Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

New proposals for Route 3,will mean a withdrawal from UCD,Belfield.
    Service will only go as far as Sandymount from Shanard rd. in Santry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

No longer joining with the 44 :p But on a serious note, is it going to head through Shantalla? This would hopefully allow the new 16 to head straight to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

How about joining the 44 with the remains of the 53/A. Frequency is about right, it would remove a further two termini from the city centre, and would open up new journey possibilities from Dublin Port (to which all of the new 44/44A should be extended).

This would only be a short extension of the 44, rather than the previous proposal.

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

rx8 wrote: »
    New proposals for Route 3,will mean a withdrawal from UCD,Belfield.
    Service will only go as far as Sandymount from Shanard rd. in Santry

Is this being posted on the DB website anytime soon as with any other route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Might just be me, but it seems the 42 is coming even less frequently than it did :mad: which is bad enough. I end just getting the train into town most days now.

• Advertisement

I had seen that the sign for the mysterious 46E bus route from Dun Laoghaire to Belfield has now been reformatted to say 46A Belfield on the front of it this evening while waiting for a 7 outside Argos.

The bus used for that route was a 05 reg VT (Volvo Tri-axle; which has six wheels).

The reformatted belfield sign looked very narrow IMO; which I think is the standard in DB now.

The RTPI had a upgrade earlier today which I didn't know about; I had tried to use the RTPI text service twice today which was useless IMO. I had inputted for the 7 at a bus stop in Blackrock. It showed at a stop near Mount Merrion Avenue that a 7 to Cherrywood was at 15:19 (3:19pm) even though I made the text at 2:30pm. I got the DART instead and waiting time was 7 minutes.

A RTPI sign also had a problem outside Argos when saying '63 Kilternan 1min' for about 5 minutes. :rolleyes: I don't know what the problem was that bus. As I was not getting that bus home; there were about 4 other people standing there. I think happened about 6pm this evening.

In another big development; I heard that to coincide with changes to the Swords Roads QBC happening in April. DB have put up a tender to sell off 55 x 1999 reg Volvo Olympians; which the tender says they go in two lots. It is possible that one lot is to go in the next month going into May; with the second lot due to go in the late summer/ early Autumn.

The tender for these buses is here.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=MAR323476

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The bus used for that route was a 05 reg VT (Volvo Tri-axle; which has six wheels)

8 actually

8 actually

8 wheels. :eek:

I thought an Enviro 500 has only six wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

8 wheels. :eek:

I thought an Enviro 500 has only six wheels.

rear axle has 4 other two have 2 each :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

8 actually

9 actually ~ steering wheel!:D

Next week sees driver training commence for the northside section of the new 44 route to Larkhill.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Next week sees driver training commence for the northside section of the new 44 route to Larkhill.

Is this to replace the 3...?

I imagine so. Anyone know when the 2/3 are for the ND chop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

Next week sees driver training commence for the northside section of the new 44 route to Larkhill
    That's going too far, really. Then again, a country that allows a foreign "troika" to dictate its economic policy deserves all the abuse it can get, I suppose.

Is nothing to replace the 16 to Shanard Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would expect that Shanard Road will have an alternative service to the 44. Given the 44 timetable is to be integrated with the 61 from the city centre, it will probably be hourly. Therefore I would expect a separate route operating (probably half-hourly) to/from Shanard Road.

To where is the question - hopefully the original plan of creating separate routes to/from the city centre for both Sandymount and Shanard Road has now been abandoned and one single route will operate between the two locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

I imagine so. Anyone know when the 2/3 are for the ND chop?

Apparently there is another new bill in the pipeline at the moment, but due to an ongoing dispute over a safety rep issue, union/management business is on hold.Should be sorted in a couple of weeks though, probably after Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

changes to the 76s coming from the 15th
    both the 76b and 210 withdrawn and new tallaght terminus will be the square no longer serving fethercairn or balrothery

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Service-Revisions/
    Service Revisions
    Thursday, April 05, 2012
    Service Revisions
    Following a period of Consultation Dublin Bus is pleased to announce that it will be introducing a series of service revisions for the Tallaght, Chapelizod, North Clondalkin and Blanchardstown areas covering the existing Routes 76/76a/76b and 210 from Sunday 15th April 2012. These revisions are part of Network Direct a redesign of bus services in Dublin City.

Revisions include
    Route 76 and 76b will be amalgamated and will operate as a revised Route 76. All journeys will operate from The Square, Tallaght, Belgard Rd., New Rd., Clondalkin Village, Ninth Lock rd., Neilstown Bridge, Neilstown Rd., Coldcut Rd., Liffey Valley, Coldcut Rd., Ballyfermot Rd., Kylemore Rd., Lucan Rd. (West County Hotel). The bus stop for this revised service will be located at the Western Side of Liffey Valley Shopping Centre (Near the Vue Cinema), which is also served by the high frequency, cross city Route 40, which travels to Finglas Village and the orbital Route 239, which provides links to Lucan and the Blanchardstown Centre.

As a result of the service redesign, the revised route will be more reliable, direct and will operate customer focused clock face timetables. These significant improvements have been undertaken to make customer timetables easier to understand and will ensure greater ease in planning journeys.

Route 76a will operate from The Square, Tallaght, Belgard Rd., New Rd., Clondalkin Village, Ninth Lock rd., Neilstown Bridge, Neilstown Rd., Coldcut Rd., Liffey Valley, Coldcut Rd., Ballyfermot Rd., Kylemore Rd., Lucan Rd. (West County Hotel), M50, Blanchardstown Main St., Blanchardstown Garda Station to Blanchardstown Centre. The service will be more direct and will operate via the M50 and Blanchardstown Village to the bus interchange in The Blanchardstown Centre. Connections can be made here to Ballycoolin Industrial Park. Click here for service information on the connecting routes (17a/37/39/39a/238/270).

Key Routing Changes
    All the revised services will operate from a new terminus in The Square, Tallaght. The Route 76a extension to Fettercairn and Balrothery will be withdrawn. The revised routing will take a more direct alignment from The Square, Tallaght to North Clondalkin via Ninth Lock Road and straight through to the Neilstown Road via the Neilstown Bridge. All journeys will serve the bus interchange in Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.

In Blanchardstown the Revised Route 76a will follow a more direct routing and will operate from the M50 via Blanchardstown Village, past the Blanchardstown Garda Station and straight through to the bus interchange point in Blanchardstown Centre. Route 76a will no longer operate via the Clonsilla Road and Hartstown.

Routes 76b and 210 will no longer operate as part of these changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭qerty

I like the new routing, Much more direct! Also, the 76 timetable is actually readable at a glance! The cuts don't seem too severe either! Overall, I'm pretty pleased. Although I would prefer if more (or even all?) of the services operated to Blanchardstown :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Finally, a 76 timetable which the public can understand. I think this frequency is ok, and the routing is an improvement. The link into Liffey Valley will really benefit those in Clondalkin, Neilstown and Ballyfermot, as they won't have to rely on the 40 for a direct service.

It's a shame there are not more services to Blanchardstown but as the Ballyfermot residents demanded that all 76s serve the area, I suppose they could only do so much. At least the 239 is remaining to link the area with Blanchardstown. I also think a Sunday service on the 239 would do well.

Does anyone seen the bus for the route training for the new look 44 route to Shanard yet?

Is that new 76a timetable suggests it is going to become a peak service like the xpresso's buses or the 7b and 7d etc ? It looks like a very small timetable to use even in a place like Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

So the 76's won't be going up past Clondalkin/Fonthill train station or Ronanstown Garda Station anymore?And they will all go into Liffey Valley as opposed to the stop behind B&Q on the Coldcut Road?

If so then these are both good moves!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh yes! Glad the 76 is finally getting altered. I'll miss the 210 though, I've fond memories taking the loooong route to school on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

it's been a pleasure talking, arguing and in some cases fighting with you guys. :D but i think it's time to call it day. this place has been very quiet of late and i think alot of threads have run their course. so from now on i'll be watching from the outside. to you all i've had a great time and alot of fun. take care and try not to kill each other ;).
    mean signing off for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Anyone know what happened to the proposed 175 route?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

AV359 with the honours of the last 210 service, 1930 ex-Square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

thomasj wrote: »

You have to love the way they make the 76a customers pay the toll on the westlink by adding 6 stages all called Westlink Toll Bridge to make sure that anyone crossing the toll bridge on a cheaper ticket will end up bumped up to the next fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

How else can they do it? The distance travelled is the equivalent of 6 stages. Yet again you are making an issue out of thin air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭qerty

Changes to the 53/a and a slight 151 timetable change! The last 53 is at 7pm heading towards alexandra road and 7:30pm heading towards talbot street.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/5321/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement