Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 2 (Jude)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

So when are we going to settle on our next theme? The concensus seems to be for a fairy tail, and Cinderella is getting the most votes by acclamation. Is that enough or do we want an 'official' vote before kicking off?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm happy with Cinderella too.
    Must read over a synopsis of the story to refresh my memory!

I suppose Monday morning for the official launch of competition 3?
    As soon as the winner for Jude is announced.
    Pickarooney can start the thread.

The list of entries for Jude got lots of hits this week since the sitewide announcement was put up. Hopefully now that people are aware of the competition, we'll get more entries.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I hope to put up a thread on Monday on this, but will be mostly AWOL the rest of the week. If by midday tomorrow there's no rush of ideas we'll most likely go with Cinderella.

Personally I'm most interested in seeing the entries that do not modernise the tale or give it a humorous slant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've chased down as many ghost-voters as I could so tomorrow I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that the result doesn't change between counting and not counting the non-posters. There are a couple of votes to be added manually because of a technical glitch with one poster's votes as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks for all the work on this pickarooney. I know its a hassle but my god, its been a huge success.

Im just interested in how people can alter the cinderella story, the tale is so familiar, I wonder how people will change it and yet still have it recognisable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement