Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Top Goalscorer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

I fancy Rooney to score at least one goal in every game he plays in. Just a matter of how far England go really. Although with Ferdinand as captain probably not too far.

Paddypower were doing a special yesterday for Rooney not to score at World Cup! Think was 11/1 ya could always do that to cover yourself if he gets an injury !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I fancy Rooney to score at least one goal in every game he plays in. Just a matter of how far England go really. Although with Ferdinand as captain probably not too far.

:pac:

jinxed him....out now for the whole World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Emile Heskey 150/1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭alitoast

injured in a challenge by Heskey, just keep Hesk and Rooney on opposite ends of the pitch during any further training sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blaablaablaa

Kod-box wrote: »
    :pac:

jinxed him....out now for the whole World Cup
    ****....they might win it now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Van persie is 40/1. ****. I put a tenner on yesterday with holland to win the wc and van persie as top scorer and only got 40/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Robhino;)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭alitoast

would like to put 50 on one player here and its a difficult market to predict, the way i look at it you need a player who could potentially score a hat trick against a minnow in the group stages, takes team penos and free kciks, or a player who will score consistantly if his team goes all the way.... (genius i know!!)

i think Brazil could hockey the koreans in their first game and portugal could do likewise so i'm torn between Ronaldo and Fabiano....does fabiano take pens at all, i think its kaka. if it was fabiano i'd lump on him.

Ronaldo with this new ball could do wreck but the portugese mightened get too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

anyone know where i can get a list of top goalscorers for the qualifiers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,783 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

alitoast wrote: »
    would like to put 50 on one player here and its a difficult market to predict, the way i look at it you need a player who could potentially score a hat trick against a minnow in the group stages, takes team penos and free kciks, or a player who will score consistantly if his team goes all the way.... (genius i know!!)

i think Brazil could hockey the koreans in their first game and portugal could do likewise so i'm torn between Ronaldo and Fabiano....does fabiano take pens at all, i think its kaka. if it was fabiano i'd lump on him.

Ronaldo with this new ball could do wreck but the portugese mightened get too far.

It might only take 5 or 6 to win it judging from recent history. Miroslav Klose won with 5 last time and he was joint runner up with 5 in 2002. If he get 5 this time he will equal the all time record. He has not been in great form recently but I wouldn't write him off. He is around 33/1.

http://www.goldenboot.me.uk/world_cup_golden_boot_winners/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

What are the bookies doing if this is a draw with 2+ players top scorer?

It might only take 5 or 6 to win it judging from recent history. Miroslav Klose won with 5 last time and he was joint runner up with 5 in 2002. If he get 5 this time he will equal the all time record. He has not been in great form recently but I wouldn't write him off. He is around 33/1.

http://www.goldenboot.me.uk/world_cup_golden_boot_winners/

Yeah was just looking at him, got 7 goals in qualifying. He was their top scorer and Podolski was next with 6. He could knock a few in against Australia, and I can see them getting as far as the semi finals. Will probably go for ew

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    What are the bookies doing if this is a draw with 2+ players top scorer?

Think the odds are split, so if its joint between two the odds are divided by 2, if joint between 3, the odds are divided by 3 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Kyromancer

I fancy David Villa. He should score a good few goals in the group. I mean, Chile, Honduras, and Switzerland?

Though, I'll probably put a tenner on Villa, Messi, Fabiano, and Klose. If one of them get it, I make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If Portugal fail to beat Brazil then they should be facing Spain in the second round with the later being obvious favourites.

Wouldn't back Ronaldo because of this. I'd be more interested in this bet.

D Villa V C Ronaldo Goalscorer Match Bets

D Villa 8/11
    Draw 10/3
    C Ronaldo 11/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

S.M.B. wrote: »
    If Portugal fail to beat Brazil then they should be facing Spain in the second round with the later being obvious favourites.

Wouldn't back Ronaldo because of this. I'd be more interested in this bet.

D Villa V C Ronaldo Goalscorer Match Bets

D Villa 8/11
    Draw 10/3
    C Ronaldo 11/5

Where's that from? Very interesting bet considering Ronaldo does not seem to score much for Portugal.

VC bet have Van Persie @ evens to outscore tevez, bet of the tournament there.

Really?? this is a cracking bet!! Doubt Tevez will even start for Argentina !

yup its NAP'd on bettingzone.

I gotta get on this !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

That price was gone last week i think was amazing though

I have these ones

World Cup 2010 Goalscorer Match Bets : Aguero v Forlan
    World Cup 2010 Goalscorer Match Bets : Villa v Torres
    World Cup 2010 Goalscorer Match Bets : Tevez v Robinho
    World Cup 2010 Goalscorer Match Bets : Messi v Ronaldo

Just put a fiver each way on Robinho today @ 40/1. 3 goals in the last 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Think the odds are split, so if its joint between two the odds are divided by 2, if joint between 3, the odds are divided by 3 etc

Hmmm.. thought it would be something along those lines, but just checked PP and betfair dead heat rules and it's your stake that's split rather than the odds, so your returns would be slightly less than if the odds were split...

/me learns something new today.

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Hmmm.. thought it would be something along those lines, but just checked PP and betfair dead heat rules and it's your stake that's split rather than the odds, so your returns would be slightly less than if the odds were split...

/me learns something new today.

It actually happened a while back, someone have a treble with nicky maynard to become top goalscorer in the championship, he finished joint top on the last day of the season and the guy won 25,000 instead of 50,000

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

8/11 for Messi to be Barca's top scorer at the WC on Boylesports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Burner- wrote: »
    8/11 for Messi to be Barca's top scorer at the WC on Boylesports.

If that includes David Villa its not a good price.

terrible bet when Villa plays for them too ^

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Free money so, cause out of the rest none will score many at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

robbie1977 wrote: »
    David Villa looks a great bet a 10/1 with torres out injured he might miss the start of the tournament.
    villa takes the penos aswell and spain will score a bucket load of goals in that group.

I disagree and think those odds are quite poor but its all about opinions
    Good luck with it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

amiable wrote: »
    I disagree and think those odds are quite poor but its all about opinions
    Good luck with it though

l wish l could get 10/1 now 8/1 seems to best around now.

nearly all the odds for most of the players have shortened.

Advertisement