Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Got to the navan road busstop at 23.40 last night to get the last 39. I had just missed the 39a. Anyway the real time screens were only showing a 37 and 70 not the 39. Checked online and it was showing the same.

Anyway the 37 came along and we asked the driver to which he replied yep its behind to our relief. The 39 came along with a 38 which also wasnt showing on the board.

Its worrying especially when you dont see the last buses showing up on the real time system

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

thomasj wrote: »
    Got to the navan road busstop at 23.40 last night to get the last 39. I had just missed the 39a. Anyway the real time screens were only showing a 37 and 70 not the 39. Checked online and it was showing the same.

Anyway the 37 came along and we asked the driver to which he replied yep its behind to our relief. The 39 came along with a 38 which also wasnt showing on the board.

Have definitely noticed an increase of 38/As and 39/As not appearing on the RTPI but appearing in real life.

I don't know if the driver is supposed to 'do something' at the start of the journey to enable it, or if its a fault of whatever bit of kit is on the bus.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The 39 and 37 also covers my area closer to town -- only diffrence is if a bus isn't showing we'll go to the Luas or walk.

So, the problem is leading Dublin Bus to lose business.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

qerty wrote: »
    I've noticed new 40 timetables on a few stops going towards town that are in the same format as the 123 timetable. It advertises the route operating every ten minutes from 5.50 am to 19.00 Monday to Friday.

However the timetables on the DB website have the route operating every 12 minutes between 10.30 and 16.00 and still use the longer form of the timetable!

So which is it >.<

In my experience it's about every 20 minutes!

The timetabling on the route is a bit of a shambles tbh... Although, I wouldn't be too surprised if DB were introducing new timetables as part of a review of the route or something...

Out of curiosity, have you seen these on the Finglas or the Ballyfermot end?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭qerty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well it's actually giving every bus 15 minutes more running time in each direction - so I would think it might finally be possible to deliver that service rather than the debacle that is currently in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hardly a cut. Two less buses each way Monday-Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Hardly a cut. Two less buses each way Monday-Friday...

On top of the 30 busses each week they cut when they changed the service? :rolleyes:

As it is all it takes is for one 13 not to run and the service is packed out

As I posted above - this is giving buses the running time they need to operate the service - the current timetable is impossible which has led to large numbers of short workings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

lxflyer wrote: »
    As I posted above - this is giving buses the running time they need to operate the service - the current timetable is impossible which has led to large numbers of short workings.

So that makes it okay? :confused:

• Advertisement

It means the advertised service might at last operate which to my mind is an improvement over the current shambles that is the 13 route.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

More importantly...a change in the times of the last departures from the city.:eek:

What had been 2200/2230/2300 etc ex-Harristown is 2215, 2245, 2315..and the last leaving at 2245..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

dfx- wrote: »
    More importantly...a change in the times of the last departures from the city.:eek:

What had been 2200/2230/2300 etc ex-Harristown is 2215, 2245, 2315..and the last leaving at 2245..

Has it changed?

I'm guessing the last bus will still depart the city centre at 23.30, the only difference is that the bus now has 45 minutes to travel from Harristown instead of 30 minutes. Running times was the biggest problem with the last timetable, hopefull this is now sorted.

Yeah, well the terminus departure time or anywhere en-route to the city has for the very last departure.

I'm going to guess the other departures before it won't wait around..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I wish Dublin bus would actually make it clear when the last bus will leave the City Centre in both directions on the cross city routes.

Yeah, well the terminus departure time or anywhere en-route to the city has for the very last departure.

I'm going to guess the other departures before it won't wait around..
    phasers wrote: »
    I wish Dublin bus would actually make it clear when the last bus will leave the City Centre in both directions on the cross city routes.

The last bus in either direction will still leave city centre at 23:30.

You can see that in the two PDF files attached to the timetable that contain the intermediate timing points.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You can see that in the two PDF files attached to the timetable that contain the intermediate timing points.
    So if the bus arrives in the city early does it wait on O'Connell Street until 23:30?

That's good to know, although I still think it should be printed on the actual timetables somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

So if the bus arrives in the city early does it wait on O'Connell Street until 23:30?

Got the last 11 once and that was exactly what happened. The RTPI toggled up and down between 2, 1 and due for over 10 minutes. When the bus finally arrived a woman complained to the driver and he said he had been instructed to park up on O'Connell St for 10 minutes, hence he was the 11.30 city departure. It's a pity the RTPI couldn't indicate this properly.

D.

That's good to know, although I still think it should be printed on the actual timetables somewhere

Yes it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Changes to the 65/65b as well

New timetable for 65

New timetable and route revision for 65b. 65b will no longer serve the square.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Changes-to-Routes-65-and-65b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Rabbitt

thomasj wrote: »
    Changes to the 65/65b as well

New timetable for 65

New timetable and route revision for 65b. 65b will no longer serve the square.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Changes-to-Routes-65-and-65b
    Madness to take the 65b away from the Square and Tallaght village. Aylesbury well served by the 49 and 54a so a bit pointless adding the 65b to that area. Should have run in round the Square amd Village down Seskin View pub and up past The Mill pub
    Also the cuts are harsh specially at rush hour am and pm.
    The 65 is not really effected.
    With the 65b being re routed they should run the proposed 166 via Westbrook , Blessington Road and around Jobstown to the Square. Chances are they won't

The last one might, the others might not.

I was on VG23 tonight northbound, reached Parnell Sq at 2215. The intermediate timetable attached PDF says they leave Parnell Sq at 2200 and 2230. It certainly didn't wait until 2230.

I was on AV337 tonight southbound, reached Parnell Sq at 2240. The intermediate timetable attached PDF says they leave Parnell Sq East at 2225 and 2255. It certainly didn't wait until 2255.

Timetable fantasy?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Timetable fantasy?

No, DB reality.

The last one might, the others might not.

I was on VG23 tonight northbound, reached Parnell Sq at 2215. The intermediate timetable attached PDF says they leave Parnell Sq at 2200 and 2230. It certainly didn't wait until 2230.

I was on AV337 tonight southbound, reached Parnell Sq at 2240. The intermediate timetable attached PDF says they leave Parnell Sq East at 2225 and 2255. It certainly didn't wait until 2255.

Timetable fantasy?

The last bus on cross city routes is 2330 from the city centre. They do wait until that time. It is however only the final departure that waits.

But I totally agree this should be made clear on the face of the main timetable - it is for certain routes but not for others.

I agree with you about the intermediate times too - the buses should abide by them or else they should not be published at all. The problem is they are not (to the best of my knowledge) on the driver boards.

They need to get this right because buses going early annoys people as much as buses waiting for an extended period if the timings are too generous.

I agree, they really need to remove intermediate times from bus stops and the website. The intention is good, but on the ground it's impracticable.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭qerty

DB are testing wi-fi on the 16! About time too!
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/WiFi-Trial/

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Anyone know what the change to the 68/69 is? Less 68As? I can't from a glance..they all leave on the hour or halfhour as a rule as before:confused:

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the change to the 68/69 is? Less 68As? I can't from a glance..they all leave on the hour or halfhour as a rule as before:confused:

They have finally changed the Sunday schedule which did not change last year.

That timetable was physically impossible to deliver due to insufficient running time with the re-route via the SCR.

The new timetable now has added running time on the 68 with an extra bus on Sunday mornings operating an extra trip on the 69 and 1.5 extra trips on the 68.

No changes to weekdays/Saturdays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement