Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Megathread - ALL VRT DISCUSSION IN HERE - Read First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Stekelly wrote: »
    You may as well be done because repeating the same wrong post doesn't make it true.

Right answer this question directly and not any other bits you wantto add.

At the moment a pre tax car is artificially cheaper to buy here because of vrt than in the uk so where are the hoards of uk buyers coming here to buy new cars and taking them home? Under your plan the most likely scenario is that the pre tax price will be brought in to line with the uk so there wouldbe noincentive for anyone in the uk to come here. Plus when your increasedvat is added we're back to higher costing cars than the uk.

So in summary : at the moment it's marginally cheaper for someone in the uk to buy their car here tax free and take it home, but they don't.

Why would they come here and buy a banger spec car ? So say they want to get an equal spec car - the price here to do that is excessive - way more than the cost of a better spec in UK. Neutralising any cost benefit. Plus the hassle of coming here.

Now you answer a direct question - are you a dealer ?
    R.O.R wrote: »
    Why the fcuk should I bother looking at the maths of someone who obviously doesn't know anything about the Motor Industry, when I have been doing these sums myself for the last 7 years?

Wow hold up here buddy. If my math is wrong then show me. Math is math its right or its wrong. Prove I'm wrong and I'll shut up, or you admit you are wrong and shut up.
    I work in leasing. Simplified that takes what we can buy the car for, less what we can sell if for and you pay the difference over 3 or 4 years. That's essentially the cost to change of ownership for a private individual.
    So you pay the same as I do on the forecourt do you ? You don't get a discount from Audi, BMW, Toyota, whoever for buying in bulk no ?
    Since the VRT changes in 2008 the monthly costs have increased for ALL vehicles. Even though the price has come down, the difference between purchase price and sale price has increase quite a bit.
    That has nothing to do with VRT and EVERYTHING to do with the economic collapse. I mean you are aware of the global recssion people out of jobs, pay cuts etc. Many of those people who used buy a shiny new car every year are not in negative equity. Cars not really so important to them now. Don't ya think this might, MIGHT, just have a knock on effect on car prices new or second hand ? Supply and demand. Demand went down. Basic market forces. We've been over this.
    Do your figures pulled out of the air say differently? I'd prefer to count on my years of experience rather than someone who's just made stuff up.

So provide figures of your own then. Appeals to authority carry no weight with me. Especially on an internet forum where we can all claim to be professor of very smart things.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why would they come here and buy a banger spec car ? So say they want to get an equal spec car - the price here to do that is excessive - way more than the cost of a better spec in UK. Neutralising any cost benefit. Plus the hassle of coming here.

Now you answer a direct question - are you a dealer ?

Nope, but I can sort your plumbing for you if you ever hve an issue :)

As I said the price difference pre tax now is just artificial because of VRT. If VRT goes, so does the artificially low pre tax price. Either way, now or after vrt was gotten rid of, people in the UK are'nt and wont be flocking here to buy new cars. Even if they were it would be of little benefit to out tax take as they would be buying them ex vat anyway.
    Have you compared spec on cars in the last few years btw? Admittedly I've only check French cars but theres little or no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Go read the math I posted. its still a reduction. Just not a huge one. You buy a new car in the UK you VAT if there. You bring it here you VAT it here and have to clai the UK VAT back. SO it requires significant outlay even if you get some back later. This is a significant deterrrant to buying new in the uk. Buying 'second hand' and VAT doesn't come into it in either country.

Uk buyers would like to come here cause the would not have to pay VRT in order to register here before exporting (VRT they can't get back), and end up only paying uk vat at 17.5% saving them money making it worthwhile

If the pre-tax price of the car is the same in both countries, then they are paying the exact same whether they buy here or the UK? The only place they may gain is in currency exchange rates.

The pre-tax price WILL change. It would make sense for manufacturers to lump UK and Ireland together and build cars to the same specification to the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Any One

Hmm I wouldn't say lowering taxes led to the financial collapse I'd say lax lending policies and lack of financial regulation did that. Sure reduce employers prsi. Do it as well. I really don't buy your idea that this woudl be a short term option. We are talkign abut opening up markets int he uk whichi would give the irish economy a great boost and create jobs etc.

Oh jesus would you get over this. THere was ONE story about some crazy soccer mom. There ARE NOT 10,000 people doing this.

Straw man. We have not been said anything about increasing fuel prices that last 5 pages or so. WE have been suggesting increasing VAT on new cars.

For the last time - you could sell your cars to the North and the UK. You would remove the incentive to buy in the uk for irish people. More people would buy here.

Christ the UK/NI is a far bigger market to sell into than here. THis not complicated. To be honest it really seems like you have some vested interest in retainging VRT. Are you a car dealer yourself ?

Really?

So all the storys that were in the papers & on the local radio stations about people getting their cars seized by Customs were all made up and only one person got their car seized?

And therefore the 10,612 members that are on the other VRT facebook page are only jumping the band wagon and would in fact pay the VRT if they had to?

Thanks for letting me know as i didn't know that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Any One wrote: »
    Really?

So all the storys that were in the papers & on the local radio stations about people getting their cars seized by Customs were all made up and only one person got their car seized?

And therefore the 10,612 members that are on the other VRT facebook page are only jumping the band wagon and would in fact pay the VRT if they had to?

Thanks for letting me know as i didn't know that

The amount of money recuperated from 'VRT dodgers' is negligible.

Just because there are 10,612 fans on facebook does not mean 10,612 people are dodging, or have tried to dodge, their VRT fees.

Despite the fact I'm not a 'fan' on this retarded facebook fanpage, I'm very much anti-vrt but I've already contributed substantially to the income of the VRT.

But you have probably have the least knowledge of anything VRT related, despite your equally retarded fan page, so I'm sure you overlooked this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Any One

Vertakill wrote: »
    The amount of money recuperated from 'VRT dodgers' is negligible.

Just because there are 10,612 fans on facebook does not mean 10,612 people are dodging, or have tried to dodge, their VRT fees.

Despite the fact I'm not a 'fan' on this retarded facebook fanpage, I'm very much anti-vrt but I've already contributed substantially to the income of the VRT.

But you have probably have the least knowledge of anything VRT related, despite your equally retarded fan page, so I'm sure you overlooked this.

Oh but it does why else would they have joined in the first place? Did everyone jump the band wagon and join because their friends joined?

The fact is they joined as they don't want to pay the VRT its that simple.

Sures there another big write up in the papers this week about 32 Customs men coming to stay in Buncrana, so there will be more and likely people who will get their cars seized for non paymeant of VRT and then they will be complaining about the Customs seizing their cars.

As i said before if they pay the VRT they will no longer be breaking the law and won't get their cars seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

Just get rid of VRT, and rise VAT and Income tax rates by 1pc to offset the revenue drop.
    Donegallers, your lucky to live so near the UK. Think about the poor whoors living in Cork etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

VRT is unsound environmentally as it discourages motorists from buying newer and more emissions-friendly vehicles. Where are the Greens when we need them? Oh there they are, clinging to the stained shirt tails of Fine Fáil!

VRT is simply another tax invented by a political system that is designed to bleed every cent out of the economy without ever being honest enough to publically state what it is needed for or on what it is to be spent. It ranks equal in my view to the tax on credit cards and cheques and all the other innovative ways a gang of incompetents (of all parties) have found to cheat and lie to the electorate. Environment be damned. We need your money to pay for our numberless quangoes and expenses:(

*troll over*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Oh but it does why else would they have joined in the first place? Did everyone jump the band wagon and join because their friends joined?
    Isn't that how most Facebook groups are joined?

"Eating Cake"
    16 friends like this, do you want to like it as well?
    The fact is they joined as they don't want to pay the VRT its that simple.
    It's also the most futile and middle class way of objecting to anything bar writing a "pithy" letter to the Madam Editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

jock101 wrote: »
    Just get rid of VRT, and rise VAT and Income tax rates by 1pc to offset the revenue drop.
    Donegallers, your lucky to live so near the UK. Think about the poor whoors living in Cork etc...

but then it becomes a manditory tax for all workers rather than a voluntary tax for people who feel the need to buy a car

• Advertisement

ART6 wrote: »
    VRT is unsound environmentally as it discourages motorists from buying newer and more emissions-friendly vehicles. Where are the Greens when we need them? Oh there they are, clinging to the stained shirt tails of Fine Fáil!

Err. What ? The new VRT bands since 2008 make it cheaper and more attractive to buy a newer more efficient car and less attractive to buy a gas guzzler than pre 2008. I think you need to go look at the bands again.

It should still be scrapped thou and replaced with a variable rate VAT system as I suggested many posts ago in this very thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

but then it becomes a manditory tax for all workers rather than a voluntary tax for people who feel the need to buy a car

You see, for the majority of people outside Dublin and for people like myself who live in the country with basically no public transport a car is not a option but a need. I assume you are from Dublin.

See the goverment is meant to be for all the people, not for just the City folk...
    They really dont understand this country.

It should still be scrapped thou and replaced with a variable rate VAT system as I suggested many posts ago in this very thread.

I still don't see how calling a variable tax "VAT" instead of "VRT" benefits anyone (except maybe the government who can tell the EU they've scrapped "vrt") ?

It BeeMee wrote: »
    I still don't see how calling a variable tax "VAT" instead of "VRT" benefits anyone (except maybe the government who can tell the EU they've scrapped "vrt") ?

Read the thread then. It would lower the price and also make us more competitive in terms of selling cars to UK and europe (eg. the Poles who don't seem to care which side the steering wheel is on if its a bargain)

Read the thread then. It would lower the price and also make us more competitive in terms of selling cars to UK and europe (eg. the Poles who don't seem to care which side the steering wheel is on if its a bargain)

As I said in my reply to you a couple of weeks back, how would it lower the price? Our base rate of vat is already higher than the UK, so how will your proposed higher rate help us sell cars to the UK?

I have read the thread, thanks, and already said:
    If the pre-tax price of the car is the same in both countries, then they are paying the exact same whether they buy here or the UK? The only place they may gain is in currency exchange rates.

The pre-tax price WILL change. It would make sense for manufacturers to lump UK and Ireland together and build cars to the same specification to the same price.

With pre-tax prices the same, I still fail to see how we could sell more cars to the UK etc ?
    If/when pre-tax prices are the same, the only incentive for a UK buyer to come over here for a new car is currency fluctuation.

As for second hand cars, you said it yourself:
    Go read the math I posted. its still a reduction. Just not a huge one. You buy a new car in the UK you VAT if there. You bring it here you VAT it here and have to clai the UK VAT back. SO it requires significant outlay even if you get some back later. This is a significant deterrrant to buying new in the uk. Buying 'second hand' and VAT doesn't come into it in either country. Uk buyers would like to come here cause the would not have to pay VRT in order to register here before exporting (VRT they can't get back), and end up only paying uk vat at 17.5% saving them money making it worthwhile

Your proposed tiered VAT rates on cars would make second hand cars more expensive straight off, so that stops UK buyers for that market straight away.

In fact you're back to the position where buying a second hand car in the UK would be cheaper for Irish buyers. Which in turn will drive down second hand prices, again leaving new car buyers with a hard hit on depreciation.

either you people are being deliberately obtuse, or you have problems with basic comprehension and basic math. For the LAST time cause I'm not repeating myself anymore:
    As I said in my reply to you a couple of weeks back, how would it lower the price? Our base rate of vat is already higher than the UK, so how will your proposed higher rate help us sell cars to the UK?

Because the proposed rates are LOWER than the current combined VAT + VRT. One number is LOWER than the other. Go look at the figures I went to the hassle of working out. If you don't understand this, don't ask me again, you simply never will get it.

With pre-tax prices the same, I still fail to see how we could sell more cars to the UK etc ?
    If/when pre-tax prices are the same, the only incentive for a UK buyer to come over here for a new car is currency fluctuation.

Because at the moment , an individual from the UK buying a car here has to pay VRT to reg the car on purchase before then exporting it to the UK. VRT which he CANNOT get back. THerfore in one fell swoop, VRT KILLS any car exporting from Ireland. If it were only VAt he could get it back. Again, look at the math, the proposed VAT would be higher than the UK. Therefore pre-tax prices WOULD NOT be the same since the proposed VAT changes would leave things slightly lower, but close to current prices. Therefore it would be of considerable advantage for UK buyers to come here. And hopefully the Poles to who currently buy alot of cars in the UK.

Go read the math I posted. its still a reduction. Just not a huge one. You buy a new car in the UK you VAT if there. You bring it here you VAT it here and have to clai the UK VAT back. SO it requires significant outlay even if you get some back later. This is a significant deterrrant to buying new in the uk. Buying 'second hand' and VAT doesn't come into it in either country. Uk buyers would like to come here cause the would not have to pay VRT in order to register here before exporting (VRT they can't get back), and end up only paying uk vat at 17.5% saving them money making it worthwhile

This is a misinterpretation of my post. The bolded part was not in relation to second hand car price, it was with regard to the steps of importing/exporting a car. When 'second hand' you don't have to worry about VAT reclaim etc so it is a simpler process is the point.
    Your proposed tiered VAT rates on cars would make second hand cars more expensive straight off, so that stops UK buyers for that market straight away.

NO. How do you reckon this ? This is completely opposite to what would happen. Second hand prices are currently artificially inflated due to the very high original purchase price. By lowering the original purchase price, you would be lowering the second hand price somewhat too (not by a massive amount, but enough to make Irish second hands more competitively priced in comparison to the UK market).
    In fact you're back to the position where buying a second hand car in the UK would be cheaper for Irish buyers. Which in turn will drive down second hand prices, again leaving new car buyers with a hard hit on depreciation.

Honestly what ? No you would be making buying an Irish second hand car more attractive for both Irish AND UK buyers. New car buyers WILL NOT have a hard hit on depreciation since the new car price is now lower and I've worked figures on this earlier TWICE showing how even the person who has just bought a new car before the rule change would even benefit when changing car.

Seriously people, I'm getting REALLY REALLY fed up saying the same things over and over. Its fairly simple. If you don't get it, don't ask me again - I'm not going to say anything different. Its basic economics. If you have never studied that then fair enough, pick up a text book and get up to speed on supply and demand and how markets work.

On a side note. Since my earlier posts I've been to visit a garage up North. Actually they are very used to Southern buyers and will very efficiently deal with the VAT reclaim. All you do is send them proof of payment of VRT and they send you a check for the VAT. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Because at the moment , an individual from the UK buying a car here has to pay VRT to reg the car on purchase before then exporting it to the UK. VRT which he CANNOT get back. THerfore in one fell swoop, VRT KILLS any car exporting from Ireland. If it were only VAt he could get it back. Again, look at the math, the proposed VAT would be higher than the UK. Therefore pre-tax prices WOULD NOT be the same since the proposed VAT changes would leave things slightly lower, but close to current prices. Therefore it would be of considerable advantage for UK buyers to come here. And hopefully the Poles to who currently buy alot of cars in the UK.

I got this far and didn't bother with the rest as it's as clear as the nose on your face that you haven't got a clue.

If a vehicle is for export it does not need to be registered in the Republic of Ireland, and as such is not liable to have VRT paid on it.

A good few years ago it did make sense to buy ex. VAT & VRT in Ireland and export to the UK (think before the 2003 (?) VRT changes), and it still happens occasionally with some cars.

POST FAIL IMHO

Are you people are being deliberately obtuse? For the LAST time cause I'm not repeating myself anymore:

Because the proposed rates are LOWER than the current combined VAT + VRT. One number is LOWER than the other. Go look at the figures I went to the hassle of working out. If you don't understand this, don't ask me again, you simply never will get it.

Because at the moment , an individual from the UK buying a car here has to pay VRT to reg the car on purchase before then exporting it to the UK. VRT which he CANNOT get back. Therefore in one fell swoop, VRT KILLS any car exporting from Ireland. If it were only VAt he could get it back. Again, look at the math, the proposed VAT would be higher than the UK. Therefore pre-tax prices WOULD NOT be the same since the proposed VAT changes would leave things slightly lower, but close to current prices. Therefore it would be of considerable advantage for UK buyers to come here. And hopefully the Poles to who currently buy alot of cars in the UK.

This is a misinterpretation of my post. The bolded part was not in relation to second hand car price, it was with regard to the steps of importing/exporting a car. When 'second hand' you don't have to worry about VAT reclaim etc so it is a simpler process is the point.

NO. How do you reckon this ? This is completely opposite to what would happen. Second hand prices are currently artificially inflated due to the very high original purchase price. By lowering the original purchase price, you would be lowering the second hand price somewhat too (not by a massive amount, but enough to make Irish second hands more competitively priced in comparison to the UK market).

Honestly what ? No you would making buying an Irish second hand car more attractive for both Irish AND UK buyers New car buyers WILL NOT have a hard hit on depreciation since the new car price is now lower and I've worked figures on this earlier TWICE showing how even the person who has just bought a new car before the rule change would even benefit when changing car.

Seriously people, I'm getting REALLY REALLY fed up saying the same things over and over. Its fairly simple. If you don't get it, don't ask me again - I'm not going to say anything different. Its basic economics. If you have never studied that then fair enough, pick up a text book and get up to speed on supply and demand and how markets work.

On a side note. Since my earlier posts I've been to visit a garage up North. Actually they are very used to Southern buyers and will very efficiently deal with the VAT reclaim. All you do is send them proof of payment of VRT and they send you a check for the VAT. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Opinion Guy, did you post that same post again just for the irony?

"For the LAST time cause I'm not repeating myself anymore:"

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    Opinion Guy, did you post that same post again just for the irony?

"For the LAST time cause I'm not repeating myself anymore:"

Hahahaha:D
    No I really mean it that time ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Because at the moment , an individual from the UK buying a car here has to pay VRT to reg the car on purchase before then exporting it to the UK.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the procedure for a NEW car along the lines of:

1) Buy new car for export from Ireland.
    2) Pay customs duty and VAT (no VRT applicable).
    3) Temporary register the car on ZZ plates.
    4) Export car to UK.
    5) Register car for first time in UK and pay registration fee and VAT.
    6) Reclaim VAT paid to Irish Revenue.

On a new car at least, where is the obligation to pay VRT on a vehicle for direct export? :confused:

macplaxton wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the procedure for a NEW car along the lines of:

1) Buy new car for export from Ireland.
    2) Pay customs duty and VAT (no VRT applicable).
    3) Temporary register the car on ZZ plates.
    4) Export car to UK.
    5) Register car for first time in UK and pay registration fee and VAT.
    6) Reclaim VAT paid to Irish Revenue.

On a new car at least, where is the obligation to pay VRT on a vehicle for direct export? :confused:

I can't find a definitive source but you appear to be correct. Well spotted.

Edit: Right before you all start beating me over the head with it. It appears that I was wrong about the exporting thing on new cars and retract my statement that scrapped VRT would make cars cheaper to export. I humbly apologise for this oversight. Everything else I said is correct.
    Good day! :D

Because at the moment , an individual from the UK buying a car here has to pay VRT to reg the car on purchase before then exporting it to the UK. VRT which he CANNOT get back. Therefore in one fell swoop, VRT KILLS any car exporting from Ireland. If it were only VAt he could get it back. Again, look at the math, the proposed VAT would be higher than the UK. Therefore pre-tax prices WOULD NOT be the same since the proposed VAT changes would leave things slightly lower, but close to current prices. Therefore it would be of considerable advantage for UK buyers to come here. And hopefully the Poles to who currently buy alot of cars in the UK.

My interpretation of "pre-tax price" is the price the manufacturer will sell into the country at, before additional local taxes are applied. The pre-tax price has been lowered into Ireland by the manufacturer leaving bits off the car, hence "paddy spec" cars having less standard equipment than their UK counterpart.

So two things can happen:
    1) to compensate for higher VAT rates, the manufacturer keeps the lower spec cars coming. Now it would be cheaper for a UK buyer to come over here, BUT they would be buying a car with less standard equipment than they would buy at home. That loss of kit would effect their resale value in the UK, which would be enough of a disincentive to buy over here in the first place.

2) the manufacturer standardises the spec and pre-tax prices into both markets. This would actually make sense, as they need only build right-hand drive cars to one equipment level, which should save some costs.
    In this scenario, the only reason a UK buyer could save money by buying here is if the currency exchange rate is favourable.
    Originally Posted by It BeeMee

Here's how I reckon this:
    Take a car with a pre-tax cost of €25000
    Apply your highest VAT of 40% = 10,000
    Cost of car in Ireland = €35,000

Two years later, lets say that car loses 40% of it's value (14,000) and is now worth €21,000 second hand.

The same car in the UK
    25000 + 20% = 30,000
    Lose 40% (12,000) and is now worth €18,000

Exchange rates aside, the UK car would still cost a buyer €3,000 less in the UK.

So Irish buyers still have an incentive to travel across the water (and the added bonus in knowing the sticker price on the car is ALL they'll pay), the UK buyer has none to come over here.
    Originally Posted by It BeeMee

Honestly what ? No you would making buying an Irish second hand car more attractive for both Irish AND UK buyers New car buyers WILL NOT have a hard hit on depreciation since the new car price is now lower and I've worked figures on this earlier TWICE showing how even the person who has just bought a new car before the rule change would even benefit when changing car.
    Unfortunately your attachment to post #562 is gone so I can't look at it.
    But based on my own numbers above, I honestly can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

Just wrote a piece on the Motorcheck blog about the legal status of VRT and the growing resentment of it locally and in Europe.

It's easy to see why people would like to see cheaper list prices but what about the motor industry? Would the abolition of VRT cripple the used car market?

Crikey - just noticed that imports this year are down 59% on last year.

Motorcheck wrote: »
    Just wrote a piece on the Motorcheck blog about the legal status of VRT and the growing resentment of it locally and in Europe.

The guy you refer to did'nt "set up a group on Facebook aptly named “Ban VRT Now“ Sure you even hyperlink to it in the sentence. It's set up based on a false title and is called "VRT - IT'S ILLEGAL - ABOLISH IT NOW!!!"

Not to nit pick or anything.

Also " While Ryan argues that VRT is an illegal tax,". He's admitted in this thread that he realises it's not illegal.

This quote from him is a load of bull too "They are criminalising ordinary people, who are trying to make the best of a bad situation in the midst of a recession" . Populist rubbish. If the recession is hitting them so hard up there, why are they out buying themselves new cars? Are we to belive every car bought by someone in Donegal was to replaced one that stopped running? And was everyone fully tax compliant before 2008 when the recession forced them to head out to buy themselves a car they couldnt afford to VRT?

The guy you refer to did'nt "set up a group on Facebook aptly named “Ban VRT Now“ Sure you even hyperlink to it in the sentence. It's set up based on a false title and is called "VRT - IT'S ILLEGAL - ABOLISH IT NOW!!!"

Not to nit pick or anything.

Oops. You're right. I guess the image on the home page did it's job!

What do you think it would do to the industry if he got his way? Would we all be left with serious negative equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Motorcheck wrote: »
    Crikey - just noticed that imports this year are down 59% on last year.

how come total registrations this year are above the total for last year already, is that just private imports?

how come total registrations this year are above the total for last year already,

Is that not new car registrations?

• Advertisement

Depends what you're looking at :). The stats allow you to look at new cars only, imports or both together. If you're looking at new cars only then yep - new car sales this year have already outgrown last year's total.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement