Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting sick of some of the people in this game.

Options
  • 02-04-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I was doing my fishing daily when I thought I better do my random for the frost badges. So, I'm in straight away after hitting random and end up running to the fight. The group was already on the first boss and nearly dead. I finely get there but, I'm still in my moonkin spec with fishing gear on. I healed my ass off and no one died. So, I say in the chat that "I'm in the wrong spec please wait". Unbelievably I get back "omg" "ffs " want me to heal". So, now I've change spec and outfit, but have zero mana. These guy's don't even wait and charge into a pack of adds. We'll I'm steaming from the comments they made to me, so I just sit there and I say to myself f***k- em if they can't even wait. Now they're all dead and I get " kick the healer" and then I blow saying" I cant' heal without mana you f***king dickheads and I asked you to wait" and then hit leave party. What is up with people. I've played this game from the begining and it was never this bad. A friend of mine just came back after six months break and got kicked from a random for having a low GS. He's an awesome player and was in the number one ranked guild on his server ffs and his gear was ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yep,
    Its funny the amount of abuse you can get in the game.

I have a hunter i started playing again "had not used him for almost a year". His gear is not that good and his weapon is pants. Anyways i went into the auction house and bought a cheap Tank gun as it was twice as good as what i had "its item lvl is 264? i think so its good but cheap". But now im getting wispers from people linking me my gun and giving abuse :P

Im a DPS class and i bought this gun to improve my DPS so what if its a tank gun it has helped me DPS about 500more on lvl 83 boss's :P

The very funny thing about it all was last night at around 2:30am when i was called a Nerd and someother things by a tank cause i had the gun. I was thinking to my self who would be playing this game at 2:30am in at night in the middle of a week but only Nerds. So i was been called a Nerd by a fellow Nerd kind of made me LAUGH...

In the end i told him to F**k Off but i think when ever i get a wisper i will just put them on ignore and not even anser them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Random tards are the curse of the LFG system. I've had to make it very clear to groups in the past that if I'm not ready, then you're not ready. And you can forget about a rez after you've wiped again! It's the tank who'll dictate the pace, and if he's any good, he'll wait.

And unless you're completely clueless about gear, then people shouldn't give too much grief, there's usually a reason for it, like the tank in vendor gear who's just been hacked...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The community has definitely gotten worse since Wrath. People expect to be handed things on a solver platter, and have gotten so elitist that its almost impossible to play without some retard giving you abuse for one thing or another. Not over 5k GS? 'N00b'. Make the slightest mistake? 'fagg0t'. Party wipes? 'omfg, learn to play u ****in noobs' and so on.

The only solution if to just play with guildmates. That way, you cut out at least 50% of the retards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

2 Espressi wrote: »
    It's the tank who'll dictate the pace, and if he's any good, he'll wait.

If he's very good you won't have to wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;65221542']If he's very good you won't have to wait.
    If he's very good, and the healer is good, then he wont have to wait. I generally try to go as fast as my healer can keep me up when i'm tanking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Was playing a battleground the other night our side had captured the flag and i was killed near the flag bearer who i had'nt seen coming. Anyway some guy starts typing noob over the BG channel and is told to shut up by one of our teammates. So he then started whispering insults instead. Confusingly enough he told me to get a life :confused:.

Anyway i decided to spend the rest of the BG whispering to him how his mother was'nt a noob at sucking me off.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Honestly why do you give a fck if someone calls you a NOOb or gives you abuse its simple really just ignore them its only a game and honestly they'll just be as much delighted if you start feeding them back with more abuse.

But I have to say i am finding the general groupings and people being such whingey bandits!! Like its the end of the world if you wipe. There is awlays goign to be 1 or 2 in a group nowadays who have never done some bosses or dungeons so just have patience and let them know to get mroe practice in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm not back playing long (no one every really quits wow!) and still trying to find my feet tanking but i'm doing fine, the other day I was running DrakTharon keep with a group and the healer starts running on and pulling more, (a tree druid) fair enough he's not going to die but if my abilities are on CD when he pulls then I cant get agro on the mobs, which is precisely what happened and the mage died. He says wtf tank? I said Let me do the pulling because I know when my cooldowns are up. The healer then says I'm a noob "5k GS lol", obviously I'm pretty annoyed at this stage, got to dred, pulled him and all the adds, left group.

revenge is sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I generally find that people in the game are unusually friendly.
    maybe i am lucky with my battlegroup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I was doing my fishing daily when I thought I better do my random for the frost badges. So, I'm in straight away after hitting random and end up running to the fight. The group was already on the first boss and nearly dead. I finely get there but, I'm still in my moonkin spec with fishing gear on. I healed my ass off and no one died. So, I say in the chat that "I'm in the wrong spec please wait". Unbelievably I get back "omg" "ffs " want me to heal". So, now I've change spec and outfit, but have zero mana. These guy's don't even wait and charge into a pack of adds. We'll I'm steaming from the comments they made to me, so I just sit there and I say to myself f***k- em if they can't even wait. Now they're all dead and I get " kick the healer" and then I blow saying" I cant' heal without mana you f***king dickheads and I asked you to wait" and then hit leave party. What is up with people. I've played this game from the begining and it was never this bad. A friend of mine just came back after six months break and got kicked from a random for having a low GS. He's an awesome player and was in the number one ranked guild on his server ffs and his gear was ok.

Healer/tank need to be pretty clear and concise in your instructions. I say this with all due respect to the pro dps out there but the majority of dps are pretty much bots. They join a group and spam a few keys until they can collect loot. Most have very poor awareness or encounter knowledge and even more have poor class knowledge.

So, personally, if you haven't spammed "oom" at least 5 times before they pulled, I think it is completely your fault.

Healer/Tank is basically a Mummy/Daddy dynamic, bringing the kids to the zoo for a day to look at all the scary mobs. But don't worry, Mum and Dad will save you if you accidentally fall into the metaphorical lion's cage by being ****.

Hell, the amount of pug runs now where the healer and I (the tank) did more damage than 1 or more dps just blows my mind. I understand people looking for Gear Scores these days, I was inspecting every member of any pug raid I ran personally, 9 months ago.

The only problems I have with the current incarnation of WoW players is the fact that so many think they have earned so much and are so good at the game, when so few have actually accomplished enough to make that claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

It's one of the reasons I quit the game, sick of all the crap.

You haven't really quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

On the flipside (Tanking) I get annoyed when a Healer goes "wtf I needed mana!!" When he had half a pool or more and Im just taking trash. You dont need to be topped off, like. Lets just get **** done.

The other one is of course ranged DPS that decides they know better so they try to basically off-tank their own target out of LoS to me. Or the Tank that queues as DPS and then wants to roll on Tanking Gear.

I even had one DPS beg me to kick him from the group "Because I dont want to wait 30 mins lol". And force the next group he encounters to suffer him? Eh, no.

But thats LFG. It turns people into Dillweeds, especially if theyre not on the same realm.

How about the Jewelcrafter that doesnt mention any Fee but then after he cuts your gems he flashes them and trade and scoffs at your Tip. "Double that or else. Your call." That had me raging. Either mention your fee before I give you mats or take your tip like a man. Its not like it cost you more than 45 seconds of your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I have a chat button/setup for random dungeons. It contains loot info/rolls, Guild chat and whispers only.
    So no matter what anyone says, I cba as I can't see it to let it annoy me. I do the same for the BG's.
    Given there's tons of kids playing the game, and I'm a little older, I really don't want to be arguing with children or having to put up with them calling each other noobs, cocks, fanny's or whatever.

You don't need chat unless your with friends/guildies so it doesn't matter, 90% of the time it'll be retardedness anyway, just type in "/p Hi" at the start and get on with the instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ivan wrote: »
    Healer/tank need to be pretty clear and concise in your instructions. I say this with all due respect to the pro dps out there but the majority of dps are pretty much bots. They join a group and spam a few keys until they can collect loot. Most have very poor awareness or encounter knowledge and even more have poor class knowledge.

So, personally, if you haven't spammed "oom" at least 5 times before they pulled, I think it is completely your fault.

Healer/Tank is basically a Mummy/Daddy dynamic, bringing the kids to the zoo for a day to look at all the scary mobs. But don't worry, Mum and Dad will save you if you accidentally fall into the metaphorical lion's cage by being ****.

Hell, the amount of pug runs now where the healer and I (the tank) did more damage than 1 or more dps just blows my mind. I understand people looking for Gear Scores these days, I was inspecting every member of any pug raid I ran personally, 9 months ago.

The only problems I have with the current incarnation of WoW players is the fact that so many think they have earned so much and are so good at the game, when so few have actually accomplished enough to make that claim.

:D.. what would you call those that heal while also topping the dps meters ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its the same when anything goes main stream. I sometimes wish boards wasn't mainstream anymore. And I wish the internet wasnt main stream. I'd love to go back to the days when to get on the internet you had to have a modem and understand how it works. It was a great sort of IQ entry test. Shame Boards, the internet, and WoW cant have a similar hurdle that might keep some of the Tards out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Magill wrote: »
    :D.. what would you call those that heal while also topping the dps meters ????

Shadow priests ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah the community reminds me of the abuse infested MW2 community these days.
    Ive quit for the umteenth time recently but this time its been longer than normal thanks to other games coming good.
    Currently playing and really enjoying some single player RPGs to give me my RPG fix.
    Sometimes its just nice to craft your own destiny in a game and not be reliant on other players.
    Currently playing Mass Effect and torchlight on PC, enjoying them so much ive ordered Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins,should get them this week.

Having said that no doubt wow will suck me back at some stage ,it always does but this time its been longer than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah the community reminds me of the abuse infested MW2 community these days.
    Ive quit for the umteenth time recently but this time its been longer than normal thanks to other games coming good.
    Currently playing and really enjoying some single player RPGs to give me my RPG fix.
    Sometimes its just nice to craft your own destiny in a game and not be reliant on other players.
    Currently playing Mass Effect and torchlight on PC, enjoying them so much ive ordered Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins,should get them this week.

Having said that no doubt wow will suck me back at some stage ,it always does but this time its been longer than usual.

Hurry up already :P i've even levelled a healer now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

just ingore them...

The only time you in into retards is in pugs or lfg. I dont run LFG anymore cause I just dont need the frost emblems for gear, and for the one character I do, I'm just going to keep up ICC runs till I get the badges, I cant be ****ed going into LFG, why? Because of the amount of ****ters.

There was a time when "hitcap" actually was important. Now dont get me wrong, its still vitally important, but not for 80% of the lfg community. People ding 80 and go straight into LFGs, expecting to be carried to gear and badges, its the most frustrating thing ever.

I'll probably get back into doing my dailies on my DK cause he needs a few tier pieces, but its going to be painful.

Do your job as best you can, and thats it, ignore the moans and stupid talk. And if its too much, you can just leave, there is no onus to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

nix wrote: »
    Shadow priests ;)

ele sham ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do your job as best you can, and thats it, ignore the moans and stupid talk. And if its too much, you can just leave, there is no onus to stay.

Sound advice right there.

Hurry up already i've even levelled a healer now

You just miss my uber healing saving your rogue ass ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I usually ignore them, but there are some cases where the person is just that annoying, so I whisper the healer and ask him not to heal the person giving the greif. Then I let him pull aggro ;) Rince and repeat. Heroics can be three manned anyway, so one DPS less is fine.

Saying that, if the healer or tank is being a díck, I normally ask them to keep quiet, It's not hard to get in people to replace them, if you have any patience.

Since the begining of the game there have been lots of elitist fools playing. These are the people that ruin the game completely. If you have a different spec to their cookie cutter spec, if your gear is odd, or your playing style is different, then you don't know what you are doing, that's a load of bull. But you have to learn that these are ignorant sheep, that follow a manual and anything outside that manual is wrong. They also set a gear standard, which is also bull, as we all know any idiot can get top end gear with boosts and the likes. What can we do about these knobs? Nothing... If it has gotten to the stage that your game is ruined by these fools then it is time to find another game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

I remember when WOTLK just came out and people kept hurling abuse at me for "NOT TANKING FFS" when I was trying to explain that I wasn't in the instance, and had just joined the group, honestly, I'm in a cycle of quitting the game, remembering how much fun it was, reinstalling, getting pissed off by people bitching about how my gear sucks(I like to have gear with a bit more mana so that I can spam AOE), or people running ahead when I clearly tell them to wait, or worst of all, people who down right refuse to let me attack first, or won't get behind me so I can pull(In cases of avoiding patrolls).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I don't play wow anymore (for now) but I found that the amount of arrogant rude people is much lower on RP servers. You actually don't need to RP just do an /emote every so often and you avoid 90% of the frustrating stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

TheDoc wrote: »
    just ingore them...

There was a time when "hitcap" actually was important. Now dont get me wrong, its still vitally important, but not for 80% of the lfg community. People ding 80 and go straight into LFGs, expecting to be carried to gear and badges, its the most frustrating thing ever.

"what the hell is a defense cap!?"

There is no defense cap. There is a chance to be crit by a raid boss of 5.6% (5.4% from a dungeon boss) that needs to be protected against. You can do this either by reaching 460 resilience, 540 defense (689 defense rating), or a combination of both. For dungeon bosses, you need 535 defense (665 defense rating), 443 resilience, or again a combination of both. Druids have a talent which makes them immune to crit from raid bosses.

Past 540 defense, you are fully crit immune, but you continue to gain miss/dodge/parry/block%'s, recalculated ofc by diminishing returns (block isn't affected by diminishing returns on defense).

So before people make jest of those who don't know what 'defense cap' is, make sure you know what you're talking about first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

didnt i read that def is / was being removed?

just resubbed yesterday. i fail at quitting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

aye Def will be removed.

When I first decided to switch from holy to protection as a paladin I concentrated on getting 102.4% avoidance (after getting def capped) which ended up that I had low-ish stamina for a tank (30 odd k at the time tier 8 content). I took very little damage off heroic bosses, once I kept holy shield up which I always do. But I was kicked from many heroic groups before they even started and couldnt even get into a pug naxx10 because of my low HP. I was SO angry a lot of the time. So feck it I said I let my avoidance fall below 102.4% to about 95% and built up my stamina, just to appease the morons.

Now i'm at 101% with 42k health and find it hard to get accepted into an ICC10.
    they're looking for 50k plus.

Tis a funny old game.

At least my priest is accepted into groups otherwise I think i'ld quit again.

• Advertisement

50k unbuffed?

Avoidance was great before ICC. 102.4% was the crushing blow cap before WotLK, and now it's just good against Anub adds. Since ICC came out though, the emphasis is on Effective Health - Stamina & Amour. You still need to be uncrittable, and stamina emphasis can be hard on healers for healing up soaked damage, but the armour makes up for it. High HP with low armour is a waste of time. You may as well be a mage with high HP.

Advertisement