Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It was a highly anticipated album

It was still s**t though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It was still s**t though

That has nothing to do with this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Metallica's Blizzcon 2014 set

1. The Ecstasy of Gold
    2. Hit the Lights
    3. Master of Puppets
    4. Ride the Lightning
    5. Harvester of Sorrow (Followed by Kirk solo)
    6. Fade to Black
    7. Fuel
    8. Cyanide
    9. Sad But True
    10. One
    11. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    12. Creeping Death
    13. Enter Sandman
    14. Battery (preceded by The Frayed Ends of Sanity jam)
    15. Seek & Destroy (w/ The Frayed Ends of Sanity outro jam)

Awesome set list, full of surprises :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

James' vocal delivery and general stage presence is becoming ever more cringe worthy. Just sing the fecking song and never mind the histrionics.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

scudzilla wrote: »
    Awesome set list, full of surprises :rolleyes:

Being sarcastic here in case anyone thought otherwise, they left out Nothing Else Matters, how dare they.

• Advertisement

Metallica's set getting underway, pretty brief just 3 songs

1. For Whom The Bells Toll
    2. Master Of Puppets
    3. Enter Sandman

http://www.theconcertforvalor.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/three-years-after-release-metallicas-lulu-has-yet-to-surpass-35000-in-u-s-sales/

Not the biggest surprise in the world, but Lulu has sold around 33k in the States. The question I have is how many of the 33,000 actually listened to the album more than once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I've actually never listened to it (not that I bought it either), been curious to give it a spin to seen how bad it is. My impression from the I am the table song was that there was potentially some good music in it, but lou reeds vocals always kept me away (nothing against lou, but it didn't sound right to me). It also sounds like they were doing the sort of thing like in skom where lars was trying to play off beat and made an absolute hash of it.

Is James still the table?

Seiously though that album had 'Lars Ulrich vanity project' written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Awful album, I pretend it doesn't exist and it was all a bad dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is James still the table?

Seiously though that album had 'Lars Ulrich vanity project' written all over it.

I don't think James just goes along with Lars when it comes to the music of the band. The musical output is something that they often clash over, as in what'll be the lead track, what will the final song selection on an album be? As James says, 'I only want to put out stuff I think is good.' so I don't think that he'd put his name to musical output that he didn't like just to facilitate a Lars ego thing.

But Lulu is what it is and it's a collaboration anyway. It's not something I would count among their official canon of albums. It's funny, though, because I've been noticing a lot of St. Anger fans start to stick their head above the parapet in the last while. Maybe in 3 decades, people will be going, 'Yeah, I don't know. Lulu's got some deep artistic merit, man. Very underrated.' I mean, if Sunn O))) gets rave reviews for Monoliths on Metacritic with it's rusty lawnmower music, anything can happen.

metallica were pawns in lou reeds little experiment, i thought it was what it was...

Metallica start their week long stint on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Metallica start their week long stint on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight.

This will be interesting. I know they're not go to play 'So What' but hopefully they won't play it too safe and they'll give us something interesting.

Kirk's 52 today

Hit The Lights from Night 1 of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

James & Lars interview, they show up at the 20:38 mark

Jaysus that Criag Ferguson fella is annoying!!

Jaysus that Criag Ferguson fella is annoying!!

I hadn't ever seen him before but he's awful. Definitely a long way behind the rest of the talk show hosts on American TV. Kind of like a League 1 show compared to the Premier league David Letterman/Jimmy Fallon/Jimmy Kimmell etc. Surprising that Metallica didn't aim to get on one of the other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I hadn't ever seen him before but he's awful. Definitely a long way behind the rest of the talk show hosts on American TV. Kind of like a League 1 show compared to the Premier league David Letterman/Jimmy Fallon/Jimmy Kimmell etc. Surprising that Metallica didn't aim to get on one of the other shows.

Manish Bhasin is a much better presenter than Gary Lineker

Released on this day in 1997

10247320_10152224509485264_7758338101032549861_n.jpg?oh=0c188ae087fcbeec774b8d854cfd5e41&oe=54D1BDE4

Audio of Metallica live @ The Agora in Cleveland, December 1983,

The Ecstasy of Gold
    Hit the Lights
    The Four Horsemen
    Jump in the Fire
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Ride the Lightning
    Phantom Lord
    The Call of Ktulu (Early version called “When Hell Freezes Over)
    No Remorse
    Seek & Destroy
    (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
    Whiplash
    Creeping Death
    (Guitar Solo)
    Metal Militia
    Motorbreath

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/early-metallica-live-at-the-agora-in-cleveland-december-1983-listen-up.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

Maybe Metallica like Craig? All the big American Talk shows are basically a circuit where you have celebrities on a junket being asked pre-approved questions. It's only on the B-shows where they really experiment a bit and try to have a laugh. Even Conan feels relatively straight-jacketed since he 'moved up'.

Maybe Ferguson is annoying, but still not as annoying as [big talk show host] going "Paul Rudd, why are you so amazing?" (Audience : "WOOOOOOOOOO!").

Ugh... Fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I'd love to see them belt out Last Caress on Craig Ferguson's show.

I'd love to see them belt out Last Caress on Craig Ferguson's show.

It was For Whom The Bell Tolls last night apparently. I presume ES will make an appearance either tonight or tmw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Ugh... Fuel.

You can tell James loves that one. Gives him a chance to really get his yaaaarrrl on.

• Advertisement

Looks like the sting of a dying wasp...
    anyone not expecting much from the next album?

Advertisement