Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Happy Xmas you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seaneh wrote: »
    That's really not what happened.

Ska date their cans 4 months from the canning date, so the ones dated "best before jan 17 14" were canned on september 17 2013".

Ska don't usually export, this was probably one of the first batch of cans sold outside the US. Their export cans were meant to have a canned on date and a best before of about a year later (only because EU law required a best before).

They arrived to the UK with a short date and then the Irish and UK importers, along with Ska, worked out a deal to shift them quickly.

The Irish and UK importers have been working together over the last year or so to secure a LOT of beers that have either not been available here before or haven't been here for a long time, such as founders, stone, ska, and so on.

The next batch of Ska beers for sale will be canned in Feb and hit the shelves here sometime in march.

Just repeating what Ken in Drinkstore told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

0hHIYNb.jpg?2

The missus got me more beer, also. That Bracia 10% could be special!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think today shall be Samichlaus day!

Grayditch wrote: »
    That Bracia 10% could be special!

Has a weird piney flavour, as I recall

• Advertisement

Perfect for the season.

Hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sipping a barrel aged celebration with dessert to kick off the drinking. Going down fierce well. :-)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Picked up the 4 beers for the day, don't like to go overboard on Christmas really.

Galway Bay Full Sail and Buried At Sea, Trouble Dark Arts and William's Fraoch.

Happy Christmas Everybody!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

All hype aside, W12 is still the best beer I've ever tasted. I don't think I'll ever get bored of how amazing and complex it is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wow. This stuff packs a punch!

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/960133_10152493985484251_1350469362_n.jpg

Very, very interesting. I don't know if I like it, but I'm appreciating it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Blacks BIPA mini-keg. Very tasty

matrim wrote: »
    Blacks BIPA mini-keg. Very tasty

Good news, will be cracking one open later.

In the meantime I'm drinking an Abstrakt 13 shared between three people. Gorgeous for dessert.

Stone's IPA is a weird one. Started off lovely and smooth, then began to taste very strawy, and lacked any sweetness. Now it has sweetness, again, like it had heard me complaining. Again, not worth a fiver, but a damn good IPA. (for most of the bottle) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Got a selection of 12 beers in a hamper.
    Some nice ones in it. Will do an inventory on them later and post them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I'm drinking tea!:( can't crack open the last of my kindred spirits until 9 o clock. Feckin mother!:(

Is the blacks bipa getting bottled?

Scortho wrote: »
    I'm drinking tea!:( can't crack open the last of my kindred spirits until 9 o clock. Feckin mother!:(

Is the blacks bipa getting bottled?

Egsqueeze me!?

Nogne O Dark Horizon #4. Really huge and nice beer. Very sweet at the start followed by loads of coffee, liquorice and plum / dark fruit. Big alcohol bite but not as much as expected and hid the full strength well

Buried At Sea in the pudding.

Ooooh yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Im saving my blacks keg for ufc168 this sat. Will be a special occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

Brooklyn Black Ops - just a fantastic beer, perfect for the Christmas dinner.
    Followed it up with a Jameson aged Leann Follain, plus some Leann Follain for comparison and you know, research. I know there was a bit of discussion before about whether it was the same beer for the whiskey aged version as the bottled one. I think it might be, the bottle does say that it uses Leann Follain, but I reckon it's probably either a different yeast or the effect of the barrel aging because there is a difference but not a huge amount. Losing coherence now, not sure why exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sipping a Rogue Northwestern Ale tonight. Finally a Rogue that doesn't disappoint!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Egsqueeze me!?

2 pints of kindred spirit and they're all gone. While rooting in my beer cubby i found a mikkeller milk stout and arh hvad;)
    I forgot I bought them and will leave them for another while until I remember them again:D

2 pints of kindred spirit and they're all gone. While rooting in my beer cubby i found a mikkeller milk stout and arh hvad;)
    I forgot I bought them and will leave them for another while until I remember them again:D

I was talking about this bit....

The keg BIPA is decent but I'd rather the beer in bottles tbh.nice Xmas gimmick though.

Had a couple of BAS tonight, it's as good bottled as it is on tap.

My dad got a Sweetman's brewery tour voucher for Xmas off my mam, so we'll be doing that in January hopefully.

My dad's a legend. Went out of his way to get Galway Hooker for today, then was taking sneaky glasses from the mini keg. Ha!

I don't think a man of 60+ will ever totally renege on the "aul reliables" but feck it he does more than most

The keg BIPA is decent but I'd rather the beer in bottles tbh.nice Xmas gimmick though.

Had a couple of BAS tonight, it's as good bottled as it is on tap.

My dad got a Sweetman's brewery tour voucher for Xmas off my mam, so we'll be doing that in January hopefully.

My dad's a legend. Went out of his way to get Galway Hooker for today, then was taking sneaky glasses from the mini keg. Ha!

I don't think a man of 60+ will ever totally renege on the "aul reliables" but feck it he does more than most

Agree with the mini keg being a bit of a gimmic and would have preferred bottels but the beer was nice. No Thornebridge Raven which I count as the best of the style but I'll get it again if they bring out bottles

Make sure to get your dad a growler when he goes to sweetmans

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I was talking about this bit....

Ah right. My Mother doesn't like beer being drank in the house so as a compromise we agreed on 9 pm.
    It was either give in to her bizarre rules or make my own Christmas dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I was on the old reliables yesterday, Punk IPA and Sierra Nevada pale ale.

I had an IPA the other day, Hitachino Nest, Japanese I believe. It was interesting. Might get some more of that if McHugh's have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Yeah that nest beer is very nice, a strange ipa but very interesting and strong.

Having a left hand smoke jumper now. Quite nice but could do with more smokiness!

2 Dark Arts
    A Rogue Hazlenut
    A Sierra Nevada Celebration
    A Chalkey's Bite
    A 5AM Saint
    A Libertine Black

Just got that selection from my Mother-in-Law, will do me for Saturday night.

Tonight I think I'll take it easy and have a Laphroaig or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had a bottle of Bush de Nuits after dinner yesterday. Very nice, very complex but I didn't get the promised dry finish. Very interesting beer but I probably wouldn't buy another at €24.50:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement