Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Colour B4" Hair dye remover

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

i used this the other day my hair is a natural dark brown i had a red xxl live in it and it was going a rusty colour , i put the colour b4 in and it turned it a light blond clour .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

tanya2007 wrote: »
    i used this the other day my hair is a natural dark brown i had a red xxl live in it and it was going a rusty colour , i put the colour b4 in and it turned it a light blond clour .

Really? Cool! Did you dye it after..as in do you have to dye it afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

ya wouldnt have to dye over because it was a nice colour like,but i did cause it didnt suit me with my black eyebrows :o ha ha.

Think I'll try this at the weekend but just curious to see if anyone has any further experiences with it? Pics would be great of hair before and after

Just tried it, results are hilarious!!! Can't believe how much I have wasted on getting my hair stripped professionally..also never realised how mank a hair colour I have naturally. Only used the normal strength because I only have two semi's on my hair since it was stripped pre xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I am SO getting this stuff once I get Eirtakon out of the way. (My costume requires my hair to be dark and below-shoulder lenght) Sorely tempted to get rid of all this dark colour build up and get a cute little silver pixie crop.
    Judging by the reviews, this stuff seems to work better than regular bleaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

I just used Colour B4 extra strength about 2 hours ago on my hair which I've been dying black for 8 years now with home kits. I can't believe how well it worked!

I've been told by numerous hairdressers that they wouldn't be able to lift the colour at all.

Definitely a product I'll be telling plenty of friends about. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 needabreaksoon

Hi,

I've only come accross these threads now. My hair is deep burgendy and I want to get it back to ash blond by Saturday - 2 days! From reading your threads, I'm thinking that it will take weeks before that happens? Can I not use the colour b4 tonight and then highlight the hair with a Home Highlighting Kit?

Would appreciate any feedback asap - as I'm planning on buying all this stuff today!

Thx

Hi,

I've only come accross these threads now. My hair is deep burgendy and I want to get it back to ash blond by Saturday - 2 days! From reading your threads, I'm thinking that it will take weeks before that happens? Can I not use the colour b4 tonight and then highlight the hair with a Home Highlighting Kit?

Would appreciate any feedback asap - as I'm planning on buying all this stuff today!

Thx

I reckon if you use the Extra strong one and follow the instructions tonight, you could sleep on it (mine was really bright, but calmed down a day or so after), and dye it the next day? I haven't dyed mine yet since doing the removal which is over two weeks agi now so couldn't really say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 taylorisme

hi
    i used garnier semi permanent hair colour (auburn mahogony) on my hair last night. it came out way too dark for me.
    would this work on my hair to bring it back to my natural colour, also will it make my natural colour lighter?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Used it couple of days ago, i'm impressed my dyed dark brown hair is gone after years + years. :) its now kinda like pic above golden brown with 50 million grey hairs :(

I didn't use any conditioner after buffering wish i did cause when i woke the next morning my hair was like straw, washed it next morning with lots of conditioner and hair is fine now.
    Haven't decided what colour to go next going to leave it a few days.
    But its great to have a choice no more dark brown :)
    Its just like putting in normal hair dye wait 20 mins and rinse forever, make sure to have clock handy.
    Also was not expecting water to be running clear when rinsing don't know where the dark dye went.
    Would recommend this product with plenty of conditioner after.

Oh yeah Munstergirl, I remember that now, thinking "why isn't the water running a mankey shade of red/brown...it ran clear??!

Recommend this stuff anyway, and also remember that the colour will fade after a few days..mine was tangerine but chilled out after a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I got this today in extra strength.. need to get a red ting out of my hair and years of dark colours on it.

I bought my usual brown to go over it but after reading around I see a light colour is suggested so Ill have to run to the shops and make a switch :D

They suggest somewhere not to dye your hair properly for a week or two as hair is still porus and will go dark.

What they suggest is wash in out colour like wella that you buy in a sachet as its only temporary.

I couldn't find the temp colour in boots only superdrug.

cool!
    I find it hard to get those temp ones alright...
    It says to use those for 4 weeks, then a semi to get ur final colour.
    Have it in now-- fingers crossed :D

Result: came out light brown with a ting of ging ha

anyone know where to get a level 1 temporary dye?
    All I can find is those krappy shaders and toners ?!

The one recommened by b4 is loving care light ash brown. Its in a white box.

3 loving care dyes very similar one says TEMPORARY (24 washes) the other one is permanent.
    Very easy to mix up. Saw it in tesco. Its smaller box too.

Found in unicare another temporary loving care 6-8 washes. This is the one b4 recommends before dying hair again if u need to cover some greys and to give hair time to rest.
    So there are 2 temporary nice + easy.
    Bought the one in unicare so going to try it tonight, looks blonde on front, going for light brown.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

This stuff sounds unreal, I wonder would it work for me?
    Have been dying my hair for about 10 / 11 years, natural hair is very light red, started out with home dyes just darker reds, have had blonde highlights which were bleach, brown with blond highlights, blonde with dark red highlights, then went brown all over but it started to get very dark so started getting highlights and let all the brown grow out so underneath was all my natural colour, then brown again which again started to look black.
    Now am a lovely red but am still growing out all this dark brown underneath so will probably take another year for that to completely gorw out, I need to get it done every 4 weeks due to my roots and it's 65 euro, after 3 weeks my roots are visible enough but I jut can't afford to get done more than every 4 weeks.
    Have been thinking lately of getting my hair stripped and see how it looks but maybe I'll give this a go!!

What exactly is it called?

Colour b4 got it in boots mixed up with hair colour.

• Advertisement

Colour B4. It comes in two strengths and as Munstergirl said, it is mixed up on the hair dye shelves in Boots. I didn't dye my hair for about three weeks after pulling the colour out of it (didn't have a need and was in college day and night so had no reason to), but instead got a full head of highlights over the colour.

Misticles; I was super ginge too but trust me it dies down :)

I believe it will work for everyone:)

http://www.scottcornwall.com/
    That's the website and the guy Scott is very active on the facebook link..

Thanks girls, actually saw the link on first post after i posted that :o.
    Really thinking about trying it, even if i didn't like the colour that comes out i'd love to be able to go back to using home dyes, can't afford salon prices every month. There's some brilliant reviews on the Boots site anyway and a few women seem to have the same history as me with bleaching and dying hair for last 10 years or so. Also my mam has a picture of my on my communion in her house and my hair colour was really gorgeous it was such a lovely light red. Am due to get my hair done next weekend but might just try this instead!!

I don't know if your hair will turn out like communion photo :) but i think the product is great, i must be dying my hair 10+ years all shades of red, brown, nearly black so i'm happy to have a choice what colour to go next.

Yeah wishful thinking about the communion photo!! tbh my roots now look nothing like my natural colour, they look more grey than anything :confused: but I'm hoping that's just cos the colour I have would be so dark in comparison. But I would just be happy to get the build up of dark colours out and start over. mmmmmm will have to give this a good think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

The product will only remove dyes that are the same depth or darker than your natural colour. Any parts that have been lightened will come out light.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Pipsie Pie

:confused:
    Just wondering how everybody's hair is after using the colour b4 a couple of week on? I have the box at home ready to go but my biggest fear is that it will make my already dry hair worse :(

I had lovely blond hair (highlighted) which i decided to have professionally dyed brunette. Had this done 3 times but it kept fading back to a dark blond colour within 4 weeks. While i do like my brunette hair i find my hair drier and hard to get it healthy & shiney looking (which my blond always looked) Roll on 2 weeks ago, when broke silly me decided that putting a home kit semi (Garnier Herbashine) on to get a few more weeks out of my hair and save a few quid would be a good idea. My biggest worry is that this colour came out very dark and it is not fading like any of the previous times :(

I have decided to go back to my fairer roots so have been considering using colour b4, waiting a week or too and going back into my hairdressers to have a my highlights.

Did any of you go back to your hairdresser after? Did you next dye job turn out ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

I was a blonde highlight but decided to go darker. Got it done in hairdressers but wanted a light brown with blonde highlights. Didn't like it at all and did a home dye of an auburn shade. Didn't like that either so used colour b4. It did strip my hair and then after a week went back to hairdressers and got more blonde highlights in. Hair is in terrible condition since, dry and frizzy. Have to accept it's my own fault for doing so much messing. But just to answer your question- if your hair is already dry like mine is, yes mine is in quite bad condition now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nickyj77

Hi, ive been looking everywhere to find if this works on grey hair....i was unfortunate to start with greys at 21!!! & have been dying ever since im naturally mid/dark brown & always dye darkish brown but getting tired of dying so much (once a month) & want to go lighter to hide those pesky little greys longer :rolleyes: any help would be great ty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

A friend used it on her to get it back to her natural hair colour which was blonde it took three boxes and she ended up with a tinge of orange in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

Just used it, a bit more ginge then my hair usually is, but I'm not complaining.

Im really impressed, one box did my mountain of hair, would really recommend it, maybe be prepared to put a semi on after but I think it's great.

Had my hair stripped in a hairdressers and this is so much more natural!

Advertisement