Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Genuine question lads, If ye think that's shocking where was the outrage when GN'R announced the Locked & Loaded box set for Appetite For Destruction when it was originally priced at $999?

I'd only pay €9, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

To be fair, competitions are probably too small fry for any of the band to have any direct input into. THis likely to be a decision made by their marketing (or some such) team. Agreed though it is small minded. Any competition should not involve a cost to the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm actually going to hold up my hand and say I was too harsh in what I was saying earlier. I think they've just badly misused the word competition when it really is just a ballot to get your hands on a limited edition release. Nothing wrong with that and seems like a fair way to sell such a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ordered the blu ray with the fifth member discount and cost €21.10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

PTH2009 wrote: »

Does that include postage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Be sure the Blu Ray is region free too dude. I've gotten caught out with American Blu Rays before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

kg703 wrote: »
    I was in attendance. It was wonderful. Id recommend watching

Ooh nice work!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Be sure the Blu Ray is region free too dude. I've gotten caught out with American Blu Rays before

Yeah I'm going to cancel the order and get it on the European site or amazon

Region free didn't occur to me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah I'm going to cancel the order and get it on the European site or amazon

Region free didn't occur to me

Did you manage to cancel? Looks like it's back in the EU store, and a ****load cheaper

feylya wrote: »
    Did you manage to cancel? Looks like it's back in the EU store, and a ****load cheaper

yeah canceled it and in the email said it was 'region free'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Best prices i found for deluxe box have been on Irish sites

https://musiczone.ie/product/metallica-sm-2-deluxe-vinyl-blurray-boxset/
    https://www.towerrecords.ie/product/METALLICA_S_M2[DELUXEBOXSET]/840924

still amazed CDs are still a major thing

PTH2009 wrote:
    still amazed CDs are still a major thing

Yup, people still like buying them, tallica albums is all I buy these days

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that and seems like a fair way to sell such a package.

Yeah, I think it is a fair way to sell such a limited product... I've put my entry in anyway. They could probably have sold thousands of the Super Deluxe Box Set at $299 but the boys couldn't be expected to hand sign thousands of sheets of music, so limiting it to a reasonable figure and balloting Fifth Members for a chance to buy it seems fair enough.

Also got the 4xLP set and Blu-Ray from the Euro store, so really looking forward to them being released next month...

sugarman wrote: »
    So one every decade :D

yea its bloody breaking me now, lifes a bitch

Works out as €25.65 delivered off the EU store for the Blu Ray

The US one worked out as €21.03 delivered (that's with 20% FM discount) but warning of shipping taxes etc

Works out as €25.65 delivered off the EU store for the Blu Ray

The US one worked out as €21.03 delivered (that's with 20% FM discount) but warning of shipping taxes etc

How are you getting postage so cheap to Ireland? showing as 8.47euro for me for the dvd/cd set and if i order the deluxe box on its own postage is 39.13 euro.

psychozeb wrote: »
    How are you getting postage so cheap to Ireland? showing as 8.47euro for me for the dvd/cd set and if i order the deluxe box on its own postage is 39.13 euro.

fairly odd

if using the american store sign in if you have a Fifth member account

fairly odd

if using the american store sign in if you have a Fifth member account

using the european store and i'm signed in,worked out if i use sterling and parcel motel i can get deluxe box for 120

still think s&m1 was far superior but 2 had its moments. All within my hands (which has been released as a single) was awesome

Found with pretty similar to the indoor show of the WorldWired tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

psychozeb wrote: »

130euro, i've entered the Fifth Member comp, 500 winners get to buy it at $299 (260Euro) but the music sheets are signed by the band.

If i win and buy i guess it'll come from U.S so customs will also nail me :mad:

still think s&m1 was far superior but 2 had its moments. All within my hands (which has been released as a single) was awesome

Found with pretty similar to the indoor show of the WorldWired tour

Of course it was, it had Jason on it, pisses all over Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

S&M 1 is an intimate gig too of 3,000 people, its in a theatre, in the world of the orchestra. I love seen the shots from the crowd of the regular orchestra go-ers sitting and some headbangers then standing up next to them, banging away. Really shows the stark contrast of both fans but here they all are together. Its class.

The 2nd outing very much feels like an orchestra backing up metallica. It's in a large arena, they are there to see Metallica, they know what to expect.

And of course, no Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rob316 wrote: »
    S&M 1 is an intimate gig too of 3,000 people, its in a theatre, in the world of the orchestra. I love seen the shots from the crowd of the regular orchestra go-ers sitting and some headbangers then standing up next to them, banging away. Really shows the stark contrast of both fans but here they all are together. Its class.

The 2nd outing very much feels like an orchestra backing up metallica. It's in a large arena, they are there to see Metallica, they know what to expect.

And of course, no Jason.

much better setlist on 1 too.

S&M3 will be a full blooded world tour :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

S&M3 will be a full blooded world tour :D:D

Jaysus, assuming the 20 year anniversary timeline, the lads (using that term lightly now) would be together for 58 years as a band !

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jaysus, assuming the 20 year anniversary timeline, the lads (using that term lightly now) would be together for 58 years as a band !

Well given they've almost hit 40 years, what's another 18 :pac:

Joking aside, if the Rolling Stones can do it, why not Metallica? Granted the Stones stuff isn't as challenging to play compared to Metallica's.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well given they've almost hit 40 years, what's another 18 :pac:

Joking aside, if the Rolling Stones can do it, why not Metallica? Granted the Stones stuff isn't as challenging to play compared to Metallica's.

all members are currently complaining of physical issues related to playing, it ll be hard to see them playing well into their 70's, maybe the less intense songs could be, maybe the more load/reload era stuff etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Think they will hit 50 years definitely if health etc doesn't prove an issue.

• Advertisement

Got an email saying I didn't win the competition that entitles ya to buy super deluxe signed edition of S&M2 for €300.

Thought about it a bit more today and I'm a bit pissed off wit them for doing this.

Super deluxe unsigned is around the €140 mark, yet they're charging an extra €120 for band autographs, something that costs them nothing.

As there's only 500 signed and for fan club why profit from their autographs, and profit from their most loyal of fans.

Metallica family me fcukin hole

Advertisement