Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing tar spots from paintwork?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

Use Butter or margarine.
    Honestly -it Works and is safe to skin and paintwork. No Toxic chemicals. No Gloves req'd.
    It will Not Run in Cool weather. Daub in On, Leave for an Hour or so and wash off with warm water & Detergent. Works Great on Hands After Tarring Jobs. Non Toxic and readily available. I Used it to clean-up after heating pitch for a flat roof repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

*Kol* wrote: »
    I was polishing the car the other day and tbh most of the tar spots flicked off with a push of a finger nail and the little black spot that remained polished away easily enough with normal polish.

That's becausse you have kept a decent coat of wax on your car.
    prevention is better than cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

I did the rest of the car this evening with the tar and bug remover

even did front and back bumpers, bottom side panels

man, the car looks sweet! another washing tomorr hopefully followed by a wax.

now, just left to disguise the few chips in the black paintwork...

Advertisement