Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

gally74 wrote: »
    I've popped a video up on youtube of the winning kick,

Overall delighted for the kids there, it was a real big crowd, we would really have lost this games over the past couple of seasons.

The performance was off int he first half, however this is after the big win last weekend, the players looked a bit tired.

Saw kidney before the game, he aged a lot when you see him in the flesh.

Tiernan should really travel to NZ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXqeMBw6CE
    plz!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

gally74 wrote: »
    I've popped a video up on youtube of the winning kick,

Overall delighted for the kids there, it was a real big crowd, we would really have lost this games over the past couple of seasons.

The performance was off int he first half, however this is after the big win last weekend, the players looked a bit tired.

Saw kidney before the game, he aged a lot when you see him in the flesh.

Tiernan should really travel to NZ,

Yo must have only been about 5m away from us! Great kick, it was about 20 feet over the crossbar...

Nice interview with Tonetti on the rabodirectpro12 site

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/13859.php

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Looking ahead to the Glasgow game, they're 4 ahead of Scarlets with the Scarlets having Cardiff at home on the last day. All matches are on at the same time.

For next weeks fixtures, does anyone know of a pub in Munich that's rugby friendly? Worst case scenario, we'll head to an Irish bar but I'd prefer somewhere a bit more local.

Robbo wrote: »
    Looking ahead to the Glasgow game, they're 4 ahead of Scarlets with the Scarlets having Cardiff at home on the last day. All matches are on at the same time.

For next weeks fixtures, does anyone know of a pub in Munich that's rugby friendly? Worst case scenario, we'll head to an Irish bar but I'd prefer somewhere a bit more local.

Its a must-win game for Glasgow to make sure of their playoff spot, with the chance of overtaking Munster too and avoiding Leinster in the semi-final. Can't see an away win, and if we play like we did on Saturday we won't even get a losing bonus point.
    Dragons are playing Leinster at home in their last game, and Treviso are away to Edinburgh - can see a Treviso win given Edinburgh will either be pretty down after losing to Ulster, or resting players ahead of a HEC final.
    Can't see anything for Dragons, so we should finish no lower than 9th in the table...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

i dont think it is as clear cut as you might think zzippy, our performance last week was brutual no doubt but we did get a win and 3 in a row will generate some momentum. The pressure is on glasgow to win it and win it well so they might try and score tries instead of taking points. We have a solid scrum and a defence that can frustrate the best of teams. The longer the game stays close the better for us.

I think we are well in a shout of (another) losing bp, and even more if we are lucky

freyners wrote: »
    i dont think it is as clear cut as you might think zzippy, our performance last week was brutual no doubt but we did get a win and 3 in a row will generate some momentum. The pressure is on glasgow to win it and win it well so they might try and score tries instead of taking points. We have a solid scrum and a defence that can frustrate the best of teams. The longer the game stays close the better for us.

I think we are well in a shout of (another) losing bp, and even more if we are lucky

I did say "if" - hopefully the lads never play as poorly as that again! Brutal was about the best word to describe the first 60 minutes. Connacht are well capable of getting a bonus point, I just think with the incentive that's there for Glasgow that a win is a step too far, but even to get a BP will require a much better performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Brian Murphy, Galwegians centre has signed a contract for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭blackhound

Any info on him?

I know he's played for the A's a few times but I've yet to see him.

blackhound wrote: »
    Any info on him?

Don't know a whole lot about him, he's 26 and from Mayo I think. He's had a good season with Wegians by all accounts. Probably signed a la Jamie Stephens this year, primarily as cover

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

blackhound wrote: »
    Any info on him?

I know he's played for the A's a few times but I've yet to see him.

From what I've seen of Galwegians this season he's been their only attacking threat whatsoever. He's plays a bit like Kevin Maggs, gets the ball at pace, runs straight and trys to break the gain line. Probably more for depth than anything as somebody else pointed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

We needed some cover at centre anyway so this makes sense.

Season ticket renewed once again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Anyone have a list of the players in/out of Connacht for the 12/13 season so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

anyone have any news on anymore possible signings for next season?whats the story with rodney ah you i read that his contract is up at the end of the season any chance he will get a new one?

anyone have any news on anymore possible signings for next season?whats the story with rodney ah you i read that his contract is up at the end of the season any chance he will get a new one?

I think he got a new contract.

profitius wrote: »
    I think he got a new contract.

oh right didnt know that he been unlucky with injures during his time so far hes still young so i suppose he still has time to develop.

oh right didnt know that he been unlucky with injures during his time so far hes still young so i suppose he still has time to develop.

They have Loughney and White next season ahead of him. I'd say hes only there as cover for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

No he's not been injured for a while. Just a long way short of the quality required, so he was put on the bench. They have to make sure he gets a good pre-season or it is going to be another one to write off

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's the story with Stewart Maguire? Is he injured / out of contract?

• Advertisement

its_phil wrote: »
    No he's not been injured for a while. Just a long way short of the quality required, so he was put on the bench. They have to make sure he gets a good pre-season or it is going to be another one to write off

i thought is was injured has he even been fully fit?seems to be carrying a few pounds i know hes a prop but he seems a bit on the chunky side?

What's the story with Stewart Maguire? Is he injured / out of contract?

hes still listed on there squad list but thats all i know

hes still listed on there squad list but thats all i know

just had a look on the connacht website he was on the bench for the airioni game last week

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Maguire plays for Old Belvedere most weeks AFAIK. That's about his current level of ability imo

Maguire plays for Old Belvedere most weeks AFAIK. That's about his current level of ability imo

Another prop thats too tall?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

profitius wrote: »
    Another prop thats too tall?
    Over developed youth that was physically ahead of opposition at a young age and never had to learn technique. Maybe too tall as well.

Tom Gleeson from Munster could be signing

Tom Gleeson from Munster could be signing

Where did you hear that? It wouldn't be a bad signing for Connacht. Hes a solid player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Over developed youth that was physically ahead of opposition at a young age and never had to learn technique. Maybe too tall as well.

Thats about as good a summary of him that you'll read anywhere. He might still learn though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Current is the important word there though, he has youth on his side. He'd be better served moving to Division 1 in England though, if he could.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement