Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    Let's hope its not a repeat this time round

Couple of nice numbers on it, music is a journey, it's okay not to like some of it, band was in a terrible mess during its recording, much different story now, I'm sure the new one will be fine

So interview or a live performance or something on the Howard Stern Show on Sirius XM coming up then?

Keep ending up watching their performance of puppets on it from a couple of years ago, just incredible, stern was stunned

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So interview or a live performance or something on the Howard Stern Show on Sirius XM coming up then?

Probably both similar to their 2016 in studio appearance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Part of the press junket for S&M2 I'd imagine. Few songs, few chats about S&M2, Blackened 2020, and the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Couple of nice numbers on it, music is a journey, it's okay not to like some of it, band was in a terrible mess during its recording, much different story now, I'm sure the new one will be fine

The live versions of St anger and frantic on the European leg of the world wired tour are awesome I think (OK kirks 'my lifestyle determines my deathstyle' backing vocal sounds weird) but still :D

I wonder would they ever do a re record of the album from scratch?

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    The live versions of St anger and frantic on the European leg of the world wired tour are awesome I think (OK kirks 'my lifestyle determines my deathstyle' backing vocal sounds weird) but still :D

what do you mean, hes the bestest backing vocalists ever! dont give up your day job kirk!

seriously doubt it, but who knows, you kinna never really know with these lads, they have a tenancy to turn things up side down sometimes, tis all apart of the fun

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

klose wrote: »

This is probably the closest we'd ever get

Doesn't quite have Hetfield's sound of God style, but it's pretty damn good anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what do you mean, hes the bestest backing vocalists ever! dont give up your day job kirk!

seriously doubt it, but who knows, you kinna never really know with these lads, they have a tenancy to turn things up side down sometimes, tis all apart of the fun

I love in the total eclipse of the heart Metallica parody video they catch Kirk perfectly at the mic for the first line “turn around”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Next 'tallica album late 2022 or early 2023

*or later

Degag wrote:
    Next 'tallica album late 2022 or early 2023

More like 32/33 I'd say, followed by the 'escape from the retirement home' tour

• Advertisement

More like 32/33 I'd say, followed by the 'escape from the retirement home' tour

Wouldn't put them past it:pac:

Stillthink they will sell out Croker in a few years time. It's just the evolution of rock bands.

Degag wrote:
    Stillthink they will sell out Croker in a few years time. It's just the evolution of rock bands.

What's the capacity?

80k plus i guess.

They did 72k in Slane. Next time the come they are doing the Aviva or Croker imo.

Probably Aviva leaving Croker for the swansong.

Degag wrote:
    Probably Aviva leaving Croker for the swansong.

Really hard to tell, slane wasn't sold out, and gigs could be dramatically changed for a while after this, its a fcuking disaster for the industry

Really hard to tell, slane wasn't sold out, and gigs could be dramatically changed for a while after this, its a fcuking disaster for the industry

I think though they surpassed everyones expectations with Slane, incuding MCD, Lord Henry, ourselves and even themselves. I don't think there was really anyone on here who thought they'd do 50k plus (concensus was about the 50k maybe) but they did and more. Now i'm sure the "Slane" factor came into it but i'm positive that they came out of that show with alot more fans than they came into it with.

I was listening out and the amount of people around me who were exclaiming at the end of Puppets, One, etc etc how fantastic a band they were was frightening.... in a good way. They were obviously brought there by friends but i honestly think alot were made fans after that night.

They did this all around Europe in 50,60,70k stadiums. They have a huge team around them and i think they are gunning to be bigger and better than ever.

Degag wrote:
    I was listening out and the amount of people around me who were exclaiming at the end of Puppets, One, etc etc how fantastic a band they were was frightening.... in a good way. They were obviously brought there by friends but i honestly think alot were made fans after that night.

It was at that stage of the gig I realised, they still bloody have it live, it's great to see

It was at that stage of the gig I realised, they still bloody have it live, it's great to see

Yup, One, Master, Bells, Death, Seek, all in a row was just music mastery.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

I went to Twickenham a week later. Same size crowd, more enclosed venue and it was spectacular to hear puppets and even sandman reverberate around the arena. I’d been to Twickenham for plenty of Ireland matches over the years so this was a very surreal experience to see my favourite band on the same stage.

Edit: and Memory Remains was brilliant for crowd participation

I'd say Manchester would have been unreal.

Although perhaps it's just an epic gig form afar. While i'm sure i'd have enjoyed it, not sure how much i'd have like to have been soaked after about 5 mins!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Slane was my 3rd time seeing them outdoors and by far the best and visually spectacular (2008/2009s stages were pretty standard).

After all the horror stories i heard about Slane i was surprised by it and actually enjoyed the day, bar ques were ok and usual story about the toilets but tbh its the same for all big outdoor gigs stadium or otherwise. I made my way up the hill before the encore and watched it at the top and then straight out back to the bus (which was parked in a quarry or something like that). Walk wasn't too far but **** all lighting

Really wise we had a better shaped arena in Dublin but tbh it was more a case of Metallica weren't arsed to config the setup for here (Muse and U2 changed the stage a bit for shows here) . Saw them in the Hydro in Glasgow in 2017 and it ruled. Found it pretty similar visually to S&M2

We see what the future holds after this virus ****s off or learns some manners

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure they will never play indoors here again. While they could perhaps adapt their stage for the O2, they will still be playing to only 10k ish fans. Tallica expect 2m ish per show and unlike U2 who have a certain affection to us, aren't going to play multiple shows over multiple nights. It simply isn't doable IMO.

Therefore Aviva, Croker, Marley, RDS is the best we can hope for..... which is fine by me....

Degag wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they will never play indoors here again. While they could perhaps adapt their stage for the O2, they will still be playing to only 10k ish fans. Tallica expect 2m ish per show and unlike U2 who have a certain affection to us, aren't going to play multiple shows over multiple nights. It simply isn't doable IMO.

Is that the price for all shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Here are the songs from Howard Stern (WIMR, The Unforgiven and All Within My Hands). There was an interview as well where they discussed Lulu and hair metal amongst other things and I'm sure that'll appear at some stage too.

Also, The Black Album is 29 years old today.....!!! Yes, we're old.

Also, The Black Album is 29 years old today.....!!! Yes, we're old.

Fcuk, I'm ancient

The interview segments are mow up on the Howard Stern Youtube page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The interview segments are mow up on the Howard Stern Youtube page.

Where might someone find the full interview?

I'd imagine this will be the final track released from S&M2 before it's official release next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd imagine this will be the final track released from S&M2 before it's official release next Friday.

got an email from the Merch company with the headline 'very important message regarding your recent order' and it turned out to only be notifying me that this song was available now :pac:

Thought something was gone wrong with my order :)

Advertisement