Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think Kelleher got AIL offers last year but stayed at Richmond to try to get them promoted.

With Hanrahan coming through I don't think there's a space for Burke to come back in the reckoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

surely whoever is better rather than 'space' is the deciding factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I think Kelleher got AIL offers last year but stayed at Richmond to try to get them promoted.

With Hanrahan coming through I don't think there's a space for Burke to come back in the reckoning.

He did and it was a loyal and silly decision.

It seems Hanrahan is being developed as a 12, whereas Burke covers 10 and 13. Anyhow, we're not so loaded with outhalves we can overlook anyone at A level, imo. Burke is most likely too small for the pro game but he's a talented player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It seems Hanrahan is being developed as a 12, whereas Burke covers 10 and 13. Anyhow, we're not so loaded with outhalves we can overlook anyone at A level, imo. Burke is most likely too small for the pro game but he's a talented player.

If he's good enough size shouldn't matter, to an extent. Look at Gio Aplon, ffs. The man's a midget, compared to the Tommy Bowes, Lee Byrnes of this world.

But if he's good enough or not remains to be seen.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    If he's good enough size shouldn't matter, to an extent. Look at Gio Aplon, ffs. The man's a midget, compared to the Tommy Bowes, Lee Byrnes of this world.

But if he's good enough or not remains to be seen.

He's also not particularly durable. He's had a bad run of injuries for a young guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

He's also not particularly durable. He's had a bad run of injuries for a young guy.

He's not particularly consistent either. If it wasn't a position we were so desperately short in we probably wouldn't even be talking about him.

He's not particularly consistent either. If it wasn't a position we were so desperately short in we probably wouldn't even be talking about him.

Maybe, maybe not, he's had a good season for UCC, albeit at centre from what I've heard. It'll be interesting to see if Munsters move him back to 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kerrysdad

Word is that Hanrahan is a kicking 12 who thinks he is a 10, big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cathal Sheridan is NOT going to Edinburgh. According to a poster on TRF who seems to be in the know when it comes to Munster, he went to Scotland for a trial and didn't like it over there.

Think Munster listed him among their academy squad anyway.

kerrysdad wrote: »
    Word is that Hanrahan is a kicking 12 who thinks he is a 10, big difference

He's probably played 85% of his rugby at 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Mfans reporting that Rowley's on trial at Plymouth.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

SKU_14639.jpg

SKU_14644.jpg

sku_14673.jpg

sku_14657.jpg

sku_14665.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kerrysdad

theboss80 wrote: »
    sku_14657.jpg

sku_14665.jpg
    If the new jersey is as nice we will deffo win the "best turned out" trophy for 2011-2012 !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I've seen the (allegedly) new jersey pics , it really is a return to form. They are on Munsterfans. Launching today I think?

Nicest jerseys in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

theboss80 wrote: »

They look good especially the away jersey. Nice design thats not overcomplicated like many other jerseys. Good to see them changing the shorts colour again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

3 very decent efforts, no harm in a ropey training jersey, no doubt a few will buy it
    Home jersey looks to be best effort in a few years

I think the home jersey is a bit boring and that looks closer to Canterbury red then Munster red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Munster Take To The Road
    14 July 2011, 3:02 pm
    By Pat Geraghty
    Waterford is the venue next Friday week for a visit from the Munster Rugby Squad who will conduct their training session at the Regional Sports Centre.
    Then on Friday July 29th they'll be in Cashel RFC and the following Friday (6th) it's Tralee RFC that will host the morning session, the last get-together the squad will have before they depart for France and the opening game (friendly) of the season against La Rochelle.

Following on from that game in France, Munster will play London Wasps in Musgrave Park (Aug 19th) and then London Irish (Thomond Park Stadium) on the 26th, the weekend before the RaboDirect PRO12 League commences with Munster rumoured to be at home to Newport Gwent Dragons.

The squad sessions in Waterford, Cashel & Tralee all have 10.30am starts and are due to finish at 1pm approx with the players available for autograph signings after they've changed and had lunch.
    Awful shame ill be working when their down in waterford, wouldnt mind going to watch them! not much happens down this way regarding munster!

See the new stand at Musgrave is underway, will be interesting to see what games get moved to Musgrave to play there. Broadly speaking, two playing bases is a good thing but still have to see if the crowds will be there for what will most likely be low key matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

See the new stand at Musgrave is underway, will be interesting to see what games get moved to Musgrave to play there. Broadly speaking, two playing bases is a good thing but still have to see if the crowds will be there for what will most likely be low key matches.

I'd be surpised if many more games are moved to Musgrave beyond the usual 4 or 5 a season

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Any links for the redevelopment plans at Musgrave?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ALH-06 wrote: »
    Any links for the redevelopment plans at Musgrave?

for now its just tearing down the old small stand and replacing it with a temporary larger one, the rest of the ground remains the same

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/9181.php

there was a plan for more general redevelopment.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/kfkfeycwqlkf/rss2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Believe the bigger plans have been shelved, thankfully as Munster don't even fill Musgrave for the league games down there and are struggling to fill Thomond apart from the HCup and Leinster games.

Riskymove wrote: »
    for now its just tearing down the old small stand and replacing it with a temporary larger one, the rest of the ground remains the same

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/9181.php

there was a plan for more general redevelopment.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/kfkfeycwqlkf/rss2/

Is the second plan off the agenda altogether now? I thought this was just an interim development.

Anyone else getting the feeling that Munster aren't going to sign any more players and just make do with what we have?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

Anyone else getting the feeling that Munster aren't going to sign any more players and just make do with what we have?

I'm expecting another outside back to be honest, and a front row, but I think the more homegrown talent that can break into the team the better for all concerned.

Don't forget the post-RWC influx of southern hemisphere talent, surely Munster and the other Irish provinces will pick up a few more gems.

• Advertisement

Catch15 wrote: »
    I'm expecting another outside back to be honest, and a front row, but I think the more homegrown talent that can break into the team the better for all concerned.

Don't forget the post-RWC influx of southern hemisphere talent, surely Munster and the other Irish provinces will pick up a few more gems.

Doubt we'll sign another front rower, we have three NIQ props (du Preez, Botha and Borlase). Can see us (and Leinster) throwing our toys out of the pram if Connacht are allowed have more NIQ's than us so though.

So far we've 5 I think which would allow us sign at least 1 but if we get mouthy we might get another one. One centre and one backrower would be ideal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement