Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Colour B4" Hair dye remover

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

I've just bought Colour B4 regular.I saw it in my local chemist, but they didn't have the extra strength one. My hair is a dark brown colour but kind of looks black, and it's naturally a mousy brown colour. I'm just wondering has anybody maybe used the regular a few times and found it to work or should I just be on the look out for the extra strength somewhere?

And also, will it expose all my grey hairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My sister used this last night on her hair and I actually couldn't believe the results.

I paid 175 to get my hair stripped before. Digusted I didn't go down this route first.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Melissa89 wrote: »
    I've just bought Colour B4 regular.I saw it in my local chemist, but they didn't have the extra strength one. My hair is a dark brown colour but kind of looks black, and it's naturally a mousy brown colour. I'm just wondering has anybody maybe used the regular a few times and found it to work or should I just be on the look out for the extra strength somewhere?

And also, will it expose all my grey hairs?

I had almost same dyed hair, dark brown black, turned out nice golden colour, lots of grey too :) you only have to use it once to work.

Then i just used a temp colour, 6 wash colour for a few weeks, to let my hair rest. As i found it really drying, my own fault for not putting in conditioner after b4.

Now my hair is dyed light brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

After years of colouring my hair, its oversaturated with dye, and way too dark(apart from the grey roots:D) so i'm going to try the extra strength tonight. Hopefully it will turn out okay, but just incase i have a box of dark brown haircolour handy to cover any mistakes!! I'll try to take some pictures too and upload them....wish me luck lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

shinikins wrote: »
    After years of colouring my hair, its oversaturated with dye, and way too dark(apart from the grey roots:D) so i'm going to try the extra strength tonight. Hopefully it will turn out okay, but just incase i have a box of dark brown haircolour handy to cover any mistakes!! I'll try to take some pictures too and upload them....wish me luck lol
    Good luck with it!

I used the regular on mine, it lightened it a bit, not a whole lot, it has coppery tones in it now. I'll definitely pick up the extra strength one when i see it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

So forgot all about updating, and loaned my camera to my sister so no pics :rolleyes: Tried it about a week and a half ago, and it stripped out quite a lot of the dye, but as my hair is soooo dark i knew it would need a second box. I left it for a week or so to normalise a bit, and then used a second box of
    extra strength this evening.....

-Mixed it together, put it in my hair(its rather dry, not at all like colouring your hair so no need to worry about it dripping) washed the dishes while i was waiting the 20 minutes :D

-Rinsed it out and put the Buffer in(plucked my eyebrows while i was waiting for that 2 minutes to be up !)

-Rinse again, and shampoo with the rest of the buffer(smells like green apple shampoo my mother used to buy when we were kids!)

-Dried my hair, and what a result-almost all my grey is visible:eek: but all the dark colour is gone! Hair was a little bit red-brown, but quite nice actually. If i wasn't grey as a badger i would have left it that way!!

-Used a box of Nice and Easy in Dark Blonde to cover the greys and even out the tone and its fantastic now! Extremely soft and so shiny!! The only problem i had in the whole process was that the hot water ran out, otherwise i'm very impressed and would definitely recommend it to anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I bought this yesterday... didn't get a chance to use it yet. Was standing in Boots looking at the Regular v Extra Strength and bought Extra Strength!
    I'm terrified to use it, I'm going to Liverpool in the morning for a 2 night break - afraid that it'll be a disaster if I use it before I go and I'll be white headed or something! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

i bleached my hair and then dyed it a bright red but when i re-did it after a month or so (with the same brand and colour-crazy colour 'fire') it went really dark and deep rather than bright like last time:

1)does anyone have any idea why or how to stop this happening again?

and

2) im thinking of trying colour b4 on it (i dont think it works as well on those types of semis although afaik the buffers are supposed to do a good job on them) do you reckon it'll give me a good enough result to try the dye again to get my bright hair back or will i need to go the bleaching route again?

thanks for any help- i miss my hair! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

CK2010 wrote: »
    do you reckon it'll give me a good enough result to try the dye again to get my bright hair back or will i need to go the bleaching route again?

The bleach will stay in your hair after colour before because that's permanent. Read up on it if your curious, http://www.scottcornwall.com/index.php/faq
    If your hair was tends to go a darker then the colour on the bottle, it'll go darker for sure after you use colourB4, I made that mistake this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I used colour b4 today - better results than I expected. My hair is a light brown/caramel after using it (slightly ginger I suppose)
    I'll leave it a few washes and put in a 28 wash colour in light brown.. Want to try keep my hair as free of chemicals as possible from now on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hi there,

I've just used one box of this stuff tonight - my hair is naturally fair, but i've been dying it dark brown for years!

Very happy with the result, hair is a strawberry blonde/caramel colour. Would love to put some highlights in it tomorrow. Does anyone know if this is recommended? I know it's not the best for my hair, but would the colour take correctly?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Glowing, if you're on facebook you can post on the 'Scott Cornwall hair expert' page then the guy that invented it will answer your questions or else you can read over his old replies to other people!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

I really want to try this out. Doies anyone know if it would be suitable for thin and fine hair or would it be too strong. I can't get my hair stripped in a salon as it would prob end up falling out but if this was milder I would be tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Well it doesnt make your hair dry or anything like that, so it shouldnt make your hair fall out!!
    After I used it my hair was in much better condition than I thought it would be...

Well impressed with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

I think I will give it a try so, and keep the fingers crossed that there won't be disasterous results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrohan88

Hi all, just been reading through the thread and like the sound of this product. Has anyone got any pictures to post of before and after? I am a bit nervous to use. I don't really want ginger hair :p

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I used this stuff on Saturday but don’t have before and after pics! My hair was dyed black and I’ve been putting black, permanent colours in every few weeks for the past few years. I got the extra strength one and kept it on for an hour. The lengths of my hair didn’t lighten much, but the top did. It has a ginger tinge to it, but it’s not a bad colour. I’m going to try another box of the extra strength one this week but just not put it on at the roots and hope the colour evens out a bit.

I think cos there was so much colour build up on my hair it didn’t work out so great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Just wondering how this product works on highlighted hair done in a hairdressers.

The colour in about 6 months now, and I don't have the cash to go to the hairdressers at the moment and don't want to risk putting in a colour which doesn't match with what's in my hair already. (I'm also too impatient to let it grow out as my hair is about mid-back length).

Thanks in advance.

convert wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Just wondering how this product works on highlighted hair done in a hairdressers.

The colour in about 6 months now, and I don't have the cash to go to the hairdressers at the moment and don't want to risk putting in a colour which doesn't match with what's in my hair already. (I'm also too impatient to let it grow out as my hair is about mid-back length).

Thanks in advance.

No, don't use it. It can't darken your hair, it can only remove dye, highlights are bleach.

http://www.scottcornwall.com/faq

there's info on the FAQ section,

Use a semi that's about what your natural hair colour was, it sorted mine out when I got highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

I went looking for this in two of the Boots stores in Cork city today. In the big one near Opera Lane and the other on Patricks street and couldn't find it :(

Was wondering if anyone knew anywhere else in Cork city where you can buy it?

I'm not in an emergency, I just want to get rid of the dark brown hair I have and make it lighter as it's too dark for me!

• Advertisement

I finally found the Regular Colour B4 today in boots. No extra strength, but I thought I'd give this a go anyway.

I had dark red-ish hair up until last year and I've been going a shade lighter every few months. However the bottom of my hair has always been darker.

Just used it and my hair is now completely dry...there is a slight ginger tint of it but its definitely a lighter brown, with darker ends. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet as it looks different everytime I look at it.

I'm thinking of going to try and find the extra strength version tomorrow to try that to see if I can get it lighter, but I'll leave this colour until tomorrow.

As for the feel of my hair, it feels the same as after I normally wash my hair except the smell of rotten eggs from the product is still lingering around.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Hi just wondering if anyone can advise me!

I've been dying my hair red with months. In January I bleached my hair put a red Loreal colour in. I used crazy and jeans colours so hair was fiery red. I've toned it down now but still red would this product work for me? I'm looking to go blonde. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You would probably need to use two bottles of it.

I've been dying my hair red with months. In January I bleached my hair put a red Loreal colour in. I used crazy and jeans colours so hair was fiery red. I've toned it down now but still red would this product work for me? I'm looking to go blonde. Thanks

I wouldn't be sure, because it can't take out stains and I know sometimes red hair dye actually stains the hair, I don't know the chemistry behind it but it might not take it out.
    I did use it to take two layers of colour off, one pure red (brighter then Florence and the machine) and then a dark brown to hide the hair disaster, and I couldn't see any red left (but I naturally am strawberry blonde), but it may have just washed out of my hair like red usually does?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Thanks for the replies! I think Ill chance it and see how it goes. I am so fed up of red hair! Ill let yew know how i get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Your hair will go orange as red is very hard to lift out, and you have bleached it underneath (happened to me)

Get a semi permanent light brown to put on after

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭legallyblonde86

Just saw this product on expose, I was told by a hair dressers they wouldn't strip my hair, I've been home dying for years and am naturally dark blonde but in the last year have gone from really blonde to brown to dark red, I'd love to use this but bricking it I'd look like a mongo and not be able to show my face in public! Has anyone turned a really dodgy colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Just saw this product on expose, I was told by a hair dressers they wouldn't strip my hair, I've been home dying for years and am naturally dark blonde but in the last year have gone from really blonde to brown to dark red, I'd love to use this but bricking it I'd look like a mongo and not be able to show my face in public! Has anyone turned a really dodgy colour?

My hair was bleached with bright red over it so it turned an orange colour (which is technically the natural colour) but I just put a semi permanent in after using the colour b4 and all was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭legallyblonde86

Have it in my hair at the moment.... Fingers crossed it works!!!

• Advertisement

Exact same as me, was blonde and have been dying my hair at home for years. After I took out the remover the first time, my hair ended up a light brown after the regular strength stuff.

I used the Extra strength about two weeks later and it didn't make a difference. Now about a month on, my hair is brown with parts (that are not uneven or unnaturally looking) that are still deep red and golden coloured.

My hair looks clearer and cleaner since I used it, like there isn't a build up of colours.

Let us know how you get on legallyblonde86

Advertisement