Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Top Goalscorer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Which is why I have the e/w on Podolski @ 50/1. 6 goals in qualifying for a team that should score in every group game and should get a quarter final at least unless they meet England in the last 16.

Need at least 3 more from Podolski I reckon. Not too many goals anywhere but if Germany progress I expect a couple more from him. Worryingly taken off in the first game though and plays very wide.

Level top goalscorer though! The 1 goal club after 16.5games:

Gabriel Heinze
    Elano
    Maicon
    Jean Beausejour
    Steven Gerrard
    Cacau
    Miroslav Klose
    Thomas Müller
    Lukas Podolski
    Asamoah Gyan
    Daniele De Rossi
    Keisuke Honda
    Ji Yun-Nam
    Lee Jung-Soo
    Park Ji-Sung
    Rafael Márquez
    Dirk Kuyt
    Winston Reid
    Antolín Alcaraz
    Gelson Fernandes
    Róbert Vittek
    Robert Koren
    Siphiwe Tshabalala
    Clint Dempsey
    Diego Forlán

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Forlan now top with 2, i'd say 5 or 6 will win it at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Come on Klose!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Diego's odds dropping massively. Down to 12s and 9s at some places.

75/1 at the beginning was always way too generous imo, but I won't be complaining if it comes in!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ALTESSE12

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Diego's odds dropping massively. Down to 12s and 9s at some places.

75/1 at the beginning was always way too generous imo, but I won't be complaining if it comes in!
    its all over after that...PP will payout on Higuain now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Higuain is only 2/1 now, very short IMO with so much football to play.

I told everyone I was backing Forlan at 66/1 but I typically changed my mind and did Van Persie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Got Forlan at 66/1 each way back in May. Also got Higuain at 18/1 outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

I logged onto Oddschecker to see what odds Higuain was after his hat trick. Stan James were offering 11/1. Logged onto SJ in record quick time only to see it was 9/4......ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

David Villa will come good imo.You got to remember he's only played once while Forlan and Higuain have both played two games(and both scored in the second game only).Spain have Chile and Honderus next and hopefully Villa will bag a few goals!Got him at 8/1 e/w:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

!james wrote: »
    Germany - Klose 28/1 usually turns up at big events although not playing at Bayern

Not a hope, sure hes passed it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

super-rush wrote: »
    Got him at 16/1 in my local bookies on Friday. Stuck 50 on him.

Share the pain.. :(
    Had 50 on Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Have Klose at 11/1 since the kick off of the match he got sent off in... but he might be comin good now . . . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I just remembered 3rd place playoff counts too, so Klose could well be value at 4/1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Kersh wrote: »
    Have Klose at 11/1 since the kick off of the match he got sent off in... but he might be comin good now . . . :D

I've got him at 33/1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Come on David Villa!!!Got him @ 8/1 before the start of the tournament.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Morzadec wrote: »
    I've got him at 33/1 :D

42.0 but layed it at 5.2.

That'll do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Boylesports still have Wesley Snejder at 5/1 to be top goalscorer!

http://www.boylesports.com/Areas/SportsHome/template_1_UK/index.html?navigationtypes=HOME#navigationtypes=FOOTBALL&bo-navigation=top,22369.1&market-group=70977.1

Crazy odds considering he is now level with Villa on 5 goals. Unfortunately I don't have an online account but I recommend those that do with Boylesports to get on that. I'll be up at the crack at dawn to see if he is still that price!

• Moderators Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Not one bit crazy at all.

Villa has two games to play in, Snjeider only has one. Also Klose has two games to play in and he's not far away at all. He's 5/1 for a reason. :)

Forlan can still do it with a brace in the playoff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Happy to have Forlan at 75/1 but looking to cover it with a bet on one of the favs, probably Torres.
    Forlan can still do it with a brace in the playoff :D
    you didnt lay him off?!!!
    I back him @75 as well, layed him at ~10
    He is struggling for fitness now, think you should lay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Question, how does each-way betting work in the top goalscorer market? I mean most bookies pay on 4 places each way, so if I backed someone each way and they scored twice while the top goalscorer got 5, does that mean I'd get paid?

Or is it decided some other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Question, how does each-way betting work in the top goalscorer market? I mean most bookies pay on 4 places each way, so if I backed someone each way and they scored twice while the top goalscorer got 5, does that mean I'd get paid?

Or is it decided some other way?

That would be top 4 scores.
    Top 4 scorers are the 4 who scored the most. or for example if one scored 5 and 6 scored 4 the one who scored five would be paid in full and the other 6 would dividwe 3 places between them i.e. half the money

EI111 wrote: »
    That would be top 4 scores.
    Top 4 scorers are the 4 who scored the most. or for example if one scored 5 and 6 scored 4 the one who scored five would be paid in full and the other 6 would dividwe 3 places between them i.e. half the money

thats a pretty convuluted answer, long day at work.
    The answer is you need to be in the top 4 people rather than top 4 total scores.

Okay, when you say half the money do you mean half what you'd get if he won (i.e. the bookies would actually be paying half for 2nd-6th even though it was only advertised as 2nd-4th) or do you mean half the each-way winnings (i.e. if I put €10 e-w on a 20/1 scorer, I'd only be getting €52.50)?

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Okay, when you say half the money do you mean half what you'd get if he won (i.e. the bookies would actually be paying half for 2nd-6th even though it was only advertised as 2nd-4th) or do you mean half the each-way winnings (i.e. if I put €10 e-w on a 20/1 scorer, I'd only be getting €52.50)?

http://www.betting-explained.com/LearnBetting/what_are_the_dead_heat_rules.htm

Cool, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,744 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Just saw a statistic that the third place team have provided the Golden Boot winner in 9 previous World Cups.

What happens in the event of a tie? Bets wise of course

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What happens in the event of a tie? Bets wise of course

Wondering this myself. Would it be like a dead heat ... 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 the odds?
    I backed Forlan myself .. got him at 66's before the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

They go by number of assists......if that's a tie....I dunno....measure the glamour muscles or something.

Do shoot out penalties count as goals scored??

Advertisement