Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everybody can come into our liberal paradise - just don't go to their countries!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

darkman2 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0404/dubai.html

Meanwhile we put up with not only having to fork out dole and support but to listen to the protests against "the west" (presumably us aswell). Really if they have a problem or don't like it or us why don't they f*ck off home? They would clearly be more comfortable?

DEY TUK URR DOLE!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Antbert

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Ok, people seem to be picking up on the "Muslims are all horribly violent, one of them attacked me", but note: ONE attacked him. Out of every muslim he's every provoked in that way, only one got violent.

So conduct an experiment, take a bus or train in Dublin, give the finger to everyone. Will you get physically attacked?
    If so, will you say that all Dubliners are violent and will attack anyone on a whim? Or are some people just pricks, regardless of race / religion?
    To be fair, I think most people disagree with the sentiment of the initial post. An excellent experiment to the ones who DO hold the "Muslims are horribly violent" opinion though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Antbert wrote: »
    You see in the UK they won't get thrown in prison for expressing an opinion. An opinion no one apart from The Daily Mail will actually take seriously. Christian groups protest abortion, and I find this even more unpleasant.

I don't mean to belittle your opinion but what age are you? And what area do you go to school in? As has already been highlighted, learning about human rights isn't exactly a bad thing.

Nice.

Also I reckon you're exaggerating or you were actually being racist. I base this on your general tone.

how the hell is saying brown bread racist!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

owenc wrote: »

I'm not sure.

What context was it said?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maybe it's a racist term or something in some cultures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I agree with Sofaspud and i guarantee you there is more in that story he is letting on.

It isn't. But I don't believe you. So I think either one of these things happened: You're making up the entire story to paint the Muslim kid in a bad light, or you didn't just say "brown bread" and actually made a racist comment.

If you can't believe you lack credibility, read your former post, contemplate it, then reassess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

A good genocide wouldn't go astray every now and again.

no she ran home and told her parents something about brown bread and then the next day i got roared at about calling her brown bread.. i NEVER said that... they lie all the time.. ill get up some news stories to show you how silly some of them can be.
    They as in.. People? They sure do.

You just put a racist/sectarianist (I dunno which angle you're going for) statement in your "I'm not racist but..." defence. Seriously? Why are you even attempting to flail around in this argument? I suppose that on an Internet forum you can't prove your innocence, and I can't prove you said something racist, so this is a pointless exchange.

However you blatantly have an unpleasant attitude towards Muslims, so the Muslim girl in your school probably picked up on that when you said something like "...Your lot always lie... We have to change words to accomodate YOU... I'm enjoying my brown bread sandwich."

no she ran home and told her parents something about brown bread and then the next day i got roared at about calling her brown bread.. i NEVER said that... they lie all the time.. ill get up some news stories to show you how silly some of them can be.

That's an amazing assumption to make, based on the actings of one girl who ran home crying. :)

Your post doesn't add up to be honest. You're streching... Stop.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    That's an amazing assumption to make, based on the actings of one girl who ran home crying. :)

Your post doesn't add up to be honest. You're streching... Stop.
    Ha *snap*

Antbert wrote: »
    They as in.. People? They sure do.

You just put a racist/sectarianist (I dunno which angle you're going for) statement in your "I'm not racist but..." defence. Seriously? Why are you even attempting to flail around in this argument? I suppose that on an Internet forum you can't prove your innocence, and I can't prove you said something racist, so this is a pointless exchange.

However you blatantly have an unpleasant attitude towards Muslims, so the Muslim girl in your school probably picked up on that when you said something like "...Your lot always lie... We have to change words to accomodate YOU... I'm enjoying my brown bread sandwich."

no i do not.. i told you that some of them are a discrace because they bring in pathetic rules like telling us not to say certain words like ba ba black sheep...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nobody's ever told me not to say baa baa black sheep.

Piste wrote: »

read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa,_Baa,_Black_Sheep#Pakistani_Version Thats an example of what they said.. im leaving this area because its breaking into a row..

no i do not.. i told you that some of them are a discrace because they bring in pathetic rules like telling us not to say certain words like ba ba black sheep...

WTF?!

What are you even talking about? I think you should just wander off and pretend you've gone offline.

Edit: Didn't see your post where you decided to do just that (although for future reference, it works better if you don't actually declare that you're storming off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

this ****ty human rights crap
    LOL
    school never used to be like this until that european union!
    Surely you weren't in school before the European Union was formed?
    Who's "they"? Muslims? I thought the "baa baa black sheep" thing, which was just rubbished anyway as far as I know, was brought in by overly right-on whites?

Piste wrote: »

Piste, don't ever let dlofnep hear you say baa baa black sheep!

You've been told! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

old_aussie wrote: »
    It's supposed to achieve a comfortable sitting position.

Also to show a muslim the sole of your shoe is an insult to them.

It's not against the law to sit as you want in Australia, and i don't see why I should change to accomodate a religin that I don't give a damn about.

They want to come to Australia, let the abide by our culture

Oxymoron alert.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The stuff in the media that you are referring to is hardly on par with the revolt against apartheid.

The stuff against Apartheid, was a popular grass roots movement, and the media picked up on it eventually.

Still, there is a ton of condemnation of the ME, all over the news all the time. I see stuff about Iran every other day, and during the protests in Iran, there was lot of coverage as well. Any time the Iranian President says something stupid, its front page news.

Before the Iraq war, I heard a ton of stuff about them as well, that easily matched the stuff about Apartheid South Africa, except of course, a lot of the stuff about Iraq were total lies, that the media peddled. I simply disagree, the ME is featured plenty in the news.
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Who's point are you making now, yours or mine?

As that is precisely the reason I gave further up the thread as to why I feel Governments are not as vocal about the executions and general barbaric treatment of people in Islamic countries.

I was talking more generally at that point. **EDIT** Just to add, i do agree with you in this regard, and should have been clearer, that I was talking in general term at point.**END EDIT**

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'll sit on a train in Australia as comfortably as I want to.

It's just a factual example of how our Aussie culture has to deal with muslim who want to impose their beliefs. Many people sit with one foot over the knee of the other leg, and I'm not going to change my culture just cause some muslim is sitting opposite me.

muslims should adapt to their new country and respect our Aussie culture, not expect Australia to change for them.

Get a grip

Have some manners and respect and you'll find most people get along just fine.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

When I'm on the train and see a muslim I always put one leg up so that the sole of the shoe on that foot faces the muslim.

muslims don't assimilate onto the community, they try to change it to their way.

Yeh, sorry there champ but i dont agree with your actions at all, I know they stick together in a anti-assimilation way, but i hate to break it to you its no different to the way Aussies go to london and hang around together or Paddys in Sydney, if you look past the cultural differences that is.

Although I do love it when the high and mighty Boards brigade start on about the treatment of Aboriginals in Australia, i think straight away about the treatment of members of the Traveling Community by the Irish public and think hypocrites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Aussie wrote: »
    Although I do love it when the high and mighty Boards brigade start on about the treatment of Aboriginals in Australia, i think straight away about the treatment of members of the Traveling Community by the Irish public and think hypocrites.
    Why? I don't treat travellers badly - does simply being Irish make me a hypocrite to consider the treatment of Aboriginals poor?
    I certainly don't deem all white Australians responsible for that either, nor do I consider all Aboriginals poor little innocent victims.

The Aussie wrote: »
    Yeh, sorry there champ but i dont agree with your actions at all, I know they stick together in a anti-assimilation way, but i hate to break it to you its no different to the way Aussies go to london and hang around together or Paddys in Sydney, if you look past the cultural differences that is.

On a personal note - I don't mistreat travelers.

Surely you see the hypocrisy in someone telling foreigners to Australia to abide by your culture - when that's the complete opposite of what settlers in Australia did to the Aborigines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

'In a similar case, an Indian couple were sentenced to three months in jail for exchanging steamy text messages'

More importantly, why would you go on holidays just to text each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Maturbation is probably given the death penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What's the problem? Their country, their laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I like the way his pic is of the pretentious bloke in a bar, her's is a big modelling photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

They look like a couple of posers.

On the plus side however the fella will be able to point out the laws against kissing when he gets his first approaching admirer in prison.

Advertisement