Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Colour B4" Hair dye remover

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

What colour is it dyed?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

Currently 20 mins into the application of colour b4.. Feeling pretty nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

How did it turn out?

Going to be doing this again myself at the weekend. My current hair colour is too dark. Seeing ridiculously visible roots after 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

It strips the heavy build up of dye from your hair , it has never brought my hair back to it original colour ....I always have a box of dye ready to go in after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Guys does this stuff damage your hair? I am debating using it. I've long hair and its a mess of colours - a horrible dull brown at the top where the dark brown dye I used last faded out and the mid to ends is a dark reddish brown from god knows what mix of medium browns and reds. The ends are currently raspberry coloured where I bleached them. I had dip dye before and it looked great but for some reason thsi time the bleach wouldn;t take properly so it looks a bit dull. I'd do my usually and dye over the lot only I can see that being a mess with it already a few colours.

anyway I'm tempted to use this to strip out the colours and then just dye over the whole lot with either a dark brown or a dark red. My only worry is that it would wreck my hair and given that I already bleached the ends I wasnt sure if it would make them worse.

I never use permanent dye (except the bleach at the very ends) so its all build up from semis - boots botanics demi permamanet, loreal castings, revlon colour bomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Guys does this stuff damage your hair? I am debating using it. I've long hair and its a mess of colours - a horrible dull brown at the top where the dark brown dye I used last faded out and the mid to ends is a dark reddish brown from god knows what mix of medium browns and reds. The ends are currently raspberry coloured where I bleached them. I had dip dye before and it looked great but for some reason thsi time the bleach wouldn;t take properly so it looks a bit dull. I'd do my usually and dye over the lot only I can see that being a mess with it already a few colours.

anyway I'm tempted to use this to strip out the colours and then just dye over the whole lot with either a dark brown or a dark red. My only worry is that it would wreck my hair and given that I already bleached the ends I wasnt sure if it would make them worse.

I never use permanent dye (except the bleach at the very ends) so its all build up from semis - boots botanics demi permamanet, loreal castings, revlon colour bomb

it works like bleach in lifting the pigment from your hair so it would damaging but the extent really depends on the condition of your hair. It may not be too bad. If you have only been using semis and colour bombs you may not need to leave it in too long, if it lifts quiet quick just rinse it.I wouldn't leave any of those things in for a set time .If your hair has been dyed red it will be harder and longer to lift.try avoid the roots as its new hair and will lift different.

Alternatively, you could use bleach, shampoo and hot water mixed together and massage it into your hair. You will need to watch it though. It may only take too minutes.

Have the new dye you want to put in at the ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Guys does this stuff damage your hair? I am debating using it.
    it works like bleach in lifting the pigment from your hair so it would damaging but the extent really depends on the condition of your hair.

I don't think it works like bleach.
    ColourB4™ reverses your hair colouring process. A permanent hair colour works by depositing small artificial pigment molecules inside your hair. If you think of your hair as a swimming pool imagine those artificial pigment molecules as hundreds of marbles. However, all permanent hair colour requires hydrogen peroxide to create that
    permanent result. Peroxide causes something called ‘oxidation’ meaning the hydrogen peroxide ‘oxidizes’ when the air hits it and causes those artificial hair molecule marbles to expand to the size of colourful footballs and become trapped inside that swimming
    pool (your hair).

Because those colour molecules have expanded they simply cannot be washed from the hair – no matter how hard you try – they are trapped and permanent.

How Does ColourB4™ Work?

ColourB4™ works by literally reversing the above process. When intermixed , parts A and B of ColourB4™ are able to shrink those big (football) artificial hair colour molecules back to their original (marble) size.

Anyway, I used it for the second time the other day. Did no damage to my hair at all. I just used some normal conditioner after I was was washing it out.

My hair was dyed a dark,vibrant red. I have absolutely ****loads of hair (long, thick and unruly) so there were some parts that lifted lighter or less than others but it lifted to pretty much my natural colour, darker on the ends and lighter at the roots. I had planned on going to the hairdressers anyway so I got them to even it out when they were putting in the new semi but I could have easily enough done it myself.

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Anything that lightens your hair is using a high peroxide and or bleach. If I had the pamphlet I would be putting my money on 9% or above. It will have some effect on hair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Anything that lightens your hair is using a high peroxide and or bleach. If I had the pamphlet I would be putting my money on 9% or above. It will have some effect on hair

It doesn't work like bleach at all, it doesn't have peroxide or bleach in it and It doesn't damage your hair, it leaves it feeling as close as possible to virgin hair as you are going to get, it may feel a bit crap after rinsing it for so long but nothing a deep conditioner won't sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

It doesn't lighten your hair, it just lifts the dyed colour's out of it. It wont damage it at all, its nothing close to bleach!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Here's the list of ingredients.

Remover: Aqua (Water), Sodium Hydrosulphite, Polysorbate 80, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance. Activator: Aqua (Water), Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerine, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. Buffer: Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocosulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerine, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Hydrogen, Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clairabell

Hi does anyone know where I can buy a level 1 colour? I've been to 7 pharmacies/supermarkets today and can't find any???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Hey all

I am looking to try this, I have been going black for the last year or so but would like to go back to red.

Would it be safe to put in a red colour after I have removed the colour or do you 100% have to you use this light as colour?

Was thinking of trying one of the wash out reds just to get me buy before using a semi permanent or permanent colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Boum

I've been dying my very hair darkbrown with permanent - for years - covering a natural white streak at the front (too hard to maintain). I'd like to see how gray my hair is now - would Colour b4 restore my natural grey/white hair - Any posts I've seen are people wanting to cover gray afterwards - any advise

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Boum wrote: »
    I've been dying my very hair darkbrown with permanent - for years - covering a natural white streak at the front (too hard to maintain). I'd like to see how gray my hair is now - would Colour b4 restore my natural grey/white hair - Any posts I've seen are people wanting to cover gray afterwards - any advise

I'm not sure as I find some old colour is still locked into the hair but the best person to ask would be Scott Cornwall the guy who created it although the product he sells now is Decolour Remover. Here's his Facebook page, he's very helpful.

Advertisement