Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

OK. I'm in a job not much better than your mans. Some jobs can be soul distroying and do more harm than good. But if he can stick it out, remember , the best time to look for a job is when your actually in a job!

Good luck.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

RubyK wrote: »
    Yea but how do you say no when you've only just started. He is on probation. It's not the hours he minds it's the pay. After all those hours and childminder is paid he only has 100 euro left for himself. I'd rather he was on the dole. I think the job-hunting will continue!!!

Eurobase are looking for people.

http://www.euro-base.com/index.php/careers/

Thanks for that he did try there before but didn't get called because of his lack of experience I'd say. I'll try again though.

Yea but how do you say no when you've only just started. He is on probation. It's not the hours he minds it's the pay. After all those hours and childminder is paid he only has 100 euro left for himself. I'd rather he was on the dole. I think the job-hunting will continue!!!

Thanks for that he did try there before but didn't get called because of his lack of experience I'd say. I'll try again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Get him to register with Genzyme online, and upload his CV. They are recruiting at the moment. Hope things pick up for him in the new job, or he gets sorted with something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

@ afee
    i think i may have dodged a bullit with regards keltech.i didn't even get a reply and was glad after reading some comments here week's ago.
    its tough out there but you have to stay positive.
    and like other posters said its easier to get a job while in one.

• Advertisement

tsoparno wrote: »
    @ afee
    i think i may have dodged a bullit with regards keltech.i didn't even get a reply and was glad after reading some comments here week's ago.
    its tough out there but you have to stay positive.
    and like other posters said its easier to get a job while in one.

You definitely dodged a bullet there. He is going to keep applying everywhere. I hope he finds something soon. His 2nd day in the place and he looked so depressed going in. My heart was broken. I mean I knew there were s***holes around but never imagined they were that bad!!! Imagine 50 hours work for 370 euro what a joke

Godsentme wrote: »
    OK. I'm in a job not much better than your mans. Some jobs can be soul distroying and do more harm than good. But if he can stick it out, remember , the best time to look for a job is when your actually in a job!

Good luck.;)

Thank you ;-) I hope you are right for my husbands sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭jos22

are those jobs shift based. dose anyone what shift cycles they use if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jo_bombshell

I know this is a jobs thread, but this info may be useful for anyone, particularly women thinking of setting up their own business. I lost my job unexpectedly last year and have since took the opportunity to set up my own business. (was always too scared to take the risk, but had nothing to lose after my job loss)

The Social Welfare fair play to them are a great help in getting you started (thought i'd never say anything good about them after all the waiting and crap to get the dole in the first place, but there ya go). And the area partnership and enterprise board are also great for advice and funding.

I know it may sound a bit sexist, but there is a FREE information morning in the tower hotel for any women thinking of setting up their own business the "FAB" Programme (females at business) on 13th Sept from 9.30 - 12.30. I personally completed this programme last year and found it a great help as it helps you to decide if your business idea will work and how to finetune it as well as providing a start your own business course.

Here is the link to their facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/FABProgramme?sk=info

There is also may options from social welfare such as the back to work enterprise allowance that help people setting up their own business by providing grants and letting you keep full dole for your first year of business and 75% for the second year, so at least you may have money there to pay the bills while you get your business off the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Pretty sexist if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Pretty sexist if you ask me.

Absolutely! It's ridiculous (the ladies-only information meeting, not having a go @ bombshell for posting it), especially considering that the "FAB" group probably promotes its drive for "equality in the workplace"!!

Nothing wrecks my head more then sexist/racist groups who promote their discriminatory actions as paving the way for equality!!!

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

centra on the quay is looking for someone part time in the deli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Dominos are advertising for a driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Heard someone talking about a jobs/career fair this evening in Waterford? They couldn't remember where it was. I have checked the WLR site but can't find any info. Maybe they were wrong about the date but by any chance has anyone heard of this tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

afaik its the 19th that it is on

RxQueen wrote: »
    afaik its the 19th that it is on

Thanks for that - do you have any other info on it or a link to somewhere?

Where's it on, who is organising it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

scout353 wrote: »
    Heard someone talking about a jobs/career fair this evening in Waterford? They couldn't remember where it was. I have checked the WLR site but can't find any info. Maybe they were wrong about the date but by any chance has anyone heard of this tonight?

Not to be negative by any means but I would advise to check out whether this is really a jobs/career fair before going.

I remember going to a "jobs fair" in the Ramada Hotel held by Matrix recruitment a couple of years ago. I went in, there was 1 stand there, that of the recruitment agency hosting the "event". I was given a sheet and I filled out my details and work, academic history etc. I asked them questions and was told they had jobs in several different areas: general operative jobs in factories, desk jobs in legal sector etc. I was told they would be in touch, they never were. I contacted them several times, and got no reply. Such a waste of time.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Not to be negative by any means but I would advise to check out whether this is really a jobs/career fair before going.

I remember going to a "jobs fair" in the Ramada Hotel held by Matrix recruitment a couple of years ago. I went in, there was 1 stand there, that of the recruitment agency hosting the "event". I was given a sheet and I filled out my details and work, academic history etc. I asked them questions and was told they had jobs in several different areas: general operative jobs in factories, desk jobs in legal sector etc. I was told they would be in touch, they never were. I contacted them several times, and got no reply. Such a waste of time.

Thanks for the advice.

That's why I am trying to get more info on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I think this might be the jobs fair (get Ireland working) it is actually on tomorrow the 20th.

http://www.facebook.com/theirishsun?sk=app_288759864474423

From what I can see from Facebook it seems more focused on CV/interview techniques etc. rather than companies showing up to recruit I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

I think this might be the jobs fair (get Ireland working) it is actually on tomorrow the 20th.

http://www.facebook.com/theirishsun?sk=app_288759864474423

From what I can see from Facebook it seems more focused on CV/interview techniques etc. rather than companies showing up to recruit I could be wrong though.

I am surprised I'm the first to comment on the above, although the lack of number there was no surprise..... At least it was admitted my the editor for the Irish Sun, the complete lack of advertisement left the seminar well short.

I have to thank all the panelists and the advisers at their respective booths, they showed. And the MC of the day, never met the man, but I am told he is in the business department at WIT and is at the front line for helping to develop up and coming businesses.

Ben Dunne.... the man is a menace, I believe he was there purely for the SHOCK factor, knowing his relationship with the Irish Sun, he was a joke!

Look forward to the return of the " get Ireland back working " tour, hopefully more numbers and less complainers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think Subway on John St. are looking for staff. So a sign but it was behind counter by the till, wasn't put up at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Sully wrote: »
    I think Subway on John St. are looking for staff. So a sign but it was behind counter by the till, wasn't put up at the time.

It's in the window now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Briscoe Conway Jewlers looking for someone for part time weekend hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Thank you !
    wheres that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Thank you !
    wheres that?

It's in John Roberts Sq. isn't it? Opposite Sam McCauleys Chemist I think?

Thank you !
    wheres that?

13 Broad Street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭decies

Still waiting for a reply from that crowd for a job interview over two years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

decies wrote: »
    Still waiting for a reply from that crowd for a job interview over two years ago!!

I think you should start looking else where......

decies wrote: »

Only passing on what i saw in their window on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭decies

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    I think you should start looking else where......

Touche but the points still stands.
    Pathetic you get an interview in the place and they tell you they will get back to you in a couple of days and you hear nothing.

Advertisement