they figure that out? i feel i'm gonna get shafted....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭The Davestator

i have spain to win and villa top scorer at 20/1 how the hell will they figure that out? i feel i'm gonna get shafted....

I have the same bet but only got 12/1 before a ball was kicked - FAIL FOR ME!

I'd imagine they pay out if the top goal scorer is level at the end because they Villa (hopefully) will be top scorer, just not the only one

Maybe wishful thinking on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

williamhill have told me that they are paying out full odds at 65% of the stake if the top scorer is level with another player.

hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Anybody know if Paddy power paying out if joint top scorer or will they go on assists like fifa? Got Forlan from the start so potentially could be joint top if Villa and sneijder dont score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The fifa golden boot rules won't apply if your bet was simply "top goalscorer".
    I have a few quid on Muller at 140-1, so hoping Villa and Sneider do nothing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Won money on Forlan :D

Still a bit annoyed at Sneijder getting that goal awarded to him against Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Will the bookies not just say that Fifa have awarded the top scorer to Mueller and only pay out on him? I know prior to the World Cup PP had something like 'as listed on Fifa.com' or something to that effect for award bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Betfair have already paid out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

1/4 odds payout with a villa and spain double with paddy power. That can't be right can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Burner- wrote: »
    Won money on Forlan :D

Still a bit annoyed at Sneijder getting that goal awarded to him against Brazil.

Sick that Villa missed that peno

Warper wrote: »
    Sick that Villa missed that peno

Alonso?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Villa missed one against Honduras

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

I had money on Sneijder and Mueller for top goal scorer and paddy power only paid out 1/4 of the odds.

Kod-box wrote: »
    Villa missed one against Honduras

ahh alright. missed that one was on holidays. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Had €10 on Forlan at 66/1 with PP and got 1/4 of the total I would've gotten because of the four sharing so I got €167.50.

Not bad at all, but how I wish he had scored that shot that hit the crossbar vs Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

Here is their explanation.
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/help

So is FIFA going to chop the boot in four dont think so.

• Advertisement

HighWire wrote: »
    Here is their explanation.
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/help

So is FIFA going to chop the boot in four dont think so.

It's decided on the number of assists when folks have the same number of goals, if that's still a tie then the dude who played least minutes wins the Golden Boot. Mueller won the Golden Boot. If the bookies applied those rules most folks would be collecting f all.

Advertisement