Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

My Slane experience was ruined by a drunk friend so I am now half considering going to see them in Prague in August. Has anyone been there for a concert?

Its in Letnany Airport which seems like it's handy to get to...few mins walk from a Metro line.

The only decent flight doesn't get in until 4.15pm but looks do-able???

(And no I wont be bringing said friend :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

LouD2016 wrote: »
    My Slane experience was ruined by a drunk friend so I am now half considering going to see them in Prague in August. Has anyone been there for a concert?

Its in Letnany Airport which seems like it's handy to get to...few mins walk from a Metro line.

You gave me the idea of looking up the logistics now :D

Zwillinge wrote: »
    You gave me the idea of looking up the logistics now :D

Taxi from Prague airport to near where concert is 34 mins....12 min walk to concert grounds from metro stop....if you got a hotel near the metro line could just dump bag and head to gig... looks achievable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Guessing tickets are around same price as Slane and other dates, I can never get how they're so high in certain countries where wages are 1/4 of what they are here, gold circle must cost locals the guts of 2wks wages

scudzilla wrote: »
    Guessing tickets are around same price as Slane and other dates, I can never get how they're so high in certain countries where wages are 1/4 of what they are here, gold circle must cost locals the guts of 2wks wages

I see standing tickets for 55e....cheaper than Slane anyway!

They have 'experience' tickets for all the gigs that are a couple hundred euro...all for some food and a picture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I see standing tickets for 55e....cheaper than Slane anyway!

They have 'experience' tickets for all the gigs that are a couple hundred euro...all for some food and a picture!

I honestly can't figure out the ticket website :o Seems my Czech ain't great

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I honestly can't figure out the ticket website :o Seems my Czech ain't great

:D top left hand corner you can change it to English

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Leppard Messiah

Yep they did, found it in the comments of one the other unlisted videos, here it is if anyone else wants it

Bit pointless so, signed up there and One and S&D are the only 2 on it, at least they're not behind a paywall I suppose Lars being Lars and all

there is no paywall on metallica.com...its free to be a metclub member..you just register on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

there is no paywall on metallica.com...its free to be a metclub member..you just register on the site

Yeah I got into it, just as well its free because there's not an awful lot to see

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They make money back on all the merchandise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

Going to see them tonight at Twickenham. Don't think I'll make it in time to see Bokassa. Definitely getting there in time to see Ghost though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have heard worse covers...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This doodle stuff is basically a song from the host town/country??

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This doodle stuff is basically a song from the host town/country??

Basically, yes.

For instance, Slane got The Wild Rover, Manchester on Tuesday got I Wanna Be Adored (Stone Roses) and tonight at Twickenham they done Killers (Iron Maiden)

After the mess around cover, Rob then goes in to Orion while footage of Cliff appears on the big screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hi kirk :)

Jaysus Rob has been off the scene for 16 years now that's nuts

Okon wrote: »
    Basically, yes.

For instance, Slane got The Wild Rover, Manchester on Tuesday got I Wanna Be Adored (Stone Roses) and tonight at Twickenham they done Killers (Iron Maiden)

After the mess around cover, Rob then goes in to Orion while footage of Cliff appears on the big screens.

i wonder quite often what direction the band would have taken had Cliff not died, would they have sacked Lars as was heavily rumoured?

scudzilla wrote: »
    i wonder quite often what direction the band would have taken had Cliff not died, would they have sacked Lars as was heavily rumoured?

And if they sacked Lars would they be playing stadiums in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So many questions that will never ever ever be answered

If cliff was still alive what would happened to the bands career ??

What if Jason never left the band ???

What if James quit ?

• Advertisement

Shite drummer, utter gobshite but yeah, he's the driving force behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What if James quit ?

What if it ended up with James, Mustaine, Cliff and Lombardo??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What if James quit ?

What if Hulk Hogan wasn't talking shyte and actually became the bassist?

Would Exodus have been bigger if Kirk didn't leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Killers would be good on Garage Inc. 2 (with James singing though)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Would Exodus have been bigger if Kirk didn't leave?

Exodus are producing far better music now than ever, I'd class it even better than what Metallica are currently doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

At Twickenham show last night, missed Bokasso altogether, caught most of Ghost. I thought it before but am certain now, they were chosen as support as there is no chance of them ever upstaging the big boys. Thought they were godawful, Manson did this schtick in the 90s and did it infinitely better, they can fcuk right off.

Anyway, main event. Good gig, they seemed very tight musically, no mistakes that I noticed, they played Harvester which was a highlight, loved the backdrop and fire show for One. First time seeing em and am glad to tick them off the list but wouldn't be in any major rush to see em again, certainly not out doors anyway.

At Twickenham show last night, missed Bokasso altogether, caught most of Ghost. I thought it before but am certain now, they were chosen as support as there is no chance of them ever upstaging the big boys. Thought they were godawful, Manson did this schtick in the 90s and did it infinitely better, they can fcuk right off.

Anyway, main event. Good gig, they seemed very tight musically, no mistakes that I noticed, they played Harvester which was a highlight, loved the backdrop and fire show for One. First time seeing em and am glad to tick them off the list but wouldn't be in any major rush to see em again, certainly not out doors anyway.

Ridiculous statement. They were chosen as James is a big fan (the others might be too, no idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

First time I heard Ghost at Slane and thought they were brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

Missed Bokassa at Twickenham but have to say Ghost were great and Metallica were in top form. Awesome set - 5th time seeing them and it was a treat. Happy to hear No Leaf Clover live for the first time!

Funnily enough a woman behind me brought her two kids, which is not unusual in itself, save for the fact the kids were about 3 and 4, and clearly were tired by 9 o'clock.

• Advertisement

fluke wrote: »
    Missed Bokassa at Twickenham but have to say Ghost were great and Metallica were in top form. Awesome set - 5th time seeing them and it was a treat. Happy to hear No Leaf Clover live for the first time!

Funnily enough a woman behind me brought her two kids, which is not unusual in itself, save for the fact the kids were about 3 and 4, and clearly were tired by 9 o'clock.

Any ear defenders for them? Seems a bit young for a loud rock concert without any.

Advertisement